Options
124»

Comments

• hopeful lady
    hopeful lady Member Posts: 36
    Options
    lindary said:

Good News

This is going to be my last update on this thread. 

I talked to the transplant coordinator from Rush today. She told me that the SCT Dr had completed her review of the tests and lab reports and there is No evidence of Disease. So her conclusion is that I do not need a Stem Cell Transplant at this time. 

The next step is to have the Hickman catheter removed. Unfortunately the surgeon is out for the next 2 weeks. Hopefully the week after that I can see him to have the catheter removed and then see the SCT Dr the same day. I am sure she has some details she wants to go over with me.

Then it will be up to my local oncologist to decide how often I need blood tests and any other tests. I do have a Rituxan treatment next Tues, May 24, and that will continue to occur every 8 weeks for the next 18 months or more. This is to help keep the lyphoma from coming back.

I want to thank everyone for their support, suggestions and sharing their own experiences. I have no doubt that is what helped get me to this point without losing my sanity.  I just hope that I will stay in remission for many years to come. I am going to stay active on this site since there is still a lot of good information to be had. 
    You go girl!

You are an inspiration!  I feel like I am right there with you as you explain your journey.  I can almost see it happening...... you should write a book! 

As you sign off this thread, just know that you are supported and loved.  God Bless!

Dianne