OK - I'm officially "de"ported!

Just got back from the surgeon's office. My port is officially out of my body. Time to celebrate. Can't wait for it to heal where I can stretch my left arm up without pulling. It is an interesting little device. The doctor showed it to me. I could feel it pop out when he removed it. I think the apprehension was worse than the pain. Not that it was painless. Just not intolerable. I'm happy to put this behind me. I feel like it was the last step.

Here's to hoping that I never have a need for one again!

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

Comments

• Good for you

Another step in your road to freedom.  It seems to be a reminder to me of the cancer, I am sure it was to you also.  Hugs Nancy

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    I'm so glad to hear it all

I'm so glad to hear it all went well, Cindi!!  I think you should celebrate too - another milestone reached.  I also hope you (and I) NEVER need one of those darn things again!

Love,

Eldri

• Kvdyson
    Kvdyson Member Posts: 789
    Cheers!

Cheers to your de-portation! Here's hoping that this will all just be a distant memory very soon. Congratulations on a battle well fought!

• molimoli
    molimoli Member Posts: 514
    Great news Cindi

Give it no further  thought as you move forward my sister.You had a port yesterday,had, leave it there and keep stepping into tomorrow's newness with a brand new thirst  for life. congratulations  and best wishes. 

Moli -Hugging thee.

• joannewtta
    joannewtta Member Posts: 43
    molimoli said:

Great news Cindi

Give it no further  thought as you move forward my sister.You had a port yesterday,had, leave it there and keep stepping into tomorrow's newness with a brand new thirst  for life. congratulations  and best wishes. 

Moli -Hugging thee.

Congrats! I know what a

Congrats! I know what a relief it was to get mine out. My Dr made me keep it in for a year after I finiished treat ment. I got to keep mine. Badge of courage. I wanted to frame and hang it. I don't even notice the scar it is so faint now.

Joanne

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member

Congrats! I know what a

Congrats! I know what a relief it was to get mine out. My Dr made me keep it in for a year after I finiished treat ment. I got to keep mine. Badge of courage. I wanted to frame and hang it. I don't even notice the scar it is so faint now.

Joanne

Thanks for celebrating with

Thanks for celebrating with me. I'm looking forward to when the ache goes away! Thank goodness for icepacks and Advil.

I get the sutures out next Wednesday. Then I'll consider this all done forever!

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    Congrats! What a relief it

Congrats! What a relief it must be! 

• ncg007
    ncg007 Member Posts: 138 Member
    Congrats

Congratulations on getting port removed!  One more reminder of cancer eliminated, can't wait for the day that i get to have mine out.

Nancy 

• BabyCoach
    BabyCoach Member Posts: 95
    Celebration

Certainly a time to celebrate this passage! Now you can either hang the darn thing from the chandelier as a badge of courage or consider chemo over and toss it in a dumpster! The good news is YOU GET TO CHOOSE!

• Editgrl
    Editgrl Member Posts: 903 Member
    Woo hoo!  Glad you got that

Woo hoo!  Glad you got that little devil removed.  One last step on the way out of cancerlandia!

• cindy0519
    cindy0519 Member Posts: 173
    Woo hoo for no more port!  It

Woo hoo for no more port!  It must feel great!!!!