Any ideas?

lab guy
lab guy Member Posts: 27

I am about 4 months post treatment. About a week ago I noticed and felt some small bumps in my rectal area. My wife said they looked looked like pimples or small boils. Any thoughts? Steve

Comments

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    lab guy

I would definitely get them checked out by your doctor.  Anal warts/lesions are often times benign, but I would highly recommend having them looked at.  I hope they turn out to be nothing of concern as per your physician.

Martha

• lab guy
    mp327 said:

lab guy

I would definitely get them checked out by your doctor.  Anal warts/lesions are often times benign, but I would highly recommend having them looked at.  I hope they turn out to be nothing of concern as per your physician.

Martha

I planned on it

I will for sure. Didn't I read you had something like this? What are best case, worst case scenerios? Steve

• mp327
    lab guy said:

I planned on it

I will for sure. Didn't I read you had something like this? What are best case, worst case scenerios? Steve

Steve

You are correct.  Back in 2010, at the time of my 2-year post-treatment follow-up with my colorectal surgeon, she discovered 3 very small internal anal warts (condylomas).  She scheduled me for surgery to have them removed, as there was the risk that they could become cancerous at some point in time. 

If yours are external, I would think removal would not be a difficult procedure.  Since mine were internal, perhaps there was a little more involved.  I had to go under general anesthesia.  However, I was discharged to go home after a pretty short recovery period. 

Obviously, the worst case scenario would be that one or more of them would be cancerous upon pathological examination.  The best case scenario is that they would be found to be benign.  I would think removal would be advisable, regardless of the path results, but that is my unprofessional opinion only.  I was glad my doctor recommended removal of mine to avoid any surprises in the future.

I wish you the best with this and hope you'll keep us posted.

Martha

• lab guy
    Once again, thank you

Martha, I will let you know the outcome. Steve

• mp327
    lab guy said:

Once again, thank you

Martha, I will let you know the outcome. Steve

Steve

Please do.  Thank you.