Rectal Cancer Rad/Chemo done but instead of surgery-to try alternative medicine??

Options

I am new to the forum, just joined today, my name is Cynthia.

My brother Robert has rectal cancer that was diagnosed in September 2015 and this week just finished Radiation/Chemo 1st wave and 2nd wave of Chemo liquid.  He is going to have to have surgery because the doctors/surgeon tell him the mass is in his rectal colon area and can't save the anus because it is to close to the muscle if they have to cut out like a foot of the colon intestines.  And he will have to have a colostomy bag for the rest of his life.  I have been researching for several weeks (given knowledge of this) for alternative medicine for him instead of the surgery.  I am just so scared of the after affects for him as well as he is super scared of the whole procedure and living this lifestyle too.  I have been informed to watch The Truth About Cancer the 9 videos out on YouTube where you learn about the whole affect of the cancer situation.  It opened my eyes so much and I can understand how things are caused by our lifestyle too.  My brother had changed his eating lifestyle many many years ago if what he eats and drinks.  I think with all this chemo he received is why he only had little side effects not like other people who are so terrible sick.  He does a lot of reading about the chemo medicine and anything he is taking to make him aware of what other things he needs to do or eat to minimize the side effects.  So he is very observant on his diet, cooking at home, no outside Fast Food type or any High Fructose Syrup or GMO type, things like that.

Oh!  I am 58 yrs old and my brother is 62 yrs. 

So I have been researching the alternative medicine like Vitamin B17, more Vitamin D, C and a few others and Apricot seeds.  I started him B17 January 15 (and I started to take them myself as a prevented measure as well).  I even communicated with a lady in Colorado on YouTube who survived 2 years 3 months now with taking B17 such after having a mass of tumor because she didn't want to go for the Chemo treatment.  She said the mass disappeared for her after 10 weeks with using B17.  And she is cancer free from what I mention before.

Did anyone out there elected not to have surgery but maybe did the Radiation and Chemo then turn to alternative medicine and kill all the cancer in their body?  That is my question.

I know my brother's tumor did shrink from the beginning to now through the scopes they have done from the beginning to the last one.  But I know getting the Radiation and Chemo still is very dangerous for our bodies from the videos I have been listening too but again that the standard norm in this world that they will only do for you.  And not really help you resolve why the cancer cells came to life unless you change your lifestyle in many ways other than just eating right.

I know my brother will have to make the final decision yes or no on the surgery and see if the alternative medicine will cure him besides him changing more of his lifestyle and put him back to a healthy state.

I have been researching every single day looking for articles and videos for help for him because I don't want him to have this surgery if we can correct the issue without it.  I will do whatever I have in my power to help him get through this. 

We are super close and he is my only family member close to me left.

I do respect everyone opinion's how things should go in life but am curious to find somebody to talk too that understands where I am coming from in helping my brother get through this illness.

Thank you in advance for any comments offer.

Cynthia

Comments

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Cynthia

I am sorry to hear that your brother has had to go through this treatment and that his doctor has recommended surgery.  I will tell you up front that I do not have much faith in alternative medicine.  I had 6 weeks of radiation and 2 rounds of chemo in 2008 for anal cancer and so far, so good for me.  However, I do understand that the usual treatment of APR surgery with colostomy, should my cancer recur in the anal canal, would be necessary.  I have always feared having to have surgery with a colostomy, so I do understand why you and your brother are looking for a way to avoid this.   I wish there was some magic bullet out there to cure his cancer, but I am not aware of one.  I wish him all the very best and you too.

Martha 

• cynthiaangel22
    cynthiaangel22 Member Posts: 5
    Options
    mp327 said:

Cynthia

I am sorry to hear that your brother has had to go through this treatment and that his doctor has recommended surgery.  I will tell you up front that I do not have much faith in alternative medicine.  I had 6 weeks of radiation and 2 rounds of chemo in 2008 for anal cancer and so far, so good for me.  However, I do understand that the usual treatment of APR surgery with colostomy, should my cancer recur in the anal canal, would be necessary.  I have always feared having to have surgery with a colostomy, so I do understand why you and your brother are looking for a way to avoid this.   I wish there was some magic bullet out there to cure his cancer, but I am not aware of one.  I wish him all the very best and you too.

Martha 

Thank you so much Martha for

Thank you so much Martha for your comment and understanding.  As I mention I do respect everything opinion of what they believe in and such.  But thank you for telling me your story, I certainly appreciate it talking to me and I do wish you much success that you remain cancer free for the rest of your life.

Cynthia

• cynthiaangel22
    cynthiaangel22 Member Posts: 5
    Options
    mp327 said:

Cynthia

Martha 

Thank you so much Martha for your comment and understanding.  As I mention I do respect everything opinion of what they believe in and such.  But thank you for telling me your story, I certainly appreciate it talking to me and I do wish you much success that you remain cancer free for the rest of your life.

Cynthia

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

Cynthia

Cynthia

Thank you so much.  We all have our opinions.  I wish you and your brother the very best.

Martha