expanders ? No replies I hate this board!

Options
christald21
christald21 Member Posts: 55
edited May 2016 in Breast Cancer #1

HI Everyone, it has been awhile since i have been on here.  I am at the stage now in my treatment where i have expanders in.  I had double mas. and expanders put in in Nov.   I ended up having radiation with the expander in.  (everything went great!)  Now i just went in for my last expansion and for some reason i started running a fever that night and my right breast (radiated side) turning slightly red.  The doctor wanted to see me right away.  I went in there the next day.  He drew fluid from the breast, but it was very little and it was clear.  He said that is a good sign.  He also put me on a really strong dose of antibioitic.   I guess its a combo of two.  The next day my fever broke... Yea...   but the redness isn't going away...  This sucks!   Everything was going so smooth.  I just started back to work in  Feb.   with a promotion.  So missing any work right now, would not be good.  I just hope this goes away...   Has anyone experienced this?  And if so, how did it turn out?  Please i could use some positive stuff here.  I am worried!   And it's been three days an no one replies.  Was hoping to get some advice or something!   Instead I got nothing.   I don't understand why I even wasted my time typing this.   Thanks all !

Comments

• Puffin2014
    Puffin2014 Member Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    sorry

Sorry, I had lumpectomy, nothing I can advise about. Be patient, it was Mother's Day weekend, I'm sure people were out doing things with their family.

• cati0314
    cati0314 Member Posts: 203
    Options
    I understand

Hi, I understand your frustration.  However I do not have any similar experiences to share.  I had radiation and reconstruction (DIEP flap) at a later date.  The radiation was easy, no problems.  Wishing you the best of luck!

• Clementine_P
    Clementine_P Member Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    So sorry

I'm so sorry you are dealing with this.  I did have expanders but had chemo and no radiation.  I didn't experience anything like you are experiencing.  I hope your situation clears up quickly and congratulations on the promotion!

Clementine

• Wabbitt
    Wabbitt Member Posts: 18
    Options
    cati0314 said:

I understand

Hi, I understand your frustration.  However I do not have any similar experiences to share.  I had radiation and reconstruction (DIEP flap) at a later date.  The radiation was easy, no problems.  Wishing you the best of luck!

DIEP Flap

I am considering DIEP, can you share with me how it went..ie.; recovery time, pain and over all appearance and how long it took in total to get back to life.  I am 61, in resonable condition, no chemo or radiation needed....thanks so much..any insight is helpful.

• Teach76
    Teach76 Member Posts: 351 Member
    edited May 2016 #6
    Options
    Thinking of you

I did not have the same experience as you, but I was glad to read that your doctor saw you right away.  That was the best person to connect with.  I share your frustration of wanting immediate answers and advice - I think we have all been there.  The unknown can be downright frightening, especially when things happen on a weekend as they always seem to do.

hoping the antibiotics took control - it still does not answer WHY it happened, but you may never know.

Feel better soon!

• Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    Lack of response

I think your situation is a little unique and this is why you have not had any responses.  I for one have no experience with what you're describing.   Please don't say you "hate this board".   I hope everything gets resolved quickly for you.  There are women who have had issues with their implants.  Have you done a search?

Suzanne

• camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    you are in a different situation.

i had expanders and fills, an infection or reaction when it was first in, but benydryl cleaned it up.  you are unique because of the radiation with the expanders in.  Hard to reply when most of us have not had this.  i react when something resonates.  

Sorry, but dont give up. there may be someone who has had a similar treatment or issues.  i wish you the best.  i hope someone pops on who can help.

• RozHopkins
    RozHopkins Member Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Same.  Expanders but no

Same.  Expanders but no problems.  Sorry can't help.

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    edited May 2016 #10
    Options
    hugs

Denise

hugs

Denise

• jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    No Replies

Do you really think that writing "I hate this board" will entice folks to respond to your post? While I did have expanders I never had radiation so did not feel I had anything to contribute to the discussion. I realize that you were upset over your condition but I think your comment was uncalled for. Did you bother to consider that you posted on Friday evening of a holiday weekend? Your circumstances are very specific and the timing of the post was not optimal. That being said, I hope you have found the information you were seeking and are feeling better. 

IRENE

• Pixie Dust
    Pixie Dust Member Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    BMX

Sorry about your frustration about you hating this board. This discussion board has helped many cancer and non cancer patients. I am one of those that has been helped. Try the chatroom, there you will find some good people that has or had all types of cancer. Probably the reason no one was responding is no one has had this problem that is on this website. I cannot help you because I had a BMX with no reconstruction. I do hope you find your answers that you are looking for by someone that has not seen your post yet. Good luck in finding your answers you are looking for.  Hugs, Pixie

• karlawel
    karlawel Member Posts: 12
    Options
    Sores

I'm sorry that you have been going through this......I to had some troubles with my expanders after I had radiation treatments.  I had expanders in and had them filled to where I wanted to be and then did 28 rounds of radiation treatments and then 2 months later I developed sores on my left breast.  I have finally healed but took a long time and other things.....Good luck!!