Options
2»

Comments

• Carrot358
    Carrot358 Member Posts: 34
    Options

Curcumin/Mushroom supplements

Hi Carrot,

Great to hear from you! Do you mind if I ask where you get your supplements and which brand you use? I believe it would be best for me to start taking them as well. I have a check next week - CT scan and CA125 - just to get a baseline after chemo I guess. I am nervous about the results - terrified that my CA125 will immediately start climbing - but I'm hoping obviously for good results, and that good results will enable me to relax a bit. Until the next scan :)

Supplements, etc

Hi Missjessicalyn,

The powdered mushrooms I used were given to me by a friend, and survivor of triple negative breast cancer - Mushroom Harvest, 14 Mushroom Blend Powder, www.mushroomharvest.com. After watching a youtube video and checking out some books by Paul Stamets I am now using Host Defense, MyCommunity Comprehensive Immune Support System, HOSTDEFENSE.com - I get this from swansonvitamins.com because this place has been used for many years by an acquaintance.  Super Curcumin 1000 w/Bioprine is what I get from PhysicianNaturals.com.  This one I chose with no recommendation.  You might find other resources as good, or better.

To everyone on the list - My partner just found something I had not heard of that is a weekend event for survivors and their guests.  It is the 16th annual, this April 29, 30 and May 1.  There must be something like this in other places but think anyone from anywhere is welcome at this one and some free flights are availabe, as well as free overnights.  Check it out at stowehope.org. I am planning on going

I am wishing you all of the best with your follow up next week.  I'll have the same April 8th.

Thoughts and big hugs,

Carrot (Marilyn)

• Carrot358
    Options
    Mwee said:

Hi "Carrot" cute screen name

I first found this site about three years after I was diagnosed. It was quite an active site at that time and finding others that understood and could help me feel that I wasn't alone on this journey was life changing. I'm so very happy to pay forward for all those kindnesses. I receive my chemo at my Onc's office in the infusion room. I've been told that treatments are chosen according to what is found to be effective on the cell type during biopsy. For many of us, a carbo/taxol combo is the first drug combo given. Is there anything else I might be able to help with? 

MWee

Hello MWee,  Just missing hearing from you and, most importantly, hope things are going well.  Carrot (Marilyn)

• Missjessicalyn
    Missjessicalyn Member Posts: 10
    Options

Missjessicalyn, a friend of

Missjessicalyn, a friend of mine with recurrent UPSC, aggressive like ovarian, is on Avastin.  It is expensive, but she is ok so far.  She said her CA125 is rising, which worries her, but she is going to keep trying!

Thank you for the input! I am

Thank you for the input! I am going to look into it further - I have a Drs. appt tomorrow, so I'll ask again about Avastin and see if I can get a referral to a doc who will prescribe it.

• Missjessicalyn
    Missjessicalyn Member Posts: 10
    Options
    Carrot358 said:

Supplements, etc

Hi Missjessicalyn,

The powdered mushrooms I used were given to me by a friend, and survivor of triple negative breast cancer - Mushroom Harvest, 14 Mushroom Blend Powder, www.mushroomharvest.com. After watching a youtube video and checking out some books by Paul Stamets I am now using Host Defense, MyCommunity Comprehensive Immune Support System, HOSTDEFENSE.com - I get this from swansonvitamins.com because this place has been used for many years by an acquaintance.  Super Curcumin 1000 w/Bioprine is what I get from PhysicianNaturals.com.  This one I chose with no recommendation.  You might find other resources as good, or better.

To everyone on the list - My partner just found something I had not heard of that is a weekend event for survivors and their guests.  It is the 16th annual, this April 29, 30 and May 1.  There must be something like this in other places but think anyone from anywhere is welcome at this one and some free flights are availabe, as well as free overnights.  Check it out at stowehope.org. I am planning on going

I am wishing you all of the best with your follow up next week.  I'll have the same April 8th.

Thoughts and big hugs,

Carrot (Marilyn)

Thanks Marilyn!
    I'm going to

Thanks Marilyn!

I'm going to try to order these as soon as possible. I appreciate the info!

Jessica

• Carrot358
    Options

Thanks Marilyn!
    I'm going to

Thanks Marilyn!

I'm going to try to order these as soon as possible. I appreciate the info!

Jessica

Your follow up appointment

Hi Jessicalyn,

Just want you to know I'm thinking about you.  You had your follow up on Friday, mine is two weeks from that day.  Whatever the news, I am looking forward to,hearing from you.

Carrot