got a hug from Radiologists

harleywiz
harleywiz Member Posts: 50 Member

so i go to get set up for xrays to my groin and on the way out she gives me a hug and tells me i dont understand most people dignost in 2013 are no longer with us but i feel great 24 chemo treatments /stoma/ 4 surgyies to remove cancer and now goingto get 20 xray treatments and i feel fine for having stage 4 colon cancer

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    You deserve the hug

What great news! 

My Onc hugs me. I take that as a good sign. I can't see that its good for these men and women, who see death all around them daily, getting attached enough to patients. But when they are happy with your continued clear scans and blood work, then I'm sure they feel elation, along with the patient. 

Keep it up, Harley. 

Sue - Trubrit

• Sue_2015
    Sue_2015 Member Posts: 19
    Great news and here's another

Great news and here's another hug .......

Best wishes,

Sue

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
    My radiologist is rather

My radiologist is rather stoic, not the hugging type. My wife's was a terrific lady at Desert Regional CCC, and she was a hugger, had a real down home style to her......................................................Dave

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member

My radiologist is rather

My radiologist is rather stoic, not the hugging type. My wife's was a terrific lady at Desert Regional CCC, and she was a hugger, had a real down home style to her......................................................Dave

Complete turnaround

My Oncologist is Indian, and could barely look at me when I first visited him. A cultural thing, I hear. Now he hugs the heck out of me.

My Rad Onc is rather handsome. I'm glad he doesn't hug me  image.

Sue - Trubrit