Surgery day in nearly here

Options
MAliceR
MAliceR Member Posts: 98

Hi all. Tomorrow I get the joy of surgery prep clean out.  I have done nothing but think of food today knowing it will be at least 4 days until I get to eat.....jello. Surgery is scheduled for Saturday. I have been told I will be in the hospital 5 to 6 days depending how fast I bounce back. No one is expecting issues but it is major abdominal surgery so all prayers and positive thoughts Saturday morning will be appreciated.

Blessing to us all

MAlice

Comments

• GSP2
    GSP2 Member Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You are strong, and resilient

You are strong, and resilient and can do this.

You are not jello.

Best of luck!

Steve.

• Noon32316
    Noon32316 Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Sending prayers, positive

Sending prayers, positive thoughts, and warm hugs your way! May you have strength, comfort, patience, and peace during this time and the months to come.

Best wishes, Noon

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    Options
    My memory is terrible, I'm

My memory is terrible, I'm sorry, is this the resection? Best of luck! I'll be thinking of you!

Jan

• MAliceR
    MAliceR Member Posts: 98
    Options
    JanJan63 said:

My memory is terrible, I'm

My memory is terrible, I'm sorry, is this the resection? Best of luck! I'll be thinking of you!

Jan

Yup. 4-5 inches most likely

This is most likely a resection. If the tumor is touching the outside of the colon at all he will take out about 4-5 inches. My surgeon is expecting it. So I am too. Today I am prepping. We all know what that means. I will check in and let you all know how I am doing once I come out of my haze. Thank you all for your positive thoughts and support 

MAlice

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options
    My thoughts are with you.

I will be praying for you tomorrow and for a sucsessful surgery and quick recovery. I pray the beast will be vanquished, and soon you will hear the wonderful words No Evidence of Disease. 

Sue 

• lizard44
    lizard44 Member Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Will be thinking about you

And sending positive healing thoughts.  I hope everything goes well and you have an uneventful recovery.

Grace/lizard44

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options
    Waiting for your update.

Hoping all is well and you are on the road to recovery. 

SUE

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    Options
    Trubrit said:

Waiting for your update.

Hoping all is well and you are on the road to recovery. 

SUE

Yes, I'm hoping to hear

Yes, I'm hoping to hear something soon! I hope evrything went well!

Jan

• NewHere
    NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    +1

For what Tru and JJ said.  (And all the other good wishes and thoughts)

• DelrioGeorge
    DelrioGeorge Member Posts: 3
    Options
    The Holey, Moley, Foley

That's what I call the Foley Catheter.  They took it out on the morning of the fouth day after my colon surgery.  I had stage three cancer tumor.  Doc remove 2 thirds of my colon, half of my stomach, some of my small intestines (that's where the bleeding came from) and fixed a bad hernia while he was in there.  Took about four hours.  Recovery was easy but I remember that Foley.  Once they removed it Doc said I could go home if I could pee.  Well I could not go for nothing.  Doc said to put it back in, that was worse than the surgery.  Fifth day they removed the Foley and I did pee and Doc released me to go home.  The worst experience of it all was that Holey, Moley, Foley.  Praing for you and you will be fine. 

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
    edited June 2016 #12
    Options
    How's everything healing up,

How's everything healing up, Malice? I know it was good reports, but since this thread popped up again, it made me wonder where you are with treatment now?