Painful lymph nodes

Options
Did you all find that your lymph nodes hurt when you were first diagnosed?

My really swollen one has been hurting (along jawbone), but the last couple of days I have had pain alone my collarbone on the same side.

Comments

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    Options
    nope

SQLNOLE,

No, neither my lymph node or my tongue gave up (painful) information on what was ahead.  Only the swelling of the lymph node was my indicator of a problem.

Maybe you’re pushing on it too much.

Matt

• Tonita
    Tonita Member Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I feel like things hurt more

I feel like things hurt more too, but I think it's a combination of my vivid imagination and the recent prodding during exams.  I've had no swelling of the lymph nodes but I imagine that they are and they are sore.

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Options
    Strange.........

Cancer normally doesn't have much pain. Now I did get pain in my left ear which is a sympton, of what I had. None of my lymph glands ever hurt, they did swell to where you could see they were big. As a precaution and they thought it had spread to at least one, they removed 86 lymph glands. Yours might be putting pressure on some nerves or muscles. Just make sure to keep your doctors updated.

Bill

• SQLNOLE
    SQLNOLE Member Posts: 25
    Options
    wmc said:

Strange.........

Cancer normally doesn't have much pain. Now I did get pain in my left ear which is a sympton, of what I had. None of my lymph glands ever hurt, they did swell to where you could see they were big. As a precaution and they thought it had spread to at least one, they removed 86 lymph glands. Yours might be putting pressure on some nerves or muscles. Just make sure to keep your doctors updated.

Bill

docs
    Will do, Bill.
  • Tonita
    Tonita Member Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    wmc said:

Strange.........

Bill

I have to say that my tongue

I have to say that my tongue is in constant pain and awful depending on how I move it or what I eat.  Even pudding can hurt. 

• SQLNOLE
    SQLNOLE Member Posts: 25
    Options
    Tonita said:

I have to say that my tongue

I have to say that my tongue is in constant pain and awful depending on how I move it or what I eat.  Even pudding can hurt. 

hope
    I hope that your pain is relieved soon.
  • MrsBD
    MrsBD Member Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Lymph nodes

My lymph nodes, throat and ear hurt before the diagnosis and during treatment. I do think that we subconsciously press on them which irritates them even more.