Options
2»

Comments

• Tethys41
    Tethys41 Member Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    jsingh11 said:

Stage 4 Ovarian Cancer Treatment options and Survivors

My Mother was diagnosed with Stage 4 Ovarian Cancer with metastatis and spread in Abdomen. Underwent her second chemo.

Want to understand if there are any alternate therapies which have been tried in parallel with conventional treatment. Do's and Don'ts in terms of deight and foods.

How to minimize the side effects of Chemo and prepare the patient for surgery emotionally and physically.

Want to learn from the journey of survivors.

Regards,

Professionals

Jsingh11

I incorporated a number of integrative treatments while I was undergoing chemo.  But honestly, it isn't something you should try to do yourself.  You wouldn't install a new engine in your car yourself, so you certainly ought not to try treating your mother's cancer yourself.  There are a lot of powerful options out there, but they are specific to each patient.  I suggest you find a naturopath familiar with oncology patients, an integrative oncologist or an Anthroposophical medicine doctor familiar with oncology.

Best of luck to you.

• Carrot358
    Carrot358 Member Posts: 34
    Options
    Checking in

Hi everyone,

In September, 2016, my diagnosis was ovarian carsinosarcoma 3C, very rare, fast growing, only 200 in the country diagnosed with this a year.  Had surgety, chemo that ended the end of January.  I'll go for check ups every three months, next one in July.  I have learned that recovery from nerve damage is about 1mm/month - slow.  healing does happen.  I do all that I can to keep my mind, body and spirit healthy, including rest, good food, exercise, supplements, family and friends and not denying feelings.

This site was/is one of many resources I use stay on top of things.  I feel great and am living my life.  Good to be doing it with you!

Carrot - Marilyn