Went on another retreat.

camul
camul Member Posts: 2,537

This one was so good.  It was with Lifting Hearts.  A nonprofit here in Utah.  There were 20 bc survivors. Stage 0 -4.  Such a positive loving environment.  

It broke my heart to see so many in their 20-30's with young children.  Out of 6 stage iv, 2 were in late 20's- early 30's.   All theree were at different stage of acceptance, and treatment.  Some, single, some ricovero, and married.  The group was started bu 2 sisters, 1 with bc, their mom, also not a bc patient, bit I think her mother was, a cousin who was not a survivor, but she lost her sister to it.  

They all have families,  yet give so much of themselves to help others.  It started as a support group that meets 1x a month.  Then added 2 retreats a year, and the online support g group on facebook has grown to over 400.

It started in central Utah, and now opening monthly support group in Salt Lake, and there is a need for Northern Utah. Tells us how many women out there with breast cancer that have been doing it alone.  

Hugs,

Carol

Comments

• tufi000
    tufi000 Member Posts: 745 Member
    warm fuzzies

You sound like you are enjoying things and I feel elated!!! Go Ninja!  This is a beautiful way to truly address what we go through.  How wonderful for you.

Sherry