Kent, I must say...

Options
You bare a striking resemblance to 007!!!

Comments

• Kent Cass
    Kent Cass Member Posts: 1,898 Member
    Options
    SQLNOLE

Can't tell you how many times I've heard people tell me that. They used to say I looked a lot like **** Butkus, here. The picture as my avatar was an airport security shot taken when I was throwing the Agency a curve, by thinking I was leaving a certain east-Asian country. Course, I didn't really leave. Knew they'd see the film, so that's why I waved. Ended-up staying in the country, came to the rescue of a damnsel in distress named Olga, who helped me expose corruption and worse in two global Intelligence communities, and also lead to the downfall of a man who was to become President of a large Asian nation. Associate of mine I trained ended-up eliminating the later. Just the way we roll.

SQLNOLE- is that a code name? On the MI6 payroll, while living a mild and mannered life in America's shadows? SPECTRE, maybe? Interpol, and still sore about the things I got away with, and being ten steps ahead of you? Hmmm...

Actually, I do have a nickname- November is what the Brass calls me. When I joined the forum back in 09 I was working with a certain Company that liked names, too, rather than numbers for IDs- hence, November. John Smith is my real name. Raised initially in the small village of Broad Oak in Kent County, England, my Parents died when I was young. I was moved to the US to live with my Mom's Sister in the little town of Bluff Springs, which is in Cass County, Illinois. So, I merged the names of the two counties I lived my youth in to arrive at the name I use on this forum. Course, as you well know, I did return to England, joined the Navy and landed a government job that enabled me to travel the planet, meet many beautiful women, some good and some bad, and I might have done some classified things to the benefit of the free world. But then I got older and decided to move to Chicago with my beautiful European bride, Madeleine. Only really good at one thing, I used my American friend, Felix, to land a job in US government, and take the November name. Madeleine and I had to move, of course, but that goes with the government job. They rarely need my help, which is nice. Avatar pix was on my last job, or at least that's a theory. And don't bother making inquiries with friends in high places. Even to them, nobody's gonna say I even exist. Only Greta, Tim/Hondo and John even know the general location of where Madeleine and I live (known all three from my years working in the English government, meeting each on a different assignment). And, I am still always ready for unwelcomed visitors. They got my Vesper, but nobody's gonna harm Madeleine, AKA Jane Smith...

Again, further inquiries into my true identity, or current activities, are not adviseable.

kcass  

• SQLNOLE
    SQLNOLE Member Posts: 25
    Options
    Kent Cass said:

SQLNOLE

Can't tell you how many times I've heard people tell me that. They used to say I looked a lot like **** Butkus, here. The picture as my avatar was an airport security shot taken when I was throwing the Agency a curve, by thinking I was leaving a certain east-Asian country. Course, I didn't really leave. Knew they'd see the film, so that's why I waved. Ended-up staying in the country, came to the rescue of a damnsel in distress named Olga, who helped me expose corruption and worse in two global Intelligence communities, and also lead to the downfall of a man who was to become President of a large Asian nation. Associate of mine I trained ended-up eliminating the later. Just the way we roll.

SQLNOLE- is that a code name? On the MI6 payroll, while living a mild and mannered life in America's shadows? SPECTRE, maybe? Interpol, and still sore about the things I got away with, and being ten steps ahead of you? Hmmm...

Actually, I do have a nickname- November is what the Brass calls me. When I joined the forum back in 09 I was working with a certain Company that liked names, too, rather than numbers for IDs- hence, November. John Smith is my real name. Raised initially in the small village of Broad Oak in Kent County, England, my Parents died when I was young. I was moved to the US to live with my Mom's Sister in the little town of Bluff Springs, which is in Cass County, Illinois. So, I merged the names of the two counties I lived my youth in to arrive at the name I use on this forum. Course, as you well know, I did return to England, joined the Navy and landed a government job that enabled me to travel the planet, meet many beautiful women, some good and some bad, and I might have done some classified things to the benefit of the free world. But then I got older and decided to move to Chicago with my beautiful European bride, Madeleine. Only really good at one thing, I used my American friend, Felix, to land a job in US government, and take the November name. Madeleine and I had to move, of course, but that goes with the government job. They rarely need my help, which is nice. Avatar pix was on my last job, or at least that's a theory. And don't bother making inquiries with friends in high places. Even to them, nobody's gonna say I even exist. Only Greta, Tim/Hondo and John even know the general location of where Madeleine and I live (known all three from my years working in the English government, meeting each on a different assignment). And, I am still always ready for unwelcomed visitors. They got my Vesper, but nobody's gonna harm Madeleine, AKA Jane Smith...

Again, further inquiries into my true identity, or current activities, are not adviseable.

kcass  

Legerdemain

Kent,

I must say, the agency has taught you well - how to obscure your identity and whereabouts...  I'll wager that you picked up the art of the "turn of a phrase" on your own, or perhaps had it surgically implanted during some less than merky venture with Universal Exports...

With me, however, carrying the spectre of aninimity and the penchant for obsequiousness, I shall endeavor to explain my pseudonym faithfully, and without delay!

SQL - is the database language that I have programmed in extensively over the last 7 years.   I have also worked in C#, C++, VB, VBA, XML, XAML, HTML, Peebles and Bam Bam!   Needless to say, I much more reliable at communicating with machines, than I am in dealing with satient life forms.

Explanation #1 - Pure poppycock, diversionary, and alltogether historically interesting, although not relavent to decoding of my moniker.

NOLE - The Seminole are a Native American tribe originally from Florida. They comprise three federally recognized tribes and independent groups, most living in Oklahoma with a minority in Florida. The Seminole nation emerged in a process of ethnogenesis out of groups of Native Americans, most significantly Creek from what are now northern Muscogee.[1] The word Seminole is a corruption of cimarrón, a Spanish term for "runaway" or "wild one".[2]

Explanation #2

NOLE - I was born and raised in Orlando.  My dad and brother played baseball at Florida State.   Needless to say, I bleed Garnet and Gold, thus the diminutive form of Seminole in my handle.

Should you choose to relay this information to any third party, or rogue agent, I shall disavow its substance and its intent.

This message will self destruct in five seconds.....

• Kent Cass
    Kent Cass Member Posts: 1,898 Member
    Options
    SQLNOLE said:

Legerdemain

Kent,

I must say, the agency has taught you well - how to obscure your identity and whereabouts...  I'll wager that you picked up the art of the "turn of a phrase" on your own, or perhaps had it surgically implanted during some less than merky venture with Universal Exports...

With me, however, carrying the spectre of aninimity and the penchant for obsequiousness, I shall endeavor to explain my pseudonym faithfully, and without delay!

SQL - is the database language that I have programmed in extensively over the last 7 years.   I have also worked in C#, C++, VB, VBA, XML, XAML, HTML, Peebles and Bam Bam!   Needless to say, I much more reliable at communicating with machines, than I am in dealing with satient life forms.

Explanation #1 - Pure poppycock, diversionary, and alltogether historically interesting, although not relavent to decoding of my moniker.

NOLE - The Seminole are a Native American tribe originally from Florida. They comprise three federally recognized tribes and independent groups, most living in Oklahoma with a minority in Florida. The Seminole nation emerged in a process of ethnogenesis out of groups of Native Americans, most significantly Creek from what are now northern Muscogee.[1] The word Seminole is a corruption of cimarrón, a Spanish term for "runaway" or "wild one".[2]

Explanation #2

NOLE - I was born and raised in Orlando.  My dad and brother played baseball at Florida State.   Needless to say, I bleed Garnet and Gold, thus the diminutive form of Seminole in my handle.

Should you choose to relay this information to any third party, or rogue agent, I shall disavow its substance and its intent.

This message will self destruct in five seconds.....