Another year goes by

Options
ron50
ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member

Anniversary today, my cancer was removed on this day in 1998 , so ends year 18 of survival , start year 19. Ron Best wishes to all still in treatment.

Comments

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Man, 1998 seems a lifetime

Man, 1998 seems a lifetime ago, it's when we move to this house, the kids were still kids, and the road just led upward, definitly a high point for Cindy and I, on this roller coaster life. Glad your still here Ron, the blog needs it's old timers..........................Dave

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

Dear Ron,

I know that the lingering effects of the treatments you received have made these last 18 years really tough.  I can only wish that in the years to come there are treatments to help bring more of the good things into your life.

My heartfelt thanks to you for continuing to post here.  It means the world to all those you have responded to over the years.

Hugs and love,

Marie who loves kitties

• maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    Options
    ah and the wild colonial boy

ah and the wild colonial boy lives on......well done Ron....19 years so hard to believe....this the start of my 16th....wish that I were not facing down a ton of more treatment but that's the way she goes.  We have a ton of snow as usual and the whole town gets sick with colds and flu....light deprivation sets in and then depression......send my a wee spot of sunshine dear Ronnie.....

sending all the very best, mags

• impactzone
    impactzone Member Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Congrats and celebrate!

Congrats and celebrate!

• ron50
    Options
    maglets said:

ah and the wild colonial boy

ah and the wild colonial boy lives on......well done Ron....19 years so hard to believe....this the start of my 16th....wish that I were not facing down a ton of more treatment but that's the way she goes.  We have a ton of snow as usual and the whole town gets sick with colds and flu....light deprivation sets in and then depression......send my a wee spot of sunshine dear Ronnie.....

sending all the very best, mags

No worries mags

We are expecting35-37 c tomorrow ,I can send you enough warmth to melt the ice cap. What I wouldn't give for just one day of snow.  I know you are going thru a rough patch at the moment mate I hope it is just another speed bump that you will overcome, Hugs Ron.

• ron50
    Options
    Thanks everyone

I appreciate you all,We are a unique community, Thanks again.Ron.

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,800 Member
    Options
    I want to be like you, too

I know, it has not been an easy 18 years, but your strength is just amazing. 

I would love to see 18 years, but don't know how strong I would be facing the kind of struggles that you have and do face. 

image  Here's to 18 more, and may they be somewhat less of a struggle. 

Sue - Trubrit

• Easyflip
    Easyflip Member Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Congrats Ron

You are a tough guy! Keep it up, do something to celebrate. You give us all hope, thanks.

Easyflip/Richard

• GSP2
    GSP2 Member Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi Ron. One cannot ignore

longevity like that. Congrats from me as well. Make the most of it!

• sflgirl
    sflgirl Member Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    A great anniversary

Even with your on going challenges I know you can appreciate a beautiful sunrise and be grateful for the day.  Thanks for posting all this time, you give us all hope.

• vtspa6
    vtspa6 Member Posts: 172
    Options
    18 years and still kicking

18 years and still kicking cancer's rear!!  How wonderful!!

• NewHere
    NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Keep On Rockin'

On to 20 shortly for you :)

• Cathleen Mary
    Cathleen Mary Member Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    NewHere said:

Keep On Rockin'

On to 20 shortly for you :)

Wow! You have just sent a

Wow! You have just sent a blast of hope theough this forum. Thank you.  I know the years have not always been kind to you...I wish more health and good times for you. 

CM

• HollyID
    HollyID Member Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Ron

I've always enjoyed reading your survival posts!  I had a wee bit of a relapse, but am NED once again!!  Congrats, mate!  

• tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Long time!

Congratulations on so many years of survival!

*hugs*

Gail

• PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options
    Wow!

That's quite an accomplishment Ron. I know your journey hasn't been easy by any means yet you continue to offer wisdom and inspiration to so many of us. Thank you and here's to many more years!

-p

• fedester
    fedester Member Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Congrats Ron

Hey Mate,

Wow 18 years !!!!

Quite an accomplishment my friend. All the best and here is to 18 more years!!

Regards

Bruce

Never, ever give up !!!!!

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    Options
    Ron, your journey has been

Ron, your journey has been difficult but you're still around to talk about it and I'm so happy for you. You give us all hope, thank you. Continued strength in the fight! You rock!!

Jan

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    Options
    Happy anniversary, Ron!

We're very glad you are still here to celebrate it with us!

Big hugs~AA

• UncleBuddy
    UncleBuddy Member Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Happy anniversary!

You give hope to so many. I know it's been a tough road, but I'm glad you're here to share your stories with us. Thanks.