Oral Surgery is over

Options
2»

Comments

• SusanUES
    SusanUES Member Posts: 125
    Options
    You are one tough mudder!

Boy, this really is an odyssey for you, keep hanging in there!  Sounds like you've got the best man for the job, top of the line.  Prayers that all continues to go well for you.

• SASH
    SASH Member Posts: 421 Member
    edited June 2016 #23
    Options
    Another Delay

Well an appointment with second maxillary surgeon who is to make the teeth said there is still exposed bone.  She will be able to make the permanent denture, but now the hard part is getting the insurance company to pay for it.  There are parts they can get done through medical insurance, but other parts, that they have a hard time getting approvals on.  We will need letters from doctors stating that this is medically necessary and fight until they concede that this really is medically necessary. 

Another appointment next week to see how we procede .

• hawk711
    hawk711 Member Posts: 566
    Options
    Glad to see teeth in your future

Sash

I have followed you since 2010 and appreciate your frankness always.  I sent you a PM about this process.  Hope you have time to respond with all that is going on in your life. 

So glad it is all moving in the right direction.

All the best,  Steve

• SASH
    edited June 2016 #25
    Options
    hawk711 said:

Glad to see teeth in your future

Sash

I have followed you since 2010 and appreciate your frankness always.  I sent you a PM about this process.  Hope you have time to respond with all that is going on in your life. 

So glad it is all moving in the right direction.

All the best,  Steve

Message Received

Not only did I receive your PM but I responded to it.

• SASH
    Options
    I'm getting my teeth

Impressions taken yesterday.  There is still some exposed bone, but the Maxillary surgeon said that might from now on and is caused by the radiation. 

But he gave his blessing to the other doctor to go ahead and start the impressions.  I go back in 3 weeks for the first fitting which will be just the plate and depending on the fit, they will start putting teeth into it soon after.

I will be able to eat again.

• SusanUES
    SusanUES Member Posts: 125
    edited June 2016 #27
    Options
    Wooohooo...

That is wonderful news, really great...best of luck!!

• MrsBD
    MrsBD Member Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    SASH said:

I'm getting my teeth

Impressions taken yesterday.  There is still some exposed bone, but the Maxillary surgeon said that might from now on and is caused by the radiation. 

But he gave his blessing to the other doctor to go ahead and start the impressions.  I go back in 3 weeks for the first fitting which will be just the plate and depending on the fit, they will start putting teeth into it soon after.

I will be able to eat again.

So happy for you!

So happy for you! It has been such a long road. We'll be looking forward to seeing your new smile.