Good news at my brain test!

EZLiving66
EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member

I went in for my brain/eye test this morning and they said I have damage on the left side of my brain; none on the right and with therapy, it can probably be overcome.  They put these goggles on me that record my eye movement while I have to do all kinds of things while moving my head around as the therapist directed.  They first checked for BPPV which I had about five years ago.  It's when crystals are loose in your ear and makes you really dizzy.  I don't have that it back.  So, I have some exercises to do with my eyes and I'm supposed to color in my coloring book with my left hand and I see her again next week.

But, while the therapist was trying to get the goggles off of me, my wig got caught in the strap and it came off.  I just kind of put it back on not looking in a mirror.  I left therapy, hopped in the car and never checked it.  When I got back to work my husband was out in the shop and our son was working in the back office.  I was hungry and there was some "puppy chow" (chex cereal covered with peanut butter/chocolate and then sprinkled with powdered sugar) by the coffee pot so I started snacking on it.  About five minutes later the UPS guy brought in an order and I was chatting away with him while I signed for it.  Our son came out of the back office and started laughing.  He said "What happened to you?"  I said what do you mean?  He said I think your hair is on crooked and there's stuff all over your face.  I went in the bathroom and OMG, I just about died!!  My hair was VERY crooked and my face had powdered sugar all over it.  That delivery guy must have thought I was some kind of NUT!!!  Tongue Out I just laughed and laughed!  

This had been such a sad weekend.  My friend from high school died on Friday from Stage IV liver cancer and two of the ladies on the Facebook Uterine Cancer group died - both of them young.  It just felt so good to laugh today.

Love you all,

Eldri

Comments

• Sandy3185
    Sandy3185 Member Posts: 229 Member
    Brain Test

Best of all they found that your brain was still there! I some times wonder if mine has turned to soup! Good luck coloring with your left hand, I have trouble doing it with my right. But seriously, I'm glad that the damage isn't too bad and that you will be able to overcome.

I am so sad to hear about your friend and the ladies on the uterine board. It is so hard to accept when someone you've known since childhood is gone. And, hard to not get depressed when those who are fighting the same devil are lost.  (((Eldri)))) You continue to inspire me with your courage and sense of humor despite everything you have been through.  Love, Sandy

• Oh Eldri, thanks for the laugh

Thank you for lifting me up and giving me the best laugh I've had in weeks.  I can almost picture you, and of course the UPS man didn't want to act like you looked strange, but I bet he was trying hard to not smile or break out laughing too.  Did the therapist say what they thought had caused the problems?  Anyway, it's great news that you have people who are taking charge with your health problems and are going to put you back together again (just like Humpty Dumpty).  Enjoy your good news, and I too am very sorry for the losses in your life this week.  Hugs Nancy

• CheeseQueen57
    CheeseQueen57 Member Posts: 933 Member
    I laughed until I cried!

First, I'm so sorry about your friend and your other sisters. 

But OMG Eldri, thank you so much for telling your story. I had tears running down my face from laughing and almost wet my pants!  I read it out loud to my family and they also were hysterically laughing. 

Hang in there kiddo and keep your great sense of humor!

Cheesy!

• Editgrl
    Editgrl Member Posts: 903 Member
    Eldri

You crack me up!  You're fortunate no one caught a photo of you!  Thanks for the laugh.

I'm also in that Facebook group, and it was a very sad day.  I can't believe how young both women were.  It continues to shock me how many really young women are being diagnosed with this disease, especially those in their 20's and 30's.  It makes you wonder what the heck is going on.  Is it truly that younger women are getting cancer or is it simply being caught earlier and perhaps deaths were attributed to something else before? In any case, it is always difficult to see another sister gone.

Chris

• Lou Ann M
    Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member
    OMG

For me too, the best laugh  that I have had for awhile that doesn't involve a 2 lb puppy.  I am also that you have a brain, many times lately I have seriously wondered about mine. The chemo brain seems to be a lot worse with thisnew stuff called Topotecan.  So sorry about h Facebook freinds,  of our freinds are important to us and to los that many in one day is just heart breakiping.  Hugs to you Eldri.  Lou Ann

how do you find the Facebook board.  I have tried to look several times and can't find the Right place. ThanksLou Ann

• EZLiving66
    Editgrl said:

Eldri

You crack me up!  You're fortunate no one caught a photo of you!  Thanks for the laugh.

I'm also in that Facebook group, and it was a very sad day.  I can't believe how young both women were.  It continues to shock me how many really young women are being diagnosed with this disease, especially those in their 20's and 30's.  It makes you wonder what the heck is going on.  Is it truly that younger women are getting cancer or is it simply being caught earlier and perhaps deaths were attributed to something else before? In any case, it is always difficult to see another sister gone.

Chris

That's so true, Chris.  They

That's so true, Chris.  They are so young and the cancer spread so fast.  It's just heartbreaking but....life goes on for the rest of us.  I wish I could go to my friend's funeral tomorrow but it's at 5:30 about 100 miles from here.  That means I'd have to drive home by myself in the dark and I just don't trust my eyes at night.  I KNOW I don't belong on the road at night, at least, not for awhile.

Love,

Eldri

• EZLiving66
    Lou Ann M said:

OMG

For me too, the best laugh  that I have had for awhile that doesn't involve a 2 lb puppy.  I am also that you have a brain, many times lately I have seriously wondered about mine. The chemo brain seems to be a lot worse with thisnew stuff called Topotecan.  So sorry about h Facebook freinds,  of our freinds are important to us and to los that many in one day is just heart breakiping.  Hugs to you Eldri.  Lou Ann

how do you find the Facebook board.  I have tried to look several times and can't find the Right place. ThanksLou Ann

Lou Ann, try this

Lou Ann, try this link https://www.facebook.com/groups/380642972071774/

Let me know if that works for you.

Love,

Eldri

• EZLiving66
    unknown said:

Oh Eldri, thanks for the laugh

Thank you for lifting me up and giving me the best laugh I've had in weeks.  I can almost picture you, and of course the UPS man didn't want to act like you looked strange, but I bet he was trying hard to not smile or break out laughing too.  Did the therapist say what they thought had caused the problems?  Anyway, it's great news that you have people who are taking charge with your health problems and are going to put you back together again (just like Humpty Dumpty).  Enjoy your good news, and I too am very sorry for the losses in your life this week.  Hugs Nancy

She didn't know what caused

She didn't know what caused it, Nancy.  That's why she tested me first to see if my BPPV had come back but since it hadn't, it was either from the surgery or chemo.  I told her how high my BP was right before that last chemo so maybe some blood seeped into a little spot in my brain.  My regular physical therapist thought it might be brain driven instead of a muscle weakness because of the way I walked - my "gait."  Isn't that weird??  I'm just really happy she thinks we can retrain my brain - she said I have to make my brain uncomfortable - LOL!!  I think my poor brain is uncomfortable a LOT!!

Love,

Eldri 

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,678 Member

Lou Ann, try this

Lou Ann, try this link https://www.facebook.com/groups/380642972071774/

Let me know if that works for you.

Love,

Eldri

Lucille Ball of the uterine board

Have you thought about getting a red wig, Eldri?

Seriously, I'm glad you had  an observant PT and wish you the best with therapy.  It's about time these things stop happening to you.

• molimoli
    molimoli Member Posts: 514
    Oh Eldri,now you have replaced the image you planted in my

Brain  months ago  'the aeroplane landing on me. thats gone now ,replaced by my imaginary image of you with your crooked wig and sugar coated face.hillarious!!!.

A picture of that would paint a thousand words and  would make a great  advert. for the mental illness helpline, with the caption 'IF YOU LOOK LIKE THIS  CALL US QUICK.

Oh I so love your emerging spirit my sister. Nuff love and thanks for the laugh.

Ps . If my huge tumors were not squeezing my bladder shut ,I would have peed my pants , Yes I would have peed.LOL.

Moli.--Feeling sorry about your friends ,sending comforting hugs.

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    molimoli said:

Oh Eldri,now you have replaced the image you planted in my

Brain  months ago  'the aeroplane landing on me. thats gone now ,replaced by my imaginary image of you with your crooked wig and sugar coated face.hillarious!!!.

A picture of that would paint a thousand words and  would make a great  advert. for the mental illness helpline, with the caption 'IF YOU LOOK LIKE THIS  CALL US QUICK.

Oh I so love your emerging spirit my sister. Nuff love and thanks for the laugh.

Ps . If my huge tumors were not squeezing my bladder shut ,I would have peed my pants , Yes I would have peed.LOL.

Moli.--Feeling sorry about your friends ,sending comforting hugs.

Eldri - great news about your

Eldri - great news about your brain! So sorry for your losses though...

Like the others have said, you are so funny. I love the suggestion of L.B. for our uterine board. Can't think of a more fitting description. Now go get the red wig and post us a picture! lol

It sounds like you are feeling better too. I'm hoping you have much better days ahead.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi