Opdivo test back

mrou50
mrou50 Member Posts: 389 Member

I got my first test results back from Opdivo use, it was not good news.  All of my tumors grew and more formed my ONC suggested that we give it another cycle and see what happens, this based on information given to him by Bristo Squibb Myers, but we are all skeptical it will work.  I am part of a phase IV study so that is why we were asked by BSM to give it one more cycle.  If it does not work we will move on to another treatment.  My ONC is leaning towards IL 2, not sure how I feel about that but we as cancer patients do what we have to do to by time until someone stumbles on a cure.  Wishing everyone Health and Happiness.

Mark

Comments

• Footstomper
    Footstomper Member Posts: 1,237 Member
    Sorry Mate

I'm on that stuff myself, hoping for good results. I hope you get a turn around in your results soon. Good luck for the future.

• foroughsh
    foroughsh Member Posts: 779 Member
    Oh Mark, I'm sorry for the

Oh Mark, I'm sorry for the result. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Waiting for you to share good news

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    foroughsh said:

Oh Mark, I'm sorry for the

Oh Mark, I'm sorry for the result. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Waiting for you to share good news

I'm so sorry, Mark. I'm

I'm so sorry, Mark. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the next cycle will do the job. Perhaps you just need to be on it longer. 

• Jojo61
    Jojo61 Member Posts: 1,309 Member
    Oh Mark, I am so sorry to

Oh Mark, I am so sorry to hear that. Hoping the second dose does the trick....if not, on to IL 2.

Thinking about you.

Hugs

Jojo

• nancybuck
    nancybuck Member Posts: 117
    Praying

Praying for you and that your second dose does the trick!

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    that stinks.

Mark, I've taken that trip so keep your chin up. When I was bumped from the trial due to growth, we went straight to Il-2. Probably within a couple weeks of my last trial infusion. I suggest tryng the Il-2 while you are still strong. In the future, should you want to get it, you may not be healthy enough to tolerate it. You have to be pretty tough to get through the treatments as per protocol. Save the other immunotherapies and TKI's for after the Il-2 if necessary.

• Footstomper
    Footstomper Member Posts: 1,237 Member
    foxhd said:

that stinks.

Mark, I've taken that trip so keep your chin up. When I was bumped from the trial due to growth, we went straight to Il-2. Probably within a couple weeks of my last trial infusion. I suggest tryng the Il-2 while you are still strong. In the future, should you want to get it, you may not be healthy enough to tolerate it. You have to be pretty tough to get through the treatments as per protocol. Save the other immunotherapies and TKI's for after the Il-2 if necessary.

IL2

Its not exactly a walk in the park. I also had it 3 years ago. It can be unpleasant, but if I were offered it again, I would take it in the blinking of an eye. It gave my tumours a real good kicking.

I think anyone who has done IL2 feeels the same.

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,060 Member

IL2

Its not exactly a walk in the park. I also had it 3 years ago. It can be unpleasant, but if I were offered it again, I would take it in the blinking of an eye. It gave my tumours a real good kicking.

I think anyone who has done IL2 feeels the same.

Very sorry to hear... Let's

Very sorry to hear... Let's hope that smth changes in the next cycle. Will keep fingers crossed!

• hardo718
    hardo718 Member Posts: 853 Member
    Allochka said:

Very sorry to hear... Let's

Very sorry to hear... Let's hope that smth changes in the next cycle. Will keep fingers crossed!

So very sorry Mark

I will be praying for you and hoping that round 2 provides better news VERY soon.

Keep fighting!

Donna~

• eltad987
    eltad987 Member Posts: 10
    Sorry to hear, Mark. Sending

Sorry to hear, Mark. Sending good wishes to you as you continue the fight.

My Mom is also taking Opdivo (lung mets). After 5 doses, her scans also showed growth. Her oncologist wants to give it a bit more time to work. She is taking 3 more doses before repeating the scans next month. 

• sierra28
    sierra28 Member Posts: 70
    Best of luck

you are in my prayers.  Hopefully this next round will start to show some good results.

Sierra

• Eliezer2
    Eliezer2 Member Posts: 85
    ask about taking opdivo WITH YERVOY

WORKED WELL FOR ME

• sierra28
    sierra28 Member Posts: 70
    Opdivo

Sorry to hear that the Opdivo is not working but maybe the next round will show some encouraging resuts.  I will keep you in my prayers.

• Jan4you
    Jan4you Member Posts: 1,330 Member
    sierra28 said:

Opdivo

Sorry to hear that the Opdivo is not working but maybe the next round will show some encouraging resuts.  I will keep you in my prayers.

Aww HUGS, Mark, we're here

Aww HUGS, Mark, we're here for you! Still.. a bummer.

Glad fox and footstomper are here to inform you of their experiences..

We still will walk this journey along side you, Mark.

Hugs Jan

• mrou50
    mrou50 Member Posts: 389 Member
    Thanks to everyone

Sorry it took so long to get back on here, Patrice and I are preparing to move back to the Portland area after the school year ends my doctor says it is time to be closer to him and to better hospitals than we have in rural Eastern Oregon.  Thank you all for the kind wishes in May we will take another look and see if Opdivo is working if it is not there is always IL2 this summer, yayyyy (I think?)

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    mrou50 said:

Thanks to everyone

Sorry it took so long to get back on here, Patrice and I are preparing to move back to the Portland area after the school year ends my doctor says it is time to be closer to him and to better hospitals than we have in rural Eastern Oregon.  Thank you all for the kind wishes in May we will take another look and see if Opdivo is working if it is not there is always IL2 this summer, yayyyy (I think?)

Did you discuss possibly

Did you discuss possibly taking it along with Yervoy since it seemed to have worked well for Eliezer? But if it has to be IL2 then from what everyone says it's best to be near hospitals with experience with administering it. Best of everything to you and hopefully another round of Opdivo will do it.