6th Infusion complete!

Well, I had my 6th frontline chemo today. It was delayed a week and required a blood transfusion to get me ready,  but it happened. When I think about the last 5 months it went quickly, tho when I was in the thick of it I had my doubts I could make it due to side affects. I know I have 3 days of pain coming my way, a pet/CT scan to determine status and radiation to get thru. But I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  For those women who've had multiple rounds of chemo, I'm awed by your strength and determination and many a day I thought of you to get thru my frontline.  From what I've learned on this board,  I'm not saying this is my last chemo -- I don't know what the future holds, but that doesn't diminish my sense of relief this part is over.  Thank you to everyone on this board who has shared their experiences and support, the love here is palatable and every word of encouragement to me or someone else has lifted me. All the best to us all!

Comments

• Lou Ann M
    Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member
    Time for happy dance

if I felt a little better I would do one for you.  You have made it this for, it will all be down hill from here on out.  Hoping and praying for years and years of NED for you.  Lou Ann

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    Congratulations on finishing

Congratulations on finishing your chemo.  I hope the next week is not so painful for you!!!  (((Gardena)))

Love,

Eldri

• Red Corvette
    Red Corvette Member Posts: 114 Member
    Way to go Gardena! Big

Way to go Gardena! Big congratulations to another strong brave lady. Enjoy feeling great about getting through chemo and on towards some normalcy in your life.

Red

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,678 Member

Way to go Gardena! Big

Way to go Gardena! Big congratulations to another strong brave lady. Enjoy feeling great about getting through chemo and on towards some normalcy in your life.

Red

Congratulations

You did it!

• Abbycat2
    Abbycat2 Member Posts: 644 Member
    ConnieSW said:

Congratulations

You did it!

I am happy for you, Gardena

When I was in the thick of it two years ago- facing my last chemo in March, 2013- it didn't seem like I would ever complete treatment.  Finally, it was over!  This too shall pass.

Cathy

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    Abbycat2 said:

I am happy for you, Gardena

When I was in the thick of it two years ago- facing my last chemo in March, 2013- it didn't seem like I would ever complete treatment.  Finally, it was over!  This too shall pass.

Cathy

Gardena

YES!!!  So glad you made it through to completion! Congratulations.

I can't remember what kind of radiation you are having... For me, Chemo was way harder than the radiation. (Brachy only)

Get through the tough days and then enjoy the road back to normal!

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• ncg007
    ncg007 Member Posts: 138 Member
    Congratulations!

Comgratulations Gardena on completing chemo!  I too finished number six this week after a week delay and a blood transfusion.  Wishing that you are not hit too hard with side affects this week and you are soon feeling well.

Nancy

• ncg007 said:

Congratulations!

Comgratulations Gardena on completing chemo!  I too finished number six this week after a week delay and a blood transfusion.  Wishing that you are not hit too hard with side affects this week and you are soon feeling well.

Nancy

Yipee

That's so great.  I have only wimply completed chemo 4, but am already looking ahead at the day my chemo #6 comes.  Did you have a rush of emotions and tears?  I know I will.  Congratulations and here's hoping the happy feeling of completing chemo helps with the next few days.  Hugs Nancy

• Kvdyson
    Kvdyson Member Posts: 789
    Congratulations!

In a few months you will look back and see how strong you were to get through it all. Congratulations and enjoy it!

• Editgrl
    Editgrl Member Posts: 903 Member
    Congratulations!

Getting through chemo is a major accomplishment.  Rest up and get ready to get back to a non-chemo life!

Chris

• debrajo
    debrajo Member Posts: 1,095 Member
    Happy!

So very glad that is over for you!  I was beyond happy and relieved for all of one day!  Then I had the panic attack of "What do I do Now to Stop this from coming BACK"!  I seriously asked if I could continue on a small dose to "be sure"!  Did the sam thing when I went from three month check up to six month check up.  I had my  fifth year clear back in Oct.  for my yearly check up and every thing was good. Then I Went to my PCP this week and, yes, I asked him to run a CA125," just to be sure"!  Don't be surprised if you get a little antsy at NOT doing chemo!  Debra