Good morning fellow warriors

tamaven01
tamaven01 Member Posts: 21

I know I'm so new and that these topics have most likely been covered but last night started my second 4 stint with Sutent and then I have scans booked in early April to see if the small tumor I have on my kidney has improved, and then hopefully that will mean that the bone mets I have are being positively impacted as well. Is there anyone else that has bone mets? I would be interested to hear from you about how you manage pain, constipation, if you feel that Sutent actually worked at all, etc..  I'm not really sure of my overall question, but haven't found much mention on bones mets.  Hopefully none of you have it!! Thoughts?

Beautiful sunny day today.  Getting ready to do my morning stretches (found a good youtube video to follow along with),  read one of my inspirational books for 30 minutes, drink my green juice and go to my infrared sauna appointent at 10am.  "Just the normal life of this new lady of leisure" ha!!..  I heard Beyonce is doing the same thing this morning.. 

Comments

• Srashedb
    Srashedb Member Posts: 482 Member
    Bone mets

I do not have renal cancer; my husband does. He was dx in 7/13 as stage 4 with spinal mets.

At that time, he had 2; one was treated with surgery and the other with cyber knife radiation. last year, he has more radiation with the appearance of 2 areas on the spine. These had shown up on the base PetScan and became active. 

Just last week, an MRI showed another previously noted spot which is now seen as met. all  the mets have shown up in the lower part of the spine. He is again being set for radiation.

thus far, cyber has been a very effective weapon.

no medications at all; bone mets seem to not respond to drugs. He is doing great! 

One caution for you; those stretches should get a medical opinion because the greatest threat with bone mets  fracture and compression.

Welcome!

Sarah

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    Srashedb said:

Bone mets

I do not have renal cancer; my husband does. He was dx in 7/13 as stage 4 with spinal mets.

At that time, he had 2; one was treated with surgery and the other with cyber knife radiation. last year, he has more radiation with the appearance of 2 areas on the spine. These had shown up on the base PetScan and became active. 

Just last week, an MRI showed another previously noted spot which is now seen as met. all  the mets have shown up in the lower part of the spine. He is again being set for radiation.

thus far, cyber has been a very effective weapon.

no medications at all; bone mets seem to not respond to drugs. He is doing great! 

One caution for you; those stretches should get a medical opinion because the greatest threat with bone mets  fracture and compression.

Welcome!

Sarah

bone mets

I've had'em. At least 5 or 6 rib mets. 3 or 4 vertebrae mets, femur, pelvis, humerous. Not counting my sub dural vert. mets. I've had radiation to spine, a couple ribs, femur, humerous, and spinal canal. But yes the medication has worked on the other ones too. In 2012 I was only able to walk in the house loaded on oxies. After nivo, the iliac crest just cleared up. Now, back on nivo, I'm waiting until april scans where we will see my tumor burden cut in half. Votrient didn't wipe out any growth but kept most things stable.

• tamaven01
    tamaven01 Member Posts: 21
    foxhd said:

bone mets

I've had'em. At least 5 or 6 rib mets. 3 or 4 vertebrae mets, femur, pelvis, humerous. Not counting my sub dural vert. mets. I've had radiation to spine, a couple ribs, femur, humerous, and spinal canal. But yes the medication has worked on the other ones too. In 2012 I was only able to walk in the house loaded on oxies. After nivo, the iliac crest just cleared up. Now, back on nivo, I'm waiting until april scans where we will see my tumor burden cut in half. Votrient didn't wipe out any growth but kept most things stable.

ok then! thank you!

Ok then, you've definitely been down this path!  Very helpful to hear that there are some drugs that work, I'm in quite a lot of pain on my leg and looking forward to it subsiding.  Very best to you for your scans coming up, my next scans are the last week of March.  

• Footstomper
    Footstomper Member Posts: 1,237 Member
    tamaven01 said:

ok then! thank you!

Ok then, you've definitely been down this path!  Very helpful to hear that there are some drugs that work, I'm in quite a lot of pain on my leg and looking forward to it subsiding.  Very best to you for your scans coming up, my next scans are the last week of March.  

Sutent

Reduced the lumps but the side effects kept me stuck in the bathroom. I was able to take it for about 6 months but by the end I was not a happy chap.

You'd better tell your doc about the pain in your leg