Hair lost

Options
Tracy figg
Tracy figg Member Posts: 36

I havent started treatment yet and you guys have been get helping me. One question did any of you guys  lose your hair on the head i was just wondering. 

Comments

• eihtak
    eihtak Member Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Tracy figg....

I have very thick hair and it did get quite thin but I never lost it all. Also, it was not until half way through treatment that it started thinning when I washed it or would end up on the pillow case at night so actually avoided over washing my hair during that time.  When it came back it was thick and curly! Some people get their hair cut short before beginning treatment to make the thinning easier to manage, but then some people do not lose much hair anyway.

katheryn

• Tracy figg
    Options
    eihtak said:

Tracy figg....

I have very thick hair and it did get quite thin but I never lost it all. Also, it was not until half way through treatment that it started thinning when I washed it or would end up on the pillow case at night so actually avoided over washing my hair during that time.  When it came back it was thick and curly! Some people get their hair cut short before beginning treatment to make the thinning easier to manage, but then some people do not lose much hair anyway.

katheryn

Thanks

Thanks

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Tracy figg

My hair began to come out on day 21 of treatment.  I didn't lose it all, but it thinned quite a bit in spots all over my head.

• Tracy figg
    Options
    mp327 said:

Tracy figg

My hair began to come out on day 21 of treatment.  I didn't lose it all, but it thinned quite a bit in spots all over my head.

Thanks

Thanks

• TraceyUSA
    TraceyUSA Member Posts: 316
    Options
    Hello Tracy

An unfortunate welcome to you.  I have been reading some of your other recent posts.  The best advice I can give you is to take one day at a time.  It is all overwhelming and scarey.  Everyone reacts differently and has different side-effects of treatment.  You will get through this.  I am almost 3 years post treatment (I was T2 or 3/N0/M0) and am doing well.  

• Tracy figg
    Options
    TraceyUSA said:

Hello Tracy

An unfortunate welcome to you.  I have been reading some of your other recent posts.  The best advice I can give you is to take one day at a time.  It is all overwhelming and scarey.  Everyone reacts differently and has different side-effects of treatment.  You will get through this.  I am almost 3 years post treatment (I was T2 or 3/N0/M0) and am doing well.  

Thanks it is alot. it hard

Thanks it is alot. it hard because no one in my family really wants to talk about it and im one of those poeple that feel better when i talk about things though and ask questions and look up thing. Thanks every one

• Ouch_Ouch_Ouch
    Ouch_Ouch_Ouch Member Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Hello to you.

I'm sorry for the reason that you had to find this forum, but I'm happy that you did. The information is very straight forward. There's no dicey stuff here.

I took 5-FU and Mitomycin. My hair stayed put until about a week after the first nadir during my 2nd hospitalization for neutropenic fever. Then it came out in globs. (Happily, most people don't have to be hospitalized during the treatment.) When it grew back some months later, it was somewhat darker (still is) and curly to the extent that I had actual ringlets for 10 months. The curls died out after that. If you find that you have "chemo curls" growing in and have no idea how to care for them, http://www.naturallycurly.com/ helps both men and women tremendously, especially the forums.

The radiation also killed off my public hair. It has only grown back very sparsely to the extent that I remove the little bit that grows. By the way, the skin in my "diaper area" became a really sickening dead black color (really - black, not the beautiful skin tones that people of African descent have). It also eventually sloughed off in sheets. Painful! Talk to your radiation oncologist or the office's nurse for treatments.

My eyebrows thinned; my eyelashes were uneffected.

• csalek
    csalek Member Posts: 23 Member
    Options

Thanks it is alot. it hard

Thanks it is alot. it hard because no one in my family really wants to talk about it and im one of those poeple that feel better when i talk about things though and ask questions and look up thing. Thanks every one

hair loss

I have lost  most of my hair-when they say thinned....it could be very thin. Have a turban, scarf  or wig ready...I was not really prepared.