My mom recovery from surgery

My mother has surgery and we found out she was stage 4 b. As hard as that was to hear I saw something in her doctor that I have never seen before, hope. She is to start chemo as soon as she recovers from surgery and puys a little weight on. She is going to beat this and she will go into remission. This is just a little set back and we are going to stick to the plan even if her prognosis is a little bit worse then we originally thought. We are going to kick cancer's butt and she will live a long time. Can I please hear from anyone that has gone into remission from stage 4b, I would really appreciate it. Thank you and keep your chin up, there is always someone who may have it worse. Thank you all for your kind words of support. I could not get through this without you.

Comments

• takingcontrol58
    takingcontrol58 Member Posts: 272 Member
    In remission from Stage 4b metastatic EC

I'm very sorry about your mother's diagnosis.  I understand the shock. In Nov 2014, I had my hysterectomy (also had small tumor on outer rectum and small spots
    on ovaries). Was Stage 3.

Two months later, right before treatment, Jan 2015, my cancer metastasized to Stage 4b - 34cm of tumors (on liver, spleen, outer rectum, plus nodules in various sites).
    I went from "we think we got it all" to a death sentence. The radiologist told my husband I had 4-6 mos to live.

Got on metformin after two chemo sessions ofTaxol/Carbol- after one month on metformin and my 3rd chemo session(Mar  2015), I was down
    to 4cm of tumors (without any surgery). I was working with an inteegrative oncologist who knows about metformin and cancer and insulin
    resistance (I was insulin resistant).

I am aslo on 44 supplements; some are specifically targeted to cancer.

I went into full remission in August 2015,  Only had 6 Taxol/Carbo treatments. Metformin is called a "magic" drug in
    an article in the National Institutes of Health (www.pubmed.gov) . Talk to her doctor about getting on the drug as soon as possible.

Key things for me;
    1) I never believed I was going to die 
    2) I put my life in God's hands.
    3) I worked with an integrative oncologist who thought "out of the box"
    4) I radically changed my lifestyle- radically changed my diet, eat minimal sugar, no processed food and alcohol only on special
    occasions. Am down 40lbs to the weight I was 20 years ago.
    5) Tried to find the root cause of the cancer,what was making it grow (for me I believe it was circulating insulin)
    6) Goal is to remove all the risk factors that caused the cancer in the first place so it doesn't come back. 
    7) Cancer is a life saving wake-up call. I think our body gives us cancer as a warning that something is very wrong inside and needs
    to be fixed.

Be very hopeful.  Your mother has to fight for her life.  She can go into remission.

Keep up the positive thoughts.

Takingcontrol58

• melwithbooks
    melwithbooks Member Posts: 12

In remission from Stage 4b metastatic EC

I'm very sorry about your mother's diagnosis.  I understand the shock. In Nov 2014, I had my hysterectomy (also had small tumor on outer rectum and small spots
    on ovaries). Was Stage 3.

Two months later, right before treatment, Jan 2015, my cancer metastasized to Stage 4b - 34cm of tumors (on liver, spleen, outer rectum, plus nodules in various sites).
    I went from "we think we got it all" to a death sentence. The radiologist told my husband I had 4-6 mos to live.

Got on metformin after two chemo sessions ofTaxol/Carbol- after one month on metformin and my 3rd chemo session(Mar  2015), I was down
    to 4cm of tumors (without any surgery). I was working with an inteegrative oncologist who knows about metformin and cancer and insulin
    resistance (I was insulin resistant).

I am aslo on 44 supplements; some are specifically targeted to cancer.

I went into full remission in August 2015,  Only had 6 Taxol/Carbo treatments. Metformin is called a "magic" drug in
    an article in the National Institutes of Health (www.pubmed.gov) . Talk to her doctor about getting on the drug as soon as possible.

Key things for me;
    1) I never believed I was going to die 
    2) I put my life in God's hands.
    3) I worked with an integrative oncologist who thought "out of the box"
    4) I radically changed my lifestyle- radically changed my diet, eat minimal sugar, no processed food and alcohol only on special
    occasions. Am down 40lbs to the weight I was 20 years ago.
    5) Tried to find the root cause of the cancer,what was making it grow (for me I believe it was circulating insulin)
    6) Goal is to remove all the risk factors that caused the cancer in the first place so it doesn't come back. 
    7) Cancer is a life saving wake-up call. I think our body gives us cancer as a warning that something is very wrong inside and needs
    to be fixed.

Be very hopeful.  Your mother has to fight for her life.  She can go into remission.

Keep up the positive thoughts.

Takingcontrol58

Thank you

just hearing your story gives me hope. I am not giving up when this all started we were ready for the fight of our lives. I cannot thank you enough.