Scanextity

Options
osmotar
osmotar Member Posts: 1,006

Hi all 

Here I sit on Sunday evening trying to occupy myself and not think about my next 6 month CT  scan tomorrow morning , while I'm 4yrs 4 months out of treatment , I don't think the feeling of this  beast coming into my life ever goes away , especially when I read of the brave warriors we've lost , the reoccurrences some have dealt with, and of course the celebrations of reading NED from other survivors. So until I hear the words from my oncologist on Wednesday , I hate the waiting and pray for the best...Its all part of the one day at a time we all experience.

Blessings to each and everyone of you.

Linda

not sure why my pic is sideways ...I crossed something off my bucket list yesterday by doing a 5K Dirty Girl Mud run .... 

Comments

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    The waiting game

Will be keeping you in prayer but for now just know that you are in the hands of a loving savior so no matter what the outcome you will be safe.    

Tim

• osmotar
    Options
    Hondo said:

The waiting game

Will be keeping you in prayer but for now just know that you are in the hands of a loving savior so no matter what the outcome you will be safe.    

Tim

Thanks

thanks Tim 

• swopoe
    swopoe Member Posts: 492
    Options
    Best of luck tomorrow!

Best of luck tomorrow! Wishing you all the best. Congrats on the 5k! You are a rockstar! 

• osmotar
    Options
    swopoe said:

Best of luck tomorrow!

Best of luck tomorrow! Wishing you all the best. Congrats on the 5k! You are a rockstar! 

Rock Star

thanks .... A rock star tired and sore today but it never hurts when your having fun , a lot of laughs with great friends 

• NJShore
    NJShore Member Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Blessings to you too.

Linda,

Big warm thoughts and prayers for a very uneventful scan and reading. Waiting can be stressful. We are waiting for the doctor to call on.. maybe today, maybe Wednesday as well.. so you are at least in good company. I hope to see you dancing by Wed evening :)

Kari

• hawk711
    hawk711 Member Posts: 566
    Options
    NED again

Hi Linda

I think you'll be NED again this week!  Scanxiety is real, but so are the results.  You and I have been on here a long time, (6 years) for me.  You are only a few months away from that mystical 5 year mark when they start using the work "cured".    Take care and keep positive.  It will all be good.

All the best,

Steve

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    Options
    4+ years

Linda,

It is about 1 o’clock in the afternoon in Oregon. I suppose the scan is complete and with it the “scanxiety” has been replaced with “on Wednesday I will have relief”. 

Keep laughing and moving forward,

Matt

• MrsBD
    MrsBD Member Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Scanxiety

Waiting is so nerve-wracking!  I asked a friend of mine who is a 25 year survivor if ever a day goes by that she doesn't think of cancer. She said it is always in the back of her mind, but she doesn't dwell on it because God is in charge. I'll be praying for a sense of peace for you tonight.

• Barbaraek
    Barbaraek Member Posts: 626
    Options
    Prayers for a good result Linda

our scan is this Friday, so we empathize! Breathe, center yourself, and repeat!

Barbara

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Options
    It will be a good one.......

You have done so well over all this time, don't worry.

I have been NED 2 1/2 years and never had a CT or PET since my surgery. I did have to be scopped every two months the fires year then every four. Now it is every 6 months and next year only once.

Bill

• osmotar
    Options
    Today

I saw my onco this morning , and for the first time in 4 yrs 4 months she said cancer free instead of NED , I did a happy dance & hugged her. While I still have to go again in another 6 months , my five year mark is Dec 2016 , actually New Year's Eve , whew , I got to my car & cried , note use  for my self but for everyone who was involved with me on this journey ,for the faces and spirits of the brave who are no longer with us...but at the end of the day even with this great news I know that I'll have to remain vigilant in my health care and never take anything for granted again.

linda 

• swopoe
    swopoe Member Posts: 492
    Options
    osmotar said:

Today

I saw my onco this morning , and for the first time in 4 yrs 4 months she said cancer free instead of NED , I did a happy dance & hugged her. While I still have to go again in another 6 months , my five year mark is Dec 2016 , actually New Year's Eve , whew , I got to my car & cried , note use  for my self but for everyone who was involved with me on this journey ,for the faces and spirits of the brave who are no longer with us...but at the end of the day even with this great news I know that I'll have to remain vigilant in my health care and never take anything for granted again.

linda 

Congrats, Linda!! I am just

Congrats, Linda!! I am just thrilled for you!

• fishmanpa
    fishmanpa Member Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling!

Congrats on the good news. I know all about that "scanxiety". I'm coming up on 3 years out and so far, I'm cancer free. I do fine most of the time but come "scope,poke and prod" time, I tend to get a bit stressed even though I may not feel that way. My "scanxiety" manifests itself in irritability mostly. I have a chill pill I can take and have done so a few weeks prior to the appointments to help take the edge off. 

My last check I was given the all clear and told for all intents and purposes the cancer wasn't coming back... at least not the original cancer. I see my rad onc in August and don't have to see the rest of my tem until Feb of 2017. I still have things that can take me out but it's still comforting to know they got "Jack" the first time :)

Again, congrats! Here's to meeting Mr. NED again!

Positive thoughts and prayers

"T"

• MrsBD
    MrsBD Member Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    osmotar said:

Today

linda 

Yes!

Your post made me teary! I'm so happy to hear your good news.Now go live your life!

• tommyodavey
    tommyodavey Member Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    osmotar said:

Today

linda 

Happy Dance

Linda,

Your post made me smile a big one today.  My doctor never heard of the term NED so I get the wording you get.  Or he just says that they found nothing.  It would be much better to hear them say you're cancer free!  So I'm glad they told you that and it caused a happy dance with tears of joy.  I too get teared up thinking just how grateful I am to still be topside when mother nature threw her best shot of wiping me out.  Enjoy the days we left on planet earth.  Each one is so much more special for us survivors.

Tom

• Barbaraek
    Barbaraek Member Posts: 626
    Options
    osmotar said:

Today

linda 

Linda, what a blessing!

A victory for any one of us is like a victory for all. I am so happy for you. Be well, be joyous and live each day the best you know how.

Barbara