cancer at 22 years old possible. sonogram tomorrow

2»

Comments

• leighaa93 said:

thank you for all of the replies

So after thinking about it i think i am going to call the dr monday and just go ahead and tell herbi would liek to get it done now. I mean best case scenario its nothing. But you are right qhy wait. I mean atleast i will know. 

Look out for yourself

PLEASE don't worry about what people think. You and two small children need to do whatever makes your life easier and less stressful. The biopsy is a simple outpatient proceedure and your peace of mind is priceless. I think you are doing the right thing. Just make sure they do an excisional biopsy and not a fine needle aspiration.

Best of luck. You remind me of my daughter who is 27. I will be thinking of you. All my best wishes flowing your way.

• leighaa93
    leighaa93 Member Posts: 30
    unknown said:

Look out for yourself

PLEASE don't worry about what people think. You and two small children need to do whatever makes your life easier and less stressful. The biopsy is a simple outpatient proceedure and your peace of mind is priceless. I think you are doing the right thing. Just make sure they do an excisional biopsy and not a fine needle aspiration.

Best of luck. You remind me of my daughter who is 27. I will be thinking of you. All my best wishes flowing your way.

thank you

I am meeting with the surgeon on thursday the 11th to discuss everything. I know they said they were going to sedate me during the procedure. I had a dream last night that myvtest results were clear . and im hoping they will be. On another note my daughter started crawling yesterday ! D

Do you think they are doing biopsys of each swollen node ? I have two in my groin . one in each armpit and one in my neck ? 

Or do they just do one ?

How is everyone ? Hopefully good ?

• OO7
    OO7 Member Posts: 281
    leighaa93 said:

thank you

I am meeting with the surgeon on thursday the 11th to discuss everything. I know they said they were going to sedate me during the procedure. I had a dream last night that myvtest results were clear . and im hoping they will be. On another note my daughter started crawling yesterday ! D

Do you think they are doing biopsys of each swollen node ? I have two in my groin . one in each armpit and one in my neck ? 

Or do they just do one ?

Baby on the go, go!

Fabulous!

I'm well thanks for asking.  Your surgeon will give you more precise answers but I will guess he will get one of them.  When they went in for mine, what I thought was one large node was two.  A surprise to all of us.  Shockingly he only took one.  I was disappointed but that's what he did.

Had several, the ones in my jaw line perhaps saved my life.  My vanity got me to the Doctor.  I had another one in my armpit that was horribly visable but that for some reason went unnoticed for years by the Doctors.  Big mistake.

Treatment took care of the problem, so all is well.

Good luck and keep us posted!  Enjoy your little lovely!

Blessings

• leighaa93 said:

thank you

Or do they just do one ?

Good luck!

1 biopsy should do it!

• leighaa93
    unknown said:

Good luck!

1 biopsy should do it!

thanks for the replies

Glad to hear you are all doing well. My allergies are going crazy . my face is swollen and so are my lips. Im hoping i will be over whatever this cold is by thursday. The weatger here is hot and cold. 

Glad to knowtheyy will only do one probably.  

Thank you for the prayers. 

• DadysGirl
    DadysGirl Member Posts: 346
    Hi Sweetie, I've been reading

Hi Sweetie, I've been reading your posts among others. Wishing everyone health and happiness with mind and soul content as well. How did the biopsy go? I hope things went well. Please keep us posted. I hope you are doing well.

Regards.

• leighaa93
    Hi everyone update.

Hi I haven't been on here in a very long time. Just reset my password etc. so when I was at the doctor in ms they determined I had reactive lymph nodes.  Yesterday ( I am now moved to cali). I found my new primary physician and she ordered the follow up ultrasounds for Wednesday yet also ordered blood test yesterday for leukemia and lymphoma as well as to see if I have inflammation anywhere.  She doesn't think the nodes are much to worry about. I honestly can't tell if they have flgrown but they are still there. I also spoke to her because I have lost feeling in my breast and she's assured me breast reading does not cause that and that I have dense breast tissue. Very lumpy but doesn't feel any masses.  We are both lost as to why. I can literally pnch my areaola Or breast and have lost sensation.  ive also been having bouts of random nausea and shakiness off and on and she told me its hypoglycemia. They didn't do a diabetic test but told me to start eating spoon full of sugar when the symptoms happen. I was suppose to have my follow up ultrasounds of my axillary nodes in August but I have moved to cali. Sorry I haven't updated anyone in a while. 

• leighaa93
    Blood test

she said the reason she ordered blood test is because she believes the doctors in Mississippi may have been suspicious of leukemia or lymphoma but I'm staying optimistic.  I don't quite believe it's anything serious. But I will definitely update when I find out. 

• leighaa93
    Hi everyone.

I just want to say I hope you are all doing well (: 

• po18guy
    po18guy Member Posts: 1,465 Member
    leighaa93 said:

Hi everyone update.

Hi I haven't been on here in a very long time. Just reset my password etc. so when I was at the doctor in ms they determined I had reactive lymph nodes.  Yesterday ( I am now moved to cali). I found my new primary physician and she ordered the follow up ultrasounds for Wednesday yet also ordered blood test yesterday for leukemia and lymphoma as well as to see if I have inflammation anywhere.  She doesn't think the nodes are much to worry about. I honestly can't tell if they have flgrown but they are still there. I also spoke to her because I have lost feeling in my breast and she's assured me breast reading does not cause that and that I have dense breast tissue. Very lumpy but doesn't feel any masses.  We are both lost as to why. I can literally pnch my areaola Or breast and have lost sensation.  ive also been having bouts of random nausea and shakiness off and on and she told me its hypoglycemia. They didn't do a diabetic test but told me to start eating spoon full of sugar when the symptoms happen. I was suppose to have my follow up ultrasounds of my axillary nodes in August but I have moved to cali. Sorry I haven't updated anyone in a while. 

Allergies = inflammation

Allergies are an inflammatory immune system response, so you definitely have some inflammation occurring. This often includes enlargement of lymph nodes, as they are an integral part of our immune systems. It is all linked together, and the nodes are just doing their job. It would be more worrisome if your nodes did not react, as that might indicate a compromised immne system, which would place you at great risk of serious infection.