Well, a new story begins......Final Update

Options
13»

Comments

• jcortney
    jcortney Member Posts: 503
    Options
    Well folks, it didn't work

Well folks, it didn't work (for me).  After 4 months there has been no improvement and this last scan showed growth in the large tumor under my tongue that has been stable for months.  So, I'm off the PD-1 Keytruda trial and back on to conventional chemo starting next week.

We'll see if we can't again reduce this mass and wait for something else to pop up.

On a positive note,  Keytruda applied today for commercial approval for Head & Neck patients.  In the trial I was in, about 40% of the patients saw improvement.  So good news for those of you who are running out of options.  The drug is expected to hit the market in August.

Good Luck Everyone

J.

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Options
    jcortney said:

Well folks, it didn't work (for me).  After 4 months there has been no improvement and this last scan showed growth in the large tumor under my tongue that has been stable for months.  So, I'm off the PD-1 Keytruda trial and back on to conventional chemo starting next week.

We'll see if we can't again reduce this mass and wait for something else to pop up.

On a positive note,  Keytruda applied today for commercial approval for Head & Neck patients.  In the trial I was in, about 40% of the patients saw improvement.  So good news for those of you who are running out of options.  The drug is expected to hit the market in August.

Good Luck Everyone

J.

J thanks for the update, and truly sorry about the results.

I was hoping this would work and take care of it. Very sorry to hear it didn't for you. Will keep my fingers crossed the chemo will stop it, and hope to reduce it as well. As always you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Bill

• swopoe
    swopoe Member Posts: 492
    Options
    jcortney said:

Good Luck Everyone

J.

Sorry to hear this news, as I

Sorry to hear this news, as I have been following your story. I hope the conventional chemo works to reduce the tumor size. All my best wishes and prayers for you.

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    Options
    good thoughts

Joe,

I am sorry the results of this treatment were not better.  I hope a revisit to the traditional are positive for you.  I always hope the best for you.  Good things do happen.

In your corner,

Matt

• MrsBD
    MrsBD Member Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    jcortney said:

Good Luck Everyone

J.

Hope

I'm sorry Keytruda was not the answer for you and it's back to the old standby chemo. You are in my prayers for a successful outcome with minimal side effects. 

• Barbaraek
    Barbaraek Member Posts: 626
    Options
    jcortney said:

Good Luck Everyone

J.

Thank you Joe

for participating in the trial and helping learn more about how to fight this disease. Your courage is awesome. Continued prayers for a good response with other treatments - hopefully with manageable side effects. I'm so sorry that Keytruda was not the answer for you. 

Barbara

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Options
    jcortney said:

Good Luck Everyone

J.

Well..........................crap!

I was SO praying that keytruda would do its magic on you.  The other chemo was holding the tumor down, so...like you said....until something else pops up......I'm just sorry you have to feel crumby again.  They are working on immunology drugs all over the place....so keep your chin up. 

Hugs.

p

• Grandmax4
    Grandmax4 Member Posts: 723
    Options
    rollercoaster

your story is such a roller coaster ride, Joe. Praying that you will reach that final hill and fly down it well & fit