Gastrinoma

Options

I have diagnosed with Gastrinoma last january in midgut and metastasis to liver on Octreotide LAR injection treatment, I was on PPI (Pantoprazole) for long time and I believe PPI caused the cancer, I would like to hear from other patients if they have same symptom and causes of the cancer. 

Comments

• FL-NANA
    FL-NANA Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Gastrinoma

I don't share your belief that PPIs caused the gastrinomas.  Gastrinomas are very slow growing.  In my case, I feel that the PPIs surpressed the gastrin levels for many years allowing me to function.  Eventually the gastrinoma became too strong for the PPIs and I was finally diagnosed with ZES.  It took 12 years.  I underwent a Whipple procedure in 2010.  It did get the primary but there was lymph node involvement so I continue to struggle.  Best of luck in your fight. NEGU

• Gulzar
    Gulzar Member Posts: 10
    Options
    FL-NANA said:

Gastrinoma

I don't share your belief that PPIs caused the gastrinomas.  Gastrinomas are very slow growing.  In my case, I feel that the PPIs surpressed the gastrin levels for many years allowing me to function.  Eventually the gastrinoma became too strong for the PPIs and I was finally diagnosed with ZES.  It took 12 years.  I underwent a Whipple procedure in 2010.  It did get the primary but there was lymph node involvement so I continue to struggle.  Best of luck in your fight. NEGU

PPI use

WHEN TOU USE PPI IT REDUCE ACIDE NEEDED IN YOUR STOMACH AND THEN YOUR PANCREAS TRIES TO PRODUCE SOME ACIDE NEEDED FOR DIGESTION BY CREATING TUMORS. I SPOKE TO 7 PEOPLE WITH ZE OR GASTRINOMA ALL OF THEM WERE ON ON PPI FOR LONG TIME. DID YOU USE PPI  

BEFORE ? PPI MASKS THE SYMPTOM AND CAUSES HIGH GASTRIN IT IS LIKE PINK PONK GAME BETWEEN PPI AND GASTRINOMA TUMORS.

READ THAT LINK FOR THE STUDY OF CANCER RELATION WITH PPI.