Pathology report post DiVinci - Requesting guidance

I'm Not sure how to post this news and have delayed it a few days. I care about all the sisters here who have weathered with grace all my complaining and moaning so it's with a pinch of irrational guilt that I report this good news. The path report following last week's hysterectomy came back: "Grade dropped to 1 from the biopsy Grade 2. Stage 1-A. Nodes negative for cancer cells. No further treatment recommended." I took a deep breath. And then after that I remembered the wisdom in this Board and I know further intervention on my part is absolutely required. 

I understand that this does not mean  "Cancer free". I have my post-op check with oncology team in two weeks. I would love guidance on list of questions. 

And while I have an emerging understanding of dietary changes needed I would love specific food/supplements information or reference materials. 

I will be staying on this Board because I consider you my "sisters" and because I am not totally trusting this news!

Comments

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    wonderful news Baby Coach

Time to celebrate! And certainly not a time to be apologetic. We will all celebrate with you.

I can't comment on the dietary changes. Because I opted not to make much of a change. Other than I am more aware of eating balanced - fruit, veggies, etc.; I still do eat my sweets and white flour in moderation.

I'm taking the approach that I will exercise and eat enough of the good stuff to stay healthy. I would not be happy on a hugely restrictive diet. I hope this doesn't come back to bite me down the road.... But, my doctors seem to think it is a good approach to take.

I hope you can put all of this behind you, relax, enjoy life and know that you dodged the bullet.

So happy for you!

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    OMG, that is so wonderful!!!!

OMG, that is so wonderful!!!!  I love hearing good news and god knows we need some good news some days!!!

I'm not anybody to give you any advice on diet and exercise - LOL!  I know, though, some of the ladies here have made huge changes in their diet which have worked out great.

((((BabyCoach)))

Love,

Eldri, doing the happy dance

• Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member

OMG, that is so wonderful!!!!

OMG, that is so wonderful!!!!  I love hearing good news and god knows we need some good news some days!!!

I'm not anybody to give you any advice on diet and exercise - LOL!  I know, though, some of the ladies here have made huge changes in their diet which have worked out great.

((((BabyCoach)))

Love,

Eldri, doing the happy dance

I still hang around

You can't get rid of me.  My dx was also a good one - Stage 1A, grade 1.  I honestly never thought my cancer would come back, but I kept all of my follow up apponitments just in case (well, I did get just a little laxidaisical toward the end).  I was never advised to do anything about eating or exercise, but I know that I was overweight at the time of my diagnosis and that being overweight is a risk factor for both breast and endometrial cancers and I had both.  It made me pay attention and change my ways consistently.  I exercise almost every day even if it's walking, which "they" say is the best form of exercise anyway.  I eat clean and I eat healthy.  I've lost weight (some, still need to lose 10 more).  I'm going to be 69 (horrors) in June and I want to remain active and age well.  If any of this prevents a recurrence of either of my cancers or prevents me from growing a new one, well, that's just great.   I know for sure I will be in as good a shape as possible should I need to face any illness again and I'd like to prevent what I can as long as I can, like diabetes and heart disease.   I've already outlived both of my parents and have a strong family history of both diabetes and heart issues (no cancer, tho).    I simply feel better and can do a lot of things I had accepted as just part of ageing.  For example, I could not get up off the floor without crawling over to something to leverage myself.  No more.  Up and down.    Everything they say about diet and exercise is true and I feel better than I did 5 1/2 years ago.  And I will continue to hang out here, too.  There is often someone with a diagnosis like mine and it's just good to chime in now and then and say - I'm fine.  And I am!

Suzanne

• Good for you!

We all want to celebrate good news, no need to be hesitant to share with us.  And of course we will all envy you!  Congratulations on the downgrade and no futhur treatment necessary.  Hugs Nancy

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member

I still hang around

You can't get rid of me.  My dx was also a good one - Stage 1A, grade 1.  I honestly never thought my cancer would come back, but I kept all of my follow up apponitments just in case (well, I did get just a little laxidaisical toward the end).  I was never advised to do anything about eating or exercise, but I know that I was overweight at the time of my diagnosis and that being overweight is a risk factor for both breast and endometrial cancers and I had both.  It made me pay attention and change my ways consistently.  I exercise almost every day even if it's walking, which "they" say is the best form of exercise anyway.  I eat clean and I eat healthy.  I've lost weight (some, still need to lose 10 more).  I'm going to be 69 (horrors) in June and I want to remain active and age well.  If any of this prevents a recurrence of either of my cancers or prevents me from growing a new one, well, that's just great.   I know for sure I will be in as good a shape as possible should I need to face any illness again and I'd like to prevent what I can as long as I can, like diabetes and heart disease.   I've already outlived both of my parents and have a strong family history of both diabetes and heart issues (no cancer, tho).    I simply feel better and can do a lot of things I had accepted as just part of ageing.  For example, I could not get up off the floor without crawling over to something to leverage myself.  No more.  Up and down.    Everything they say about diet and exercise is true and I feel better than I did 5 1/2 years ago.  And I will continue to hang out here, too.  There is often someone with a diagnosis like mine and it's just good to chime in now and then and say - I'm fine.  And I am!

Suzanne

Suzanne

It wouldn't be the same without your beautiful face; so I for one, am glad you have no exit plans!

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• EZLiving66

I still hang around

Suzanne

I love hearing the "good

I love hearing the "good news" posts, Suzanne!  When you read the statistics, things don't look real optimistic but then ladies come here and say they're still kickin' five or ten years after their diagnosis.  And, some like you, say they're better than they were over five years ago.  Love it!!!

Love, 

Eldri

• Virgil90012
    Virgil90012 Member Posts: 35 Member
    Good News and City of Hope link

Congratulations on getting the best kind of news when it comes to having endometrial cancer.  My gyne-oncologist is with the City of Hope which is a large comprehensive cancer center in the Southern California area.  This last week, I received news from the City of Hope about their research on the types of food to eat to prevent cancer.  The title of the online article is "The magic of mushrooms and 14 other foods that may cut cancer risk". Their research shows that eating 2 cups of fresh mushrooms a day can decrease the risk of breast cancer by 2/3.  It seems that mushrooms keeps estrogen levels from getting too high.  Although, my cancer is endometrial and not breast, when I was first diagnosed, my oncologist felt that it was connected to my estrogen levels.  As a result, since reading the article and not wanting a recurrence, I have started to eat more mushrooms with my meals.  I figure it wouldn't hurt.  If you want to read the article, here is the link:

http://www.cityofhope.org/magic-of-mushrooms-and-14-other-foods-that-may-cut-cancer-risk?utm_source=Convio&utm_medium=email&utm_content=20160405&utm_campaign=eHope

• EZLiving66

Good News and City of Hope link

Congratulations on getting the best kind of news when it comes to having endometrial cancer.  My gyne-oncologist is with the City of Hope which is a large comprehensive cancer center in the Southern California area.  This last week, I received news from the City of Hope about their research on the types of food to eat to prevent cancer.  The title of the online article is "The magic of mushrooms and 14 other foods that may cut cancer risk". Their research shows that eating 2 cups of fresh mushrooms a day can decrease the risk of breast cancer by 2/3.  It seems that mushrooms keeps estrogen levels from getting too high.  Although, my cancer is endometrial and not breast, when I was first diagnosed, my oncologist felt that it was connected to my estrogen levels.  As a result, since reading the article and not wanting a recurrence, I have started to eat more mushrooms with my meals.  I figure it wouldn't hurt.  If you want to read the article, here is the link:

http://www.cityofhope.org/magic-of-mushrooms-and-14-other-foods-that-may-cut-cancer-risk?utm_source=Convio&utm_medium=email&utm_content=20160405&utm_campaign=eHope

Thanks for the link - very

Thanks for the link - very interesting article.  I've read other articles about mushrooms preventing cancer or recurrence.  I love them and eat them all the time but I think I'll add even more - can't hurt!

Love,

Eldri