Tomorrow is surgery day! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Options
124»

Comments

• CheeseQueen57
    CheeseQueen57 Member Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Good News/Bad News-It's been a hell of a day!

Well comrades, the moment of truth has finally arrived.  Let's start with the good news.  I've healed so great from my surgery that my docs say that I can go on that Italy trip after all.  Too bad they cancelled our tickets 1/2 hour before hearing this news.  Not to worry, I just rebooked the flight using Diner's Club points and will pay for the hotel.  Hubby not happy about extra costs, but I really feel that he is still in denial regarding the seriousness of all this and will come around.  He's had a rough day, too. So I will be in Italy from April 12 to 19. 

So here's the poop...

• Stage IIIC, Stage 3 endometrioid adenocarcinoma
    • Metastatic carcinoma in right peri-aoritic lymph node (1/1), left peri-aortic lymph nodes (3/3), Right pelvic lymph nodes (3/3), Right pelvic lymph nodes (1/1), Righ parametrium-high grade endometrioid adenocarcinoma
    • Carcinoma extensviely involves 98% of myometrium, cervical stroma, right and left parametrium, right and left fallopian tubes, and right ovary.  Also present at parmetrial resection margin. 
    • Sounds like only my left ovary dodged the carcinoma bullet!
    • Primary cervical and breat cancers were ruled out.  Findings coniststent with endometiral primary. 

Looks like I hit the jackpot gals! 

I requested that my slides be sent to Johns Hopkins for review, however, most likely would not change treatment plan.

Plan is to get port on April 25 with first chemo on April 27.  It will be weekly Taxol for 18 weeks.  I think she said then add on Carboplatin every 3 weeks.  Does that sound right? 

Let the fun begin. Thanks again for all your support.  Unbelievable I could harbor all this junk without any symptoms until bleeding in January.  I look forward to your continued guidance and prayers. 

BTW, I'm now changing my picture to show my lovely grey locks which I just grew out from color and have had the best hairstyle of my life.  I"m so sorry to be saying goodbye to my hair in a few weeks but I guess that's the way it goes. 

• Good News/Bad News-It's been a hell of a day!

Well comrades, the moment of truth has finally arrived.  Let's start with the good news.  I've healed so great from my surgery that my docs say that I can go on that Italy trip after all.  Too bad they cancelled our tickets 1/2 hour before hearing this news.  Not to worry, I just rebooked the flight using Diner's Club points and will pay for the hotel.  Hubby not happy about extra costs, but I really feel that he is still in denial regarding the seriousness of all this and will come around.  He's had a rough day, too. So I will be in Italy from April 12 to 19. 

So here's the poop...

• Metastatic carcinoma in right peri-aoritic lymph node (1/1), left peri-aortic lymph nodes (3/3), Right pelvic lymph nodes (3/3), Right pelvic lymph nodes (1/1), Righ parametrium-high grade endometrioid adenocarcinoma
    • Carcinoma extensviely involves 98% of myometrium, cervical stroma, right and left parametrium, right and left fallopian tubes, and right ovary.  Also present at parmetrial resection margin. 
    • Primary cervical and breat cancers were ruled out.  Findings coniststent with endometiral primary. 

I requested that my slides be sent to Johns Hopkins for review, however, most likely would not change treatment plan.

Plan is to get port on April 25 with first chemo on April 27.  It will be weekly Taxol for 18 weeks.  I think she said then add on Carboplatin every 3 weeks.  Does that sound right? 

Let the fun begin. Thanks again for all your support.  Unbelievable I could harbor all this junk without any symptoms until bleeding in January.  I look forward to your continued guidance and prayers. 

BTW, I'm now changing my picture to show my lovely grey locks which I just grew out from color and have had the best hairstyle of my life.  I"m so sorry to be saying goodbye to my hair in a few weeks but I guess that's the way it goes. 

Hi

Well, it might be better news than you think.  Although you seem to have it in some lymphg nodes involved to mean it spread, it is still endometroid, not serous or clear cell (although what is high grade endometroid?).  Also, it sounds like your chemo will be weekly taxol, many of us have every three weeks at maximum dose, I would imaging your's will be split in lower doses.  Someone on this board not long ago, said it was better to have weekly so that's a good thing for you.  And enjoy your trip to Italy, it sounds like it will be just what you need to have some fun.  Love your gray locks, I too liked my hair style before getting chemo.  Corvette Red's wife is using a chill cap, and he mentioned she hadn't lost a lot of hair during her chemo.  You might ask him what his wife is using.  Hugs Nancy

• Lou Ann M
    Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member
    Options

So here's the poop...

Happy/sad

i am so glad you are rearranging your trip to Italy. You Will be glad you did it.  That strength you have for quick healing will very helpful in the future.  Chemo brain has set in for me and I am having a very hard time trying to say what I want. I am so sorry that your report was this way. But you have a good attitude and that will help you through this.  Hugs and prayers, Lou Ann

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options

So here's the poop...

I love your picture, CQ, but

I love your picture, CQ, but the diagnosis is the pits!!  But, what can you do?  It is what it is and at least you're going to get to go on your wonderful trip to Italy!!!  

I would also ask Red Corvette how his wife is doing using the cold cap.  Maybe you can save it?  I put my hair in braids, made an appointment and had my hairdresser lop them off.  I even saved them in case I might want to super glue them back on.....nobody can ever say I don't think ahead Tongue Out

Love,

Eldri

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    Options
    Lou Ann M said:

Happy/sad

i am so glad you are rearranging your trip to Italy. You Will be glad you did it.  That strength you have for quick healing will very helpful in the future.  Chemo brain has set in for me and I am having a very hard time trying to say what I want. I am so sorry that your report was this way. But you have a good attitude and that will help you through this.  Hugs and prayers, Lou Ann

CQ, sorry about the DX. You

CQ, sorry about the DX. You can do this! Your attitude will get you through the treatments. Yours is a bit different than what many of us had as far as how it is being administered. I read somewhere recently that they are finding weekly Taxol to be more beneficial because it doesn't give the cancer time to recover and grow between the 3 week cycles. It might have been on this board???? Carbo/Taxol is what seems to be the most common course of treatment for us. Did they say if you would be getting radiation?

Also, so glad you are going on your trip. Lou Ann is right, it will make you feel so much better during the next 4 or so months.

Take care of yourself and enjoy your trip! (I know it is a couple of weeks away!)

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• CheeseQueen57
    Options

Hang in there Cheese. Look

Hang in there Cheese. Look how far you have come and how well you are doing in just the past 10 days. No matter what they tell you on Wednesday you can handle it and you're going to be fine. Your friends are here and we've got your back.

Red Corvette

Chill Cap

So hey, vette, I hear you are the expert on the Chill Cap.  What gives?

• CheeseQueen57
    Options
    Thanks

Thanks for all responses and advice.  Really helps!

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options

Thanks

Thanks for all responses and advice.  Really helps!

Thinking of you

So sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but happy to hear that you can still go on your Italy trip.    I was diagnosed with Stage 3a endometrial adenocarcinoma back in 2005 and it was found in my uterus, cervix and left ovary.  Then later I had a lymph node with it.   You will be glad to have the port instead of them trying to find a vein each time.   Treatment is so different now.   I had carbo/gemzar every two weeks for six months.    Initially I was to have Taxol, but I couldn't take it.   For your information, I did not lose my hair with the gemzar.   

I'm glad to see that you are seeking another opinion with regard to the results.  You are right, though, that the treatment will probably be the same.

My best to you,

Kathy

• Red Corvette
    Red Corvette Member Posts: 114 Member
    Options

Chill Cap

So hey, vette, I hear you are the expert on the Chill Cap.  What gives?

Cold Caps

Hi Cheese A Reno,

Sorry to hear about your dx but know that many strong beautiful ladies like you have had stage 3 and 4 disease and are living productive lives years and years later. You're going to get through this so go have a wonderful time in Italy, you deserve it.

Because the taxol/carbo treatment can cause hand and feet neuropathy and hair loss, we investigated and are using penguin cold caps and icing hands and feet during chemo treatments. We're half way through chemo and so far my wife has no neuropathy and still has her hair. She has had some sheding and has lost about a third of her hair but she's far from being bald and emotionally she is doing great.

Here's a good link which explains the cold cap process. You can google "icing during chemotherapy" and you'll get more info on hand/feet icing techniques.

Let me know if you have questions or need more info.

Chow!

Red Corvette

The Rapunzel Project™ > Cold Caps

www.rapunzelproject.org › coldcaps
  • Editgrl
    Editgrl Member Posts: 903 Member
    Options

So here's the poop...

Expletive deleted!

Yeah, that's how I feel about your diagnosis.  But, hell yeah on heading to Italy.  

I was also IIIC2 though with either UPSC or carcinosarcoma, depending on which pathologist you believe.  And like you, I had no symptoms until I spotted.

The port will make it so much easier for chemo.  The nurses were always happy when I came in because it made their job so much easier, and especially with the taxol, it will save your veins.

But until all that begins, hey, drink the wine, eat the food, see the art and enjoy the heck out of your vacation.  

Chris