Newly diagnosed second time

ppurdin
ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181

just wondered if you have any advice on the anxiousness feeling.I am still waiting to get another scan and Probly more surgery.Then treatment.As you know the waiting between all this is soooo hard.Its like If I set still I get anxious and over wellmed.So I try to stay busy.But then get tired.uh I am a mess.Talking about it is the same way.Any advice would be appriatted.Thank you.I Pray often.

Comments

• Clementine_P
    Clementine_P Member Posts: 518 Member
    I'm really sorry

you are dealing with this.  I think I understand somewhat of what you are feeling despite the fact that I have not been diagnosed a second time.  I recall our wonderful Cypress Cynthia saying that she went to the doctor and got herself on antidepressants when she got her stage 4 diagnosis.  She mentioned that it helped her a lot with the anxiousness and sleeplessness that goes along with all of this.  She said they helped her feel stronger mentally and physically in order to deal with the treatments that she went through.  Anyway, this is just a thought.  I hope you have as relaxing a weekend as possible.

Clementine

• TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member

I'm really sorry

you are dealing with this.  I think I understand somewhat of what you are feeling despite the fact that I have not been diagnosed a second time.  I recall our wonderful Cypress Cynthia saying that she went to the doctor and got herself on antidepressants when she got her stage 4 diagnosis.  She mentioned that it helped her a lot with the anxiousness and sleeplessness that goes along with all of this.  She said they helped her feel stronger mentally and physically in order to deal with the treatments that she went through.  Anyway, this is just a thought.  I hope you have as relaxing a weekend as possible.

Clementine

Agree with Clementine

Pat,

I was just about to reply just as Clementine has -- with the difficult road you have ahead of you, and the decisions you're facing, ANYONE would be anxious, frightened, overwhelmed, and exhausted.  There's no shame in taking something for your anxiety, perhaps something like a low dose of Xanax, just to get you through the next few weeks.  And/or maybe something to help you sleep, so that you can be as ready as possible to fight this.  If you haven't already, please ask your doctors about this possibility.

Traci

• jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    TraciInLA said:

Agree with Clementine

Pat,

I was just about to reply just as Clementine has -- with the difficult road you have ahead of you, and the decisions you're facing, ANYONE would be anxious, frightened, overwhelmed, and exhausted.  There's no shame in taking something for your anxiety, perhaps something like a low dose of Xanax, just to get you through the next few weeks.  And/or maybe something to help you sleep, so that you can be as ready as possible to fight this.  If you haven't already, please ask your doctors about this possibility.

Traci

Dear Pat,

Oh my goodness!!!  If you weren't anxious, overwhelmed and afraid there would be something more than this horrid beast wrong with you!!!!!!  I was so very sorry to hear about the diagnosis - but you have been down this road once and can do it again!!!!  Please know you are in my prayers daily and all of the Pink Sisters here love and care for you! 

Sending gentle hugs to hold you and praying you find peace during this transistion time.

much love,

Jenny

• button2
    button2 Member Posts: 421
    I agree with all the ladies

I think you are a very strong lady, you are facing your fears head on. I also notice how you continue to take the time to comfort others on this board. You are awesome. I hope you find time this spring to enjoy the things you love to do, in between your time at doctors/hospitals. Life is short for everyone, but we must use the time God gave us wisely. Keep strong!  Hugs, Anna

• camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Pat the waiting is never going to change,,,

That you 's always horrible especially when it is life changing information and results we are waiting for.

I was very happy though to hear that it is a new cancer, rather than a metastatic tumor.  There is always the option this way of going into a total remission..Yahoo!!!  which is what I was so hoping for you!  I would have loved for mine to not put me in stage iv.  I was disappointed that you have any kind of new cancer, yet thrilled that it is new and not mets.  

Hugs and Prayers continue for you.  You sound pretty good for all the waiting, I am the worst when it comes to the art of patience...I just have never been able to develop that trait!

Carol

• GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Ativan!!!

I was diagnosed a second time Pat~ Ativan is an anti anxiety med that really helped me get through the anxiousness of waiting for procedures, and being able to rest at night and shut my mind off!

Really helped me~

~M

• sonicboom
    sonicboom Member Posts: 8
    I had it twice too

I was in shock too. That's for sure. I picked a theme song the last two times I had cancer. A song came on the radio that spoke to me and made me cry and that was my song. I would listen to it over and over again. Since you mentioned prayer, I thought I could share with you that my song the last time I had breast cancer was "Need you now (how many times)" by Plumb. That was in 2013. I was walking at the park to deal with my bad news and that song came on the radio.

Now when I am anxious as of late, which is quite often because I am anxious by nature, I read books about dogs and cats. The latest I have been reading are by Callie Smith Grant or Callie Grant Smith - not sure which. The stories of unconditional love of dogs and cats calm my anxious soul.

• bad121749
    bad121749 Member Posts: 31

Ativan!!!

I was diagnosed a second time Pat~ Ativan is an anti anxiety med that really helped me get through the anxiousness of waiting for procedures, and being able to rest at night and shut my mind off!

Really helped me~

~M

Take what you need

I still take a low dose Ativan at night to sleep, 0,5 mg just shuts my mind off for a while.  Hugs..

• Tyebo007
    Tyebo007 Member Posts: 3
    X2

hopefully, by this writing your anxiety has passed and you are well into your treatment.   i read your post and it let me know what I am feeling is normal...  After 8 years after by original treatment Iwas told, last week, my breast cancer had metsatized to the bone.   Have not slept one night since.  Full or anxiety, worry, fear...  After reading the posts above - I guess I am just where I need to be...  It will pass with time...   Thanks for sharing, realizing what I am feeling is normal puts it all in perspective!