A good news day!

Options

Greetings Ladies!  I have held off coming to the Board until after I got the results of my labs and scan yesterday.  Things had been going well, and my labs for trhe last three months have been coming out good, but forwhatever reason that period right before a CT scan seems to surface every fear and doubting cell in my being (maybe something to do with starting my third year of chemo?).  Anyway....I am happy to report that my CA 125 has dropped to 13 (YAY!!!) and my CT Scan came back great!  A nodule on my liver that had shrunk from 9 mm to 4 mm on my last scan is now gone completely, my lymph nodes are all within normal range/stable and there is nothing new or suspicious anywhere!!!  My oncologist and I are having a phone conference later today but during our last two visits, we have started to talk about backing very slowly away from every 3 week chemo to more of a maintenance routine.  Right now I don't know what that looks like, but it is a happier place than where I've been!  They also know that I have been working with a naturopathic oncologist and do not want me to stop ("Whatever you are doing....DON'T STOP!").  It was such a happy joyous way to start the new year so I just wanted to let you know....never, never, never give up hope!  Stage IV UPSC are just words and numbers. Stay positive and resolve to live each day.  You never know what tomorrow will bring, and it just might be good news!!  My thoughts and prayers and encouragement are with all of you for a wonderful 2016!  Fodly, Helen

«1

Comments

  • What wonderful news.

    How great is that!  Enjoy your latest and greatest news. Hugs Nancy

  • Lou Ann M
    Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    What wonderful news.  I am so

    What wonderful news.  I am so happy for you.  It gives me hope.  Hugs and prayers, Lou Ann

  • Gardena
    Gardena Member Posts: 102
    Options
    Beautiful news, Helen. Thank

    Beautiful news, Helen. Thank you for sharing~

  • ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Gardena said:

    Beautiful news, Helen. Thank

    Beautiful news, Helen. Thank you for sharing~

    My day started off not so good

    but has improved as it went along.  Your fantastic news made me cheer, ALL RIGHT..  Good thing I'm alone right now!

  • TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,814 Member
    Options
    ConnieSW said:

    My day started off not so good

    but has improved as it went along.  Your fantastic news made me cheer, ALL RIGHT..  Good thing I'm alone right now!

    The BEST of News!

    That is incredible news! So happy for you. And, it brings such good vibes to the rest of us.

    Here's to a great 2016!

    Love and Hugs,

    Cindi

  • EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    This news made me so happy, I

    This news made me so happy, I cried!!  That is absolutely wonderful news!!!  (((Helen))) - let's do the happy dance!!!

    Love,

    Eldri

  • namedropper
    namedropper Member Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    That is great news. I am

    That is great news. I am sooooo happy for you.

     

  • Editgrl
    Editgrl Member Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Wonderful wonderful news!

    Thank you so much for sharing this.  You are right, this is a great way to begin the new year!

    Chris

  • Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Wonderful news Helen!

    Wonderful news Helen!

  • daylady
    daylady Member Posts: 122
    Options
    Thanks Everyone...

    Just a quick followup.  I did talk with my oncologist this morning and we decided to go for three more months on the 3 week cycle with Avastin and then if the next CT Scan also comes back good we will talk about going to a 6 week cycle and see what happens.  We both feel that backing away very slowly is going to be extremely important, and so does my naturopath.  It's OK by me a I'm having very few side effects with the Avastin and none with the supplements/mistletoe injections.  It's easy to stay with the program when it's working!  Thanks again for all your encouragement! - Helen

  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    daylady said:

    Thanks Everyone...

    Just a quick followup.  I did talk with my oncologist this morning and we decided to go for three more months on the 3 week cycle with Avastin and then if the next CT Scan also comes back good we will talk about going to a 6 week cycle and see what happens.  We both feel that backing away very slowly is going to be extremely important, and so does my naturopath.  It's OK by me a I'm having very few side effects with the Avastin and none with the supplements/mistletoe injections.  It's easy to stay with the program when it's working!  Thanks again for all your encouragement! - Helen

    Great news!

    Thank you for sharing!  Here's to continued good news!!

    Suzanne

  • Red Corvette
    Red Corvette Member Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Another brave

    Way to go! Another brave warrior battling this beast. Keep 'a goin'!

    Red

  • molimoli
    molimoli Member Posts: 514
    Options
    Helen,need I tell you both that my heart is dancing?

    Absolutely wonderful news.May you both continue to enjoy your lives to the fullest with continued showers of blessings.Your news is certainly spirit lifting to all.  Nuff Nuff love , Moli

  • Hopeful162
    Hopeful162 Member Posts: 82
    Options
    daylady said:

    Thanks Everyone...

    Just a quick followup.  I did talk with my oncologist this morning and we decided to go for three more months on the 3 week cycle with Avastin and then if the next CT Scan also comes back good we will talk about going to a 6 week cycle and see what happens.  We both feel that backing away very slowly is going to be extremely important, and so does my naturopath.  It's OK by me a I'm having very few side effects with the Avastin and none with the supplements/mistletoe injections.  It's easy to stay with the program when it's working!  Thanks again for all your encouragement! - Helen

    So happy...

    You really are beating the odds, if there is even any substance to them. Wonderful news after all this time, and I am so happy for you. Keep up the good work.

  • Cucu me
    Cucu me Member Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    daylady said:

    Thanks Everyone...

    Just a quick followup.  I did talk with my oncologist this morning and we decided to go for three more months on the 3 week cycle with Avastin and then if the next CT Scan also comes back good we will talk about going to a 6 week cycle and see what happens.  We both feel that backing away very slowly is going to be extremely important, and so does my naturopath.  It's OK by me a I'm having very few side effects with the Avastin and none with the supplements/mistletoe injections.  It's easy to stay with the program when it's working!  Thanks again for all your encouragement! - Helen

    So happy for you

    and you are giving me hope.

    Yesterday I had Lab, CT scan and My cancer is back. I finished chemo on October 9 last year.

    I'm starting new chemo on February 5.

  • daylady
    daylady Member Posts: 122
    Options
    Cucu me said:

    So happy for you

    and you are giving me hope.

    Yesterday I had Lab, CT scan and My cancer is back. I finished chemo on October 9 last year.

    I'm starting new chemo on February 5.

    Stay Strong!

    Believe me, I know how discouraging that is.  I highly recommend you get a copy of a book called Radical Remission by Kathleen Turner.  I read the book cover to cover at least a half dozen times in the last year and refer to it all the time.  The recommendations in the book are fabulous ways to help your own recovery.  I put many into practice.  Wishing you much strength and healing.  Hugs! - Helen

  • daylady
    daylady Member Posts: 122
    Options
    molimoli said:

    Helen,need I tell you both that my heart is dancing?

    Absolutely wonderful news.May you both continue to enjoy your lives to the fullest with continued showers of blessings.Your news is certainly spirit lifting to all.  Nuff Nuff love , Moli

    Thanks so much Moli.  I have

    Thanks so much Moli.  I have my six month appt. with my surgeon next Friday and I know she will be pleased.  I spoke with my oncologist yesterday and we both agreed not to change anything in my treatment plan for the time being and allow another scan cycle to run through.  What I am doing is causing no serious side effects at all, basically I feel fine.  A few aches and pains but nothing that keeps me from doing anything.  Right now I feel if I were to change anything it would be a little like taking the bullets out of your gun while a grizzley bear is still sleeping on my front porch.  I want to be convined it is bored and has left the area before changing anything.  So I'm hanging in but knowing the news is good news makes a lot easier.  Take good care of you, think of you often!!  Hugs, Helen

  • Gardena
    Gardena Member Posts: 102
    Options
    Cucu me

    I'm sorry to hear your cancer is back. I think it is everyone's greatest fear. I'm currently going thru my initial treatment,  just had my 5th chemo infusion,  and wonder all the time if it's being eradicated, if it will retufn, if and when I'll he done w this beast.  I hope you are holding up well w this latest development. I'm sending love and light your way. 

  • EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    daylady said:

    Stay Strong!

    Believe me, I know how discouraging that is.  I highly recommend you get a copy of a book called Radical Remission by Kathleen Turner.  I read the book cover to cover at least a half dozen times in the last year and refer to it all the time.  The recommendations in the book are fabulous ways to help your own recovery.  I put many into practice.  Wishing you much strength and healing.  Hugs! - Helen

    I just ordered the book and

    I just ordered the book and can't wait to read it!!  Thanks for the recommendation.

    Love, 

    Eldri

  • molimoli
    molimoli Member Posts: 514
    Options
    daylady said:

    Thanks so much Moli.  I have

    Thanks so much Moli.  I have my six month appt. with my surgeon next Friday and I know she will be pleased.  I spoke with my oncologist yesterday and we both agreed not to change anything in my treatment plan for the time being and allow another scan cycle to run through.  What I am doing is causing no serious side effects at all, basically I feel fine.  A few aches and pains but nothing that keeps me from doing anything.  Right now I feel if I were to change anything it would be a little like taking the bullets out of your gun while a grizzley bear is still sleeping on my front porch.  I want to be convined it is bored and has left the area before changing anything.  So I'm hanging in but knowing the news is good news makes a lot easier.  Take good care of you, think of you often!!  Hugs, Helen

    Too funny Helen.That bear better find a mountain.

    Bullet stays in the gun my sister,as you'll stay in my prayers. Moli