Real good news, and even better news

pamstayner
pamstayner Member Posts: 111 Member
edited January 2016 in Kidney Cancer #1

So, the Oncology visit and scan results were on Thursday.  Sutent is working, the tumors are smaller.  that is my really good news.  The even better news is I am moving on to Opvido infusions next week.  I finally made my ultimatium that since the Sutent is obviously working, I wanted the medical marijuana card, because I have had it with the side effects, only took two cycles for it to raise it's snarley head, and I have had it!  I am done.   Guess what,  the oncologist said NO.  He cannot write one for me... but he can move me on to the Opvido.  I will be the second kidney cancer patient at the cancer center to get the infusions, starting next week.  I am excited and feel good about moving on.  I think I feel more proactive and am so ready.

Pam

Comments

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    MMJ

Pam, Your cancer center should have a palliative care physician. Make an appt. with him/her. Most certifications go thru them. Your doctor may not certify you, but he cannot tell you no.

• Footstomper
    Footstomper Member Posts: 1,237 Member
    Sutent

Its a bugger isnt it? Kills off the cancer but the side effects can be foul. Having said that, there are some people who seem to be on it for years with ne side effect. Luck of the draw I guess.

• foroughsh
    foroughsh Member Posts: 779 Member
    Pam
    I'm very happy for you

Pam

I'm very happy for you and wish you all the best

Forough

• Jan4you
    Jan4you Member Posts: 1,330 Member
    foroughsh said:

Pam
    I'm very happy for you

Pam

I'm very happy for you and wish you all the best

Forough

YAAAY!!! Thanks for sharing

YAAAY!!! Thanks for sharing such good news!

HOPE to all!!

Jan

• Footstomper
    Footstomper Member Posts: 1,237 Member
    Sutent

Buy moist towelettes urgently

• Jojo61
    Jojo61 Member Posts: 1,309 Member
    Sounds like very good news!!

Sounds like very good news!! Thank you for the update.

I am curious to hear about your Opdivo experience as well.

Salud!

Jojo

• hardo718
    hardo718 Member Posts: 853 Member
    Jojo61 said:

Sounds like very good news!!

Sounds like very good news!! Thank you for the update.

I am curious to hear about your Opdivo experience as well.

Salud!

Jojo

Good Luck with your on-going battle

Makes me angry when I hear of a doctor that just says "NO".  That's like the doctor telling my 50 year old brother who was on his death bed with lung cancer a few years back that he didn't want to increase his opiates because he didn't want him to "become addicted"!  Really??  I'd lay dimes to dollars if it was that doctor fighting the battle you are, the response would be much different.  Best wishes and I'll keep you in my prayers.

Donna~