My Hero

tspoon
tspoon Member Posts: 24

After 5 yrs post diagnosis I lost my best friend and husband May 8, 2016. He was my hero and fought valiantly until the very end, was on hospice a year to the day, and never lost ground until the very last day. 

I came home from work, he was on the floor, and it was over in 30 hours. 

This horrible disease stole an otherwise healthy 64 year old man from me and it sux. I hope someday this disease is stopped for all the men still out there fighting. 

Comments

• hopeful and optimistic
    hopeful and optimistic Member Posts: 2,339 Member
    My sincere condolences

I am saddened to read of your loss.

G-d Bless

• VascodaGama
    VascodaGama Member Posts: 3,638 Member
    I am sorry for the news

Tspoon,

I am sorry for the news. I still remmember our exchanged posts back in 2012. He surely was a fighter and an hero to all us PCa patients.

You also helped so many in this forum and I am grateful for the advices. "When to worry"; https://csn.cancer.org/node/235673

With my sincere condolences,

VGama

• Josephg
    Josephg Member Posts: 372 Member
    My Sincere Condolences

Tspoon,

I am so sorry to read about your loss.  Every person who becomes a PCa patient, but still remains a fighter all the way through the journey, is a hero to us.  It gives us our inspiration to continue on, in our own journeys.

I offer you some very simple, yet profound, words of wisdom that were once given to me at a time of need, which I found to be very helpful.  I trust that they will be helpful to you as well in this very difficult time for you.

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

Again, with my most sincere condolences,

Josephg

• Rakendra
    Rakendra Member Posts: 197 Member
    edited May 2016 #5
    Compassion

This is from Osho that I posted on a different thread.  I think it works well here too:

If I teach you only how to enjoy your health, your joy and your life, and the other part is neglected, then I am teaching you something which is going to create a division in you, a split in you. I teach you the totality of existence.

‘Don’t possess. Don’t hold anything and don’t cling. Let things come and pass. Allow things to pass through you, and you remain always vulnerable, available. Then there is great beauty, great grace and great ecstasy. Your sadness will bring a depth to you, as much as your joy. Your death will bring great gifts to you, as many as life itself. Then a man knows that this whole existence is his: nights and days, summers and winters – all are his. In remaining vulnerable, open and relaxed, you become a master.

‘The greatest thing to learn is not to hold onto anything: to your love, to your joy, to your body or to your health. Enjoy everything – your health, your body, your love, your woman or your man – but don’t cling…. If something is available, enjoy it. When it disappears, let it disappear with gratitude – gratitude for all that it has done for you, with no grudge and with no complaint. And you will know the greatest joys of both life and death, of both light and darkness, of both being and non-being.’

love swami rakendra

(Osho  The Dhammapada: The Way of the Buddha Vo

• Will Doran
    Will Doran Member Posts: 207 Member
    edited June 2016 #6
    So Sorry

Tspoon,

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.  We all face this and we all fight as hard as we can.  My Dad lost his battle at 93.  He was good up until two days before he died. I'm well into my third year after diagnosis and surgery.  The Monster is always hanging over my head, but I continue to fight.

It sounds like you husband fought a good fight.  Be thankful for the time you had. 

Know that the fight is over and he is at peace.

Peace and God Bless 

Will