Good news from the german branch...

Options
Semira
Semira Member Posts: 381 Member
edited February 2016 in Colorectal Cancer #1

... of our great group.

Husband had his latest checkup on tuesday... ultrasound clear... bloodcount perfect. CEA 0,9 and all other values also great. WOW... who would have expected this on Nov 9th 2011 when he was diagnosed with stage 4 CRC with 2 mets to liver and one in his peritoneum. Next step CT in August.

So happy. Wishing this kind of news to everybody here!

Big hugs from Cologne, Germany

Petra - now ready for further travel planning :-)

Comments

• Cazz
    Cazz Member Posts: 106
    Options
    Great News

Woo-hoo Petra! that sounds wonderful and you are in a great place to start your travels. Congratulations

C

• maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    Options
    yesssssss

dearest petra.......what wonderful news!!!!!! thank you for that.....sometimes it just feels like a miracle.

re travel........give Canada a miss for a few weeks.....it is -7 and blowing and we have a TON of snow......:)

sending warm hugs.....maggie

• lizard44
    lizard44 Member Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Wonderful news!

So happy for you both.  I love hearing reports like that! Happy travels. Smile

• Cathleen Mary
    Cathleen Mary Member Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    lizard44 said:

Wonderful news!

So happy for you both.  I love hearing reports like that! Happy travels. Smile

.   Wonderful news!  Joy in

.   Wonderful news!  Joy in Germany. We look forward to great travel stories.

CM

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    That's great to hear Petra,

That's great to hear Petra, travelling sounds like a real bonus after that check-up. If you're heading to Cali, nows the time, it's warm and lovely, though El Nino is still supposed to show up, sometime..................................................Dave

• Semira
    Options
    maglets said:

yesssssss

dearest petra.......what wonderful news!!!!!! thank you for that.....sometimes it just feels like a miracle.

re travel........give Canada a miss for a few weeks.....it is -7 and blowing and we have a TON of snow......:)

No Snow please...

... I need sun and summer :-) So instead of Canada we will go to La Digue, Seychelles for 2 Weeks in May and probably to India again in Oct/Nov for 4 weeks :-)

Happy hugs, Mags

Petra

• Semira
    Options

That's great to hear Petra,

That's great to hear Petra, travelling sounds like a real bonus after that check-up. If you're heading to Cali, nows the time, it's warm and lovely, though El Nino is still supposed to show up, sometime..................................................Dave

Warm sounds nice...

... but all free days for 2016 are already planned. We will leave fpr 2 weeks La Digue, Seychelles in May and probably again to India in Oct/Nov for 4 weeks. Could really need some more free days but  we haven't more then 30 per year here in germany.

Hugs

Petra

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options
    Happy news!

image Dancing Man, for your man. 

So happy to hear this news. 

May it always be so. 

Sue - Trubrit

• MS2014
    MS2014 Member Posts: 58
    Options
    Great new for the newbies. Congrats

Great news Semira!!!

I'm figthing livet mets and it is good to know your husband has been great since so long

• danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Petra

Happy for you. Just love that kind of good news!!!

• danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    maglets said:

yesssssss

Travel

She should come to Tucson Az.  It is 2 in the afternoon and the current temperature is 86.   That;s spring in the desert!!  LOL

• Semira
    Options
    danker said:

Travel

She should come to Tucson Az.  It is 2 in the afternoon and the current temperature is 86.   That;s spring in the desert!!  LOL

We need...

... more free days... the 30 per year here in Germany are not enough and already fixed for 2016

In My we will spend 2 weeks on the Island of La Digue, Seychelles, and in Oct/Nov again 4 weeks in India (5th trip... abd 4th after diagnosis and sugeries)

I really could do more travels :-)
    Hugs
    Petra

• Helen321
    Helen321 Member Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Yeahhhh I just saw this so

Yeahhhh I just saw this so I'm posting my yeahhhh late.  lol That is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  news!!!!!!!

• Semira
    Options
    Helen321 said:

Yeahhhh I just saw this so

Yeahhhh I just saw this so I'm posting my yeahhhh late.  lol That is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  news!!!!!!!

Late but great

Hi Helen,

your late YEAH made me smile. Laughing

A big hug

Petra

• marbleotis
    marbleotis Member Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Great!

Just great - I love reading this!!!

• GSP2
    GSP2 Member Posts: 103 Member
    Options

Great!

Just great - I love reading this!!!

Have to jump on the congratulations bandwagon

what fabulous news !

Steve.

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    Options
    Yay! SO happy!!!!!!
    Jan

Yay! SO happy!!!!!!

Jan

• sigma9r
    sigma9r Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Vacation TO Germany

Petra,

After my second colon resection my wife and I went on a river cruise through Germany, starting at N-burg.  I had a bout with my spastic colon during the first day of touring, but the rest of the trip was fine.  You have a beautiful country.  It was my second trip to D-Land, the first out of the country (except Canada) for my wife and a bucket list item for me.  When I returned home I found out I had three lesions in the liver and lost 2/3 of the liver.

I'm clear now with a scan in August.  We are planning our next trip, either Paris or Dublin (my French is nicht sehr gut), or we may just stay in Memphis for the rainy season!!!

Good luck to you and your husband

Wiley Winter

Memphis, TN

• Semira
    Options
    sigma9r said:

Vacation TO Germany

Petra,

After my second colon resection my wife and I went on a river cruise through Germany, starting at N-burg.  I had a bout with my spastic colon during the first day of touring, but the rest of the trip was fine.  You have a beautiful country.  It was my second trip to D-Land, the first out of the country (except Canada) for my wife and a bucket list item for me.  When I returned home I found out I had three lesions in the liver and lost 2/3 of the liver.

I'm clear now with a scan in August.  We are planning our next trip, either Paris or Dublin (my French is nicht sehr gut), or we may just stay in Memphis for the rainy season!!!

Good luck to you and your husband

Wiley Winter

Memphis, TN

Paris is so nice....

... love to go there, it's only 600 km from Cologne, our home town. "Unfortunately" we really got caught by India, so we spent most of our vacation there the last years. Planning trip N0 5 for October :-)

@Paris - the french are bit strange about speaking other languages then french but it's really possible to travel there if you dont't know any french. Did that for many years until I decided to learn some french finally. Well, they are more open then :-)

Hugs from Germany and all the best to you

Petra