Hi again and research news

Options
avisemi
avisemi Member Posts: 172

Dear all,

I am back.  Sorry for disappearing. I just needed a time away since I was having a hard time moving forward. I have missed the group so I have checked from time to time. We have so many new folks.  I wish them the best. All is well with us. Dima just had his round of exams and just saw his ENT. We are going to see the oncologists next week. He is doing really well.

I just read this article on the Washington Post and wanted to share since it specifically talks about head and neck:

The list of cancers being taken down by immunotherapy keeps growing

Here is an excerpt:

"Head and neck cancer, a devastating disease that affects the patient's ability to eat, breathe and talk, can be caused by the human papillomavirus, or HPV. Data released as an abstract Tuesday showed the immunotherapy drug Opdivo led to improved overall survival for patients with advanced cancer who had not responded to chemotherapy. Such benefit had not been seen before, according to Maura Gillison of the Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center, who led the study."

It also mentions Keytruda. I am so sorry it didn't work for Joe. 

Comments

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Options
    Thank you......

Thank you for posting. It is good to know that it is working for some. There are trials and research ongoing daily. It is amazing how radiation works on cancer by scrambling the DNA so when it divides it dies. Sad that sometimes it doesn't divide so the radiation won't do anything. They all keep working for a cure and getting much better every day. I just pray it is soon we can say all have a 100% survival.

Bill

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Something New

All I can say is that I hope something new and better will be approved soon, I don’t want to see anyone end up like me because of the treatment.

Thanks for posting, hope you been doing well

Tim