Surgery cancelled!

Options

My Mandibulectomy was supposed to hace been January 20th, but I got the flu, then pneumonia, so they rescheduled for February 8th. Then we got a call that plastics couldn't make that date nor the 15th.  

Surgery was scheduled for the 29th. Seemed a long way off, but I figured I could get back in shape, get some things in the house done, and attend a few functions.

PA called today. My surgeon has to be out of town that day, so they will schedule me for when he's back at work!

OMG. I'm not sure if to laugh or cry. 

Comments

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Options
    Nether one, just a deep breath.

Having to wait is hard on a person as they want this to just be over, and right now. I do understand. When I met with all my doctors at the tumor board I thought I was staying and going to have surgery right then. Didn't happen. I had to wait 6 weeks and stop taking any Motron or aspren, so I waited the 6 weeks and went back to have surgery, I thought. Now get an OK from, my lung doctor and he had to sign off it was ok to have surgery.[I have severe COPD]. I called my lung doctor, who was on vacation, and I was put on hold, they were on the phone with Stanford, my surgen, and he was given the ok. The next week they did the surgery. The things that can go through your head when you have to wait longer is hard on you, but don't go there. You will have this and then the recovery, but it will turn out fine.

Bill

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Hi Lise

Don’t let it get you down, it sucks having to wait and reschedule and wait some more, as with me there is nothing I hate more than waiting. Will keep you in prayer that just the right time comes and comes soon.

Tim                      

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    Options
    Temporary Postponement

LiseA,

To cry would be if you would have to wait for the next leap year, so you might as well laugh.

Matt

• LiseA
    LiseA Member Posts: 266
    Options
    CivilMatt said:

Temporary Postponement

LiseA,

To cry would be if you would have to wait for the next leap year, so you might as well laugh.

Matt

Went to my local doctor for

Went to my local doctor for the joint pains I've been having.  This happened in the past pre diagnosis, so I'm not worried it's related to cancer, but my bloodwork came back quite elevated for inflammation. He said he wasn't sure if it's RA or related to my jaw.

since I had pneumonia in Januar, and seeing we are still in flu season, I seem to keep getting symptoms of a cold or virus every few days.  Now dealing with a strange sore throat, my tongue has cuts and bumps, and right side (cancer on left) near throat, is sore and painful. Looks like my tonsils.  I don't know if to see a local ENT or go back to Houston to be checked. My doc here says wait it out and see if throat clears up...

BUT this cancer thing makes me concerned it's spreading! I have never had tonsillitis so this is all new. 

I have been trying to take care of myself (nutrition wise), and to continue being active in the community.  Fatigue gets to me. Not sure if the joint pains from wrist to elbow and knee to ankle is the reason for the excessive fatigue.

Still now word on surgery.