Scans in 1 week

jason.2835
jason.2835 Member Posts: 337 Member

Hey, all,

Been a while since I've posted, but I have been reading and keeping up with the times.  Just been very busy with Jake, who just turned 4 months old on the 2nd (pic below).  He's been doing great with his clubfoot treatments; he breezed through the casting and tenotomy surgery and is now wearing a boot/bar brace 23 hours a day for 3 months.  Hopefully in late April we can switch to wearing them 12 hours a day.  His feet looked great at his last appointment.  He's a tough little bugger; I'm not worried about him!

Obviously, the overwhelming desire to be around for him has invaded my thoughts and at no time is that more strong than around scan time.  My US, XRay and blood test is next Wednesday.  I originally had a nice schedule where my visit with the surgeon was only a week later.  But they called and said they had to reschedule for the following Monday; 12 days.  So I have another long wait between scan and visit.  

I'd like to say that I'm more at peace this time than I was last time.  I was pretty hopeless for a few days last time but I feel more at peace this time... But I know the day of the scans will bring some apprehension.  Comes with the territory.  Last time, the worst was my reading into everything the ultrasound tech was doing.  I'm promising myself not to do that this time (Yeah, right).

Anyway, you know I'll keep you guys posted.  Thanks for listening!

- Jay  

Comments

• Footstomper
    Footstomper Member Posts: 1,237 Member
    Jake

Not only tough but cute as well!

• hardo718
    hardo718 Member Posts: 853 Member

Jake

Not only tough but cute as well!

Oh My GOSH!!

SO cute!!  What a blessing. 

Donna~

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    hardo718 said:

Oh My GOSH!!

SO cute!!  What a blessing. 

Donna~

Just adorable and so glad

Just adorable and so glad he's doing well :) Wishing you wonderful scan results!

• donna_lee
    donna_lee Member Posts: 1,041 Member
    APny said:

Just adorable and so glad

Just adorable and so glad he's doing well :) Wishing you wonderful scan results!

Good luck on both events

Sounds like you have the cancer issue in hand and are doing OK.

Jake will come through like a champ.  My neice was born 49 years ago with 3-phase (toes, tarsals and ankles) and went through the cast changes every 10 days, the shoe/brace bar, and then her "boots" (the high top leather stiff soled babies that both my kids had to wear, also)  Karen took dancing for years, was on cheer and rally, and became an RN

Hang in there for everyone, and take care of that cutie pie.

donna_lee

• daisybud
    daisybud Member Posts: 541 Member
    donna_lee said:

Good luck on both events

Sounds like you have the cancer issue in hand and are doing OK.

Jake will come through like a champ.  My neice was born 49 years ago with 3-phase (toes, tarsals and ankles) and went through the cast changes every 10 days, the shoe/brace bar, and then her "boots" (the high top leather stiff soled babies that both my kids had to wear, also)  Karen took dancing for years, was on cheer and rally, and became an RN

Hang in there for everyone, and take care of that cutie pie.

donna_lee

He's a cutie pie!

Adorable little guy you have!!!

I  Haven't had my first scan yet after surgery but I know the stress must be something most other people ( not us) can't imagine. I know I will feel the same way. Already worrying about it.

Good luck :))

Kim

• Jojo61
    Jojo61 Member Posts: 1,309 Member
    What an adorable little guy!!

What an adorable little guy!! So nice to hear that he is progressing so well with his treatments.

And good luck to you next week, daddio! I will be sending good thoughts your way. And don't even look at the technician! Close your eyes and imagine yourself in your most favorite spot!

Hugs

Jojo

• foroughsh
    foroughsh Member Posts: 779 Member
    So cute, wishing you

So cute, wishing you NED

Forough

• lcsvb
    lcsvb Member Posts: 41 Member
    Adorable!

Wishing you the best with your scans Jay! Your baby is absolutely adorable! Thanks for sharing.

• corey50
    corey50 Member Posts: 111
    Hi Jason,

We have all been there with the anxiety around scan time, and then the waiting, waiting for the results. Having to wait 12 days for the results sounds like torture. Is there any way that you could call the office and get the results over the phone before your scheduled appointment?

When I first was dx and started my scans that's what I would do, this wasn't always perfect because sometimes the dr wouldn't call back right away or they wouldn't have processed the results by the time I called, but waiting was unbearable. Now, I get the results like most do at an appointment within a week after the imaging appointment. In a way, you're still waiting but you can kind of put it out of your mind and try to stay distracted. That first day after the scans is the worst for me, but what I do now, I spend the whole day out away from the phone (waiting for it to ring with the bad news). I shop, have lunch, go for a walk, maybe even see a matinee by myself. 

I shook my head with recognition when you said about "reading into everything the ultrasound tech was doing", yeah, I've done that too, if she seemed friendly then eveything was good, if she wasn't talking much it must be bad. I'm sure we all have. But I try not to do that anymore. They are not allowed to tell you anything good or bad and so I never ask. As a matter of fact for my last U/S the tech left the room to ask the radiologist if she had all the proper images and when she left the room I didn't even look at the screen, because I knew I wouldn't understand what I was seeing and get frightened. But when I got up to leave I just  happened to see the screen and she had marked something with a flag. Well, I was freaked out. As it turned out when I got the results everything was fine, I always get the written report as well, and there was nothing there. Who knows why she flagged that, its not my job. LOL.

So long story short, always expect the best, and until you know different, say to yourself "today I am healthy" and I'm not going to waste it worrying otherwise. This can be hard to do sometimes. Your son is adorable and I'm sure keeps you busy. You will be around for him for a very, very, very long time. Cherish this time while he's little, believe me the time goes by so fast.

Good luck with everything. and Good health for us all.

• todd121
    todd121 Member Posts: 1,448 Member
    So cute!

Hope your scan is fine and wish you peace between scan and getting the results. May your technician have a peaceful and happy demeanor throughout!

Todd

• foroughsh
    foroughsh Member Posts: 779 Member
    corey50 said:

Hi Jason,

We have all been there with the anxiety around scan time, and then the waiting, waiting for the results. Having to wait 12 days for the results sounds like torture. Is there any way that you could call the office and get the results over the phone before your scheduled appointment?

When I first was dx and started my scans that's what I would do, this wasn't always perfect because sometimes the dr wouldn't call back right away or they wouldn't have processed the results by the time I called, but waiting was unbearable. Now, I get the results like most do at an appointment within a week after the imaging appointment. In a way, you're still waiting but you can kind of put it out of your mind and try to stay distracted. That first day after the scans is the worst for me, but what I do now, I spend the whole day out away from the phone (waiting for it to ring with the bad news). I shop, have lunch, go for a walk, maybe even see a matinee by myself. 

I shook my head with recognition when you said about "reading into everything the ultrasound tech was doing", yeah, I've done that too, if she seemed friendly then eveything was good, if she wasn't talking much it must be bad. I'm sure we all have. But I try not to do that anymore. They are not allowed to tell you anything good or bad and so I never ask. As a matter of fact for my last U/S the tech left the room to ask the radiologist if she had all the proper images and when she left the room I didn't even look at the screen, because I knew I wouldn't understand what I was seeing and get frightened. But when I got up to leave I just  happened to see the screen and she had marked something with a flag. Well, I was freaked out. As it turned out when I got the results everything was fine, I always get the written report as well, and there was nothing there. Who knows why she flagged that, its not my job. LOL.

So long story short, always expect the best, and until you know different, say to yourself "today I am healthy" and I'm not going to waste it worrying otherwise. This can be hard to do sometimes. Your son is adorable and I'm sure keeps you busy. You will be around for him for a very, very, very long time. Cherish this time while he's little, believe me the time goes by so fast.

Good luck with everything. and Good health for us all.

Wellcome to the board no one

Wellcome to the board no one wants to join, we're here for you, don't hesitate to ask questions or share your feelings if you like to, here is full of people who are willing to help,

Wish you quick uneventfull recovery

• marosa
    marosa Member Posts: 334 Member
    todd121 said:

So cute!

Hope your scan is fine and wish you peace between scan and getting the results. May your technician have a peaceful and happy demeanor throughout!

Todd

What a lovely baby Jason!

Congrats for that beautiful baby boy!  You must teach me how you upload pics here, I want to show off my grandson here one of these days!  Jason, everything will be fine.  Ohhh I know!  That scanxiety sure plays tricks in our minds!  Soon it will be over with and fine!