90 years old w/ Multi Myeloma

My mom found out she has Multi Myeloma at 90..in Feb 2016.. She has opted out of treatment.. She is very tired.. No other symptoms As of now...Blood work first taken was 3.5.. Two weeks later 3.8... She is under Hospice now.. Doctor gave her up to two months to live..She was very sick with bladder infection now that that is cleared up she is doing a lot better.. Except for being tired.. They are going to do another blood test to see if the numbers have changed any..

From what I am reading, my mom really has no other symptoms with Multi Myeloma.i don't know if this is the calm before the storm and she will start getting other symptoms.. Her bone X-rays didn't show any lesions..

The doctor said the blood tests taken for the 2 week period is huge and not a good sign and that the cancer is moving faster and that's not a good sign... 

My brother and sister and I really don't know to much about this cancer..

Comments

• North Carolina Girl
    North Carolina Girl Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2016 #2
    mom

My mom lived 2 1/2 months after being told she had multiple Mylemoa..she died May 17 2016...She is at peace and not hurting anymore..

• hopeful lady
    hopeful lady Member Posts: 36
    So sorry for your Loss!

Hello,

I just read your previous post today.  I am so sorry for your loss!  I am glad she is at peace.  My heart goes out to you and your family.

God bless you!

Dianne

• CherieLW
    CherieLW Member Posts: 472
    So sorry to hear this: ( my

So sorry to hear this: ( my heart aches for you.