Options
2»

Comments

• ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181
    Options
    lintx said:

Very sorry for your news

I was so hopeful to hear better news.  Pat, I believe in prayer and will keep you in my daily prayers. I'm sure you have a good team to guide you through this next phase. Thanks to Irene for explaining it for us, too.  Sending you positive thoughts. Big hug, Linda

Thank you Linda

I appriatte the Prayers and thoughts.And hugs.Thank you

• ppurdin
    Options
    Teach76 said:

Adding prayers

Dear Pat,

I was saddened to read your post.  Feeling numb and overwhelmed is heartbreaking, but your team sounds like they have a plan.  Sending prayers that your decisions may be well guided and give you the least amount of stress and discomfort.  

Kathy

Thank you Kathy

Thank you so much Kathy

• ppurdin
    Options
    button2 said:

Oh Pat

I am so terribly sorry to hear this news. It just all seems so unfair that this could happen after so many years and you always doing everything the doctors told you to do. The description of the hot chemo that Jessie'smom posted sounds very effective and I pray for you that this is how you will hit your cancer again. I can't imagine what you are going thru right now, but we will be with you every step of the way as you FIGHT cancer for a second time...giving you a great big hug right now...Anna

Hugs

Thank you Anna.I appriatte it.

• ppurdin
    Options
    aisling8 said:

oh, no

Pat,

Your news makes me heartsick. I'd so hoped for it to turn out to be something easy and benign. I can't even imagine all that's running through your head and heart right now. I'm sending a great big hug and extra energy your way as you process this and come up with your plan.

We're here.

xoxo

Victoria

Plan

Hi Victoria.Yes I will feel better when we get a plan in action.Thank you so much.

• ppurdin
    Options

Bad Pathology Report

Oh Pat, I am SO sorry that the pathology report  turned out so poorly for you. We had all hoped for better. I can't blame you for feeling numb and heartbroken. 

Hot chemo is another way of saying Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy or HIPEC. It is usually used to treat cancer in the abdominal cavity such as colorectal cancer, ovarian cancer and cancer of the appendix. My understanding is that all visible tumors are surgically removed then the organs are bathed in a heated (108 degrees Farenheit) chemotherapy solution. 

My thoughts are with you and your family as you try to come to grips with this news. 

IRENE

Irene

Hi Irene.Thats my middle name.you exspained it well the treatment.Hopefully we will get a plan in action soon.Thank you.

• ppurdin
    Options

It's the news we all dread,

It's the news we all dread, so sorry.  Please tell us how you get on when you are more 'settled' or whatever word you want to use.  Oh dear bless your heart.

Roz

thank you so much

• ppurdin
    Options
    cati0314 said:

Dear Pat

Dear Pat, I was shocked and heartbroken to read your post today.  My heart goes out to you and my prayers are for your recovery from this.  Stay strong and know that we are with you every step of the way.  Hope and prayers, Sharon

Sharon

thank you so much.I appriatte it.This sight is amazing people like you.Thank you so much.

• ppurdin
    Options

I'm so sorry

To hear your devastating news.  I can imagine that you must be numb and totally confused/out of sorts.  I hope that you can find some solace in the days to come and that you and your doctors come up with a plan of action to deal with this.  Sending strength your way.

Clementine

Strength

thank you so very much Clemintine

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    hugs and pixie dust...on the

hugs and pixie dust...on the way to you

Denise

• ppurdin
    Options

hugs and pixie dust...on the

hugs and pixie dust...on the way to you

Denise

Thank you

I appriatte it.

• jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    Options
    ppurdin said:

Thank you

I appriatte it.

Dear Pat....

So sorry your news wasn't what we had all wanted it to be!

Keeping you in my thoughts & prayers!  Stay strong - we are all here for you & love you!

Jenny

• crselby
    crselby Member Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    hot chemo

Hi Pat.  Irene's description of "hot chemo" sounds right.  A good friend of mine had massive abdominal surgery to remove mesothelioma cancer from the lining of her abdomen.  In fact, the docs removed the lining itself.  Then they gave her hot chemo.  That was 7 years ago and she is doing so great now.  Just visited me in AZ from Syracuse, NY.  We had a blast! Just wanted you to know how effective it can be. I wish you all the best that can happen from here on out.

~~Connie~~