breast cancer at 22 years old

Options
2»

Comments

• leighaa93
    leighaa93 Member Posts: 30
    Options

I must say you are an

I must say you are an incredible woman – with such great strength. So between waiting and biopsy, I would like to suggest you should go for a biopsy.

thank you for all of the replies

Also thank you all for being so kind. I an going to call the doctor Monday and tell her i would rather just check it now.  What exactly do they do during a biopsy? Would i have to stop breast feeding ? Do they remove them all or just one ?

• jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    leighaa93 said:

Also thank you all for being so kind. I an going to call the doctor Monday and tell her i would rather just check it now.  What exactly do they do during a biopsy? Would i have to stop breast feeding ? Do they remove them all or just one ?

Biopsy

When a biopsy is done of a breast lump or lymph nodes a needle is inserted into the lump and a sample ofthe tissue/cells is removed. The lump itself is not removed. That is a different procedure entirely. The sample is then sent to a pathology lab for analysis. I was not breastfeeding when my biopsies were done so I can't answer your question about breastfeeding after a biopsy. Ask the doctor who does the biopsy. Good luck. 

IRENE

• Clementine_P
    Clementine_P Member Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    leighaa93 said:

I didn't wait

When I felt the mass in my breast I went to my OB/GYN.  She told me that she didn't think it was anything but if I wanted she would send me for a Mammo that day (my regularly scheduled mammo was scheduled for 3 months later).  I'm so glad I got the mammo and biopsy done right away.  Apparently the cancer was one millimeter from my chest wall.  Waiting the 3 months would certainly have put me in at least stage 3 (I was stage 2) and who knows what could have happened.  Getting the biopsy done right away may have saved my life.  I am so glad you opted to get it done now.  Hopefully it will turn out to be nothing, but better to be safe than sorry.

Clementine

• Teach76
    Teach76 Member Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Wait or don''the wait

I wonder what we are waiting for when we are told we can do so . . . Are we waiting for a situation to get better, go away, or get worse.  Of course, we would always like it to be one of the first two options, but what if it is the third?  It does not cost doctors or insurance any less if we wait, and I agree with other posts- the waiting is most difficult.  Why not get clarity sooner than later?  You are good to go back to the doctor and strong to persue your desires.

wishing you all the best!  Pregnancy and the year following can show us just as many changes in our bodies as other conditions.  It is only by getting all of the answers that you will be able to relax.

Kathy

• leighaa93
    Options
    Teach76 said:

Wait or don''the wait

I wonder what we are waiting for when we are told we can do so . . . Are we waiting for a situation to get better, go away, or get worse.  Of course, we would always like it to be one of the first two options, but what if it is the third?  It does not cost doctors or insurance any less if we wait, and I agree with other posts- the waiting is most difficult.  Why not get clarity sooner than later?  You are good to go back to the doctor and strong to persue your desires.

wishing you all the best!  Pregnancy and the year following can show us just as many changes in our bodies as other conditions.  It is only by getting all of the answers that you will be able to relax.

Kathy

hi

Sorry i havent replied in a while. I havent got in touch with the dr yet to schedule the biopsy yet. How are you all doing ? 

My head hasbeen hurting every day this week. Im writing it down to keep track but i keep getting really bad headaches. Im guessing it is stress related. Im not much of a medicibe person sobi havent taken medication because wgen i tried before it didnt help.  Anyhoo. 

Wanted to see how everyon. Is doing?

• camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    leighaa93 said:

hi

Sorry i havent replied in a while. I havent got in touch with the dr yet to schedule the biopsy yet. How are you all doing ? 

My head hasbeen hurting every day this week. Im writing it down to keep track but i keep getting really bad headaches. Im guessing it is stress related. Im not much of a medicibe person sobi havent taken medication because wgen i tried before it didnt help.  Anyhoo. 

Wanted to see how everyon. Is doing?

Glad to hear from you.

Hoping you can get in touch with the Dr's office to schedule an appointment.  If you call the office and tell them the Dr said to contact him/her to schedule a needle biopsy, they should be able to.  Mine just did it in her office and it took less than 30 minutes.  I had a few over the years and it is so much easier to know than to wonder and/or worry.  She told me more come back negative than positive!  

I wish you the best and congratulations on your baby.

• leighaa93
    Options
    camul said:

Glad to hear from you.

Hoping you can get in touch with the Dr's office to schedule an appointment.  If you call the office and tell them the Dr said to contact him/her to schedule a needle biopsy, they should be able to.  Mine just did it in her office and it took less than 30 minutes.  I had a few over the years and it is so much easier to know than to wonder and/or worry.  She told me more come back negative than positive!  

I wish you the best and congratulations on your baby.

thank you

I spoke with the dr. I am meeting with a surgeon on thursday the 11th.  To discuss what they are going to do.  I had a dream last night that all my results were clear so fingers crossed they will be ! On another not my daughter started crawling on all 4's yesterday !!! Yay. Hope everyone is doing good. 

• jessiesmom1
    Options
    leighaa93 said:

thank you

I spoke with the dr. I am meeting with a surgeon on thursday the 11th.  To discuss what they are going to do.  I had a dream last night that all my results were clear so fingers crossed they will be ! On another not my daughter started crawling on all 4's yesterday !!! Yay. Hope everyone is doing good. 

Making Progress

It certainly sounds like your daughter has moved out of what I used to call "the potted plant stage."  That is when a child is placed on the floor and remains in one spot like a potted plant. As much as you have waited for this milestone you will miss the safety of the potted plant days. 

I am glad you have made the appointment to get the unknown lumps and bumps checked out. Putting it off doesn't accomplish anything. May it all turn out to be insignificant. Good luck.

IRENE

• leighaa93
    Options

Making Progress

It certainly sounds like your daughter has moved out of what I used to call "the potted plant stage."  That is when a child is placed on the floor and remains in one spot like a potted plant. As much as you have waited for this milestone you will miss the safety of the potted plant days. 

I am glad you have made the appointment to get the unknown lumps and bumps checked out. Putting it off doesn't accomplish anything. May it all turn out to be insignificant. Good luck.

IRENE

potted plant

Aw thank you. And yes lol . i know she is growing so fast. I deff have to keep a close eye. Sheshas  been. Crawling all the way across the living room and trying to follow her brother around.  

Nowbi am going to have my hands full chasung to little ones haha. I love my kiddos. 

They are everything to me. 

Iglad i am meeting with the doctors as well. 

Hope for thw best prepare for the worst, right?

Just trying to stayoptimistic although i am a bit scared. 

• ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181
    Options
    Prayers

I am Praying for great results

• leighaa93
    Options
    ppurdin said:

Prayers

I am Praying for great results

thank you for the prayers

I really appeeciate it. 

• Teach76
    Teach76 Member Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Adding prayers

Just adding prayers for your appointment today.  May the plan be manageable.  I know with little ones it is hard to imagine handling yourself and them.  Please let others help you as much as possible.  You will "be there" for lots of cuddles and laughter, so enjoy those moments while others are cooking, cleaning, and washing.  

Blessings!

Kathy

• jessiesmom1
    Options
    Teach76 said:

Adding prayers

Just adding prayers for your appointment today.  May the plan be manageable.  I know with little ones it is hard to imagine handling yourself and them.  Please let others help you as much as possible.  You will "be there" for lots of cuddles and laughter, so enjoy those moments while others are cooking, cleaning, and washing.  

Blessings!

Kathy

How Did Your Appt Go?

I just realized it has been over a week since you were scheduled to see the doctor. We are all, of course, hoping that it went well but are concerned that we haven't heard from you. When you have a chance please let us know what is happening with you. Wishing only the best for you. 

IRENE

• runt1964
    runt1964 Member Posts: 33
    Options
    I hope you're doing ok

I really hope you're doing ok, I've been following your post and have seen you have also posted on the lymphoma side also.  i know it's scary been recently there with two swollen lymphnodes in my left armpit that are matted together, I have been one of the lucky ones so far and my biopsy  back clear.  Praying you have gotten good news. 

• leighaa93
    edited August 2016 #36
    Options
    Hello , sorry it has been so long.

So I was due to see a the doctor yeterday for a follow ip sonogram. I have moved to a different state now.  Last time I previously saw the doctor he said that I was feeling glandular tissue and it was hard. He said he wanted me to come back in August for a sonogram of my lymph nodes again.  If my nodes are still swollen they want to biopsy. Right now I'm currently working on getting insurance before I see a doctor.  I'm still nursing my daughter. Things have been going good. i hope all is well for everyone. Once again I apologize for not responding sooner.  I still have swollen nodes in my breast and armpits.  I think once I get insurance and I see a new doctor im just going to ask for a mammogram.  not stressed out nearly as much as I was before but just to be on the safe side.  How are you all doing ?

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    hugs and pixie dust..

hugs and pixie dust..

KEEP us updated..

Denise

• viviguqing
    viviguqing Member Posts: 4
    Options
    sorry to hear from your story

i am from KL malaysia, and i have a friends suffer from breast cancer too, she received the cancer treatment from the cancer hospitla in malaysia. Surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, but they had so much side effect. so her family let she go to modern cancer hospital guangzhou, china received minimally invasive Therapy, now she return, but she still fear of a relapse.

• jessiesmom1
    edited August 2016 #39
    Options
    leighaa93 said:

Hello , sorry it has been so long.

So I was due to see a the doctor yeterday for a follow ip sonogram. I have moved to a different state now.  Last time I previously saw the doctor he said that I was feeling glandular tissue and it was hard. He said he wanted me to come back in August for a sonogram of my lymph nodes again.  If my nodes are still swollen they want to biopsy. Right now I'm currently working on getting insurance before I see a doctor.  I'm still nursing my daughter. Things have been going good. i hope all is well for everyone. Once again I apologize for not responding sooner.  I still have swollen nodes in my breast and armpits.  I think once I get insurance and I see a new doctor im just going to ask for a mammogram.  not stressed out nearly as much as I was before but just to be on the safe side.  How are you all doing ?

Delay due to Insurance

There is no need to apologize for not responding to our posts sooner. With young children, moving, etc. life sometimes gets in the way.

I'm glad you are less stressed than when you first posted in January, but it does disturb me that it has been more than 7 months and your lymph nodes are still swollen and you still have no definitive diagnosis. At this point I am not sure what good a mammogram will do. You already know something is there. It seems like a breast MRI or a biopsy or even a PET/CT scan would give you clearer answers. The lumps in your armpit probably would not even be visible on a mammogram as they are outside of its field of vision. 

Hopefully you can get your insurance situation squared away soon and figure out what is going on with your health. I wish you only good things. 

IRENE