• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    Options
    Jan4you said:

EXCELLENT NEWS!!
    Well

EXCELLENT NEWS!!

Well deserved!

We'll be on your side fighing the fight along side you!!

JLF=Jan loves Fox!

Sending you healing vibes~gentle hugs!

Jan

good point

David made a great point in a message to me. Basically that since I was part of the drug trial for so long, I deserve a shot at nivo now. That sure is true. Having played the ginney pig has allowed others to benefit from the risk I took. Sort of another Karma.

and..I love you too Jan.

• angec
    angec Member Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Awesome news, Fox!  You are

Awesome news, Fox!  You are chromopobe righ?  You just might get that Harley out very soon!

Go Fox!

• foxhd
    Options
    angec said:

Awesome news, Fox!  You are

Awesome news, Fox!  You are chromopobe righ?  You just might get that Harley out very soon!

Go Fox!

Nope Ange

Clear cell all the way.  3rd day off votrient. Yah Hoo! It feels great. I hope my insurance is going to pay for this.

• nancybuck
    nancybuck Member Posts: 117
    Options
    Prayers are answered

I am so happy to read your post. I have tears of happiness for you and your awesome fight against this monster called cancer.\\

Love and hugs

Nancy

• angelsnls
    angelsnls Member Posts: 67
    Options
    foxhd said:

Nope Ange

Clear cell all the way.  3rd day off votrient. Yah Hoo! It feels great. I hope my insurance is going to pay for this.

Well done

Well done and good luck fox you deserve this. I am off votrient as well now due to progression and have been put on axitinib (inlyta) 

Take care and FLY fox

Angela x

• foxhd
    Options
    nancybuck said:

Prayers are answered

I am so happy to read your post. I have tears of happiness for you and your awesome fight against this monster called cancer.\\

Love and hugs

Nancy

off votrient

5th day off votrient. I feel so human! I am eating great and food is tasting awesome. I even feel stronger. My arm and leg hurt but that will be over shortly. Mentally I am pumped up like being told "You're gonna be a grandpa!" Absolutely no second thoughts what so ever. I can honestly say I haven't felt this good in at least several years. This brief drug holiday has made my gut feel as if nothing has ever been wrong. I'm giddy with excitement. I better take a new selfie while I still look like an Edgar Winter. Since I lost so much weight, I donated most of my clothes. It will be time for a new wardrobe. (big deal. t-shirts and jean shorts.)

I am so confident in nivo and radiation that I'm putting all my eggs in the same basket. I would worry if someone else did this. But I'm all in. Easy peazey. The concept of my cancer being a manageable chronic disease is only a little out of my grasp. But I can touch it. I can taste it. I am living the yang of confidence and excitement equal to the ying of a newbies fears when first diagnosed. I also think the timing is perfect. I get the rest of winter and spring to exercise. Light weights and yoga is where my effort will be focused. People have often asked me why I only use light weights in my exercise. The answer is, "because I can't pick up heavy weights!" (I use that line every chance I get.

I'm so glad I didn't sell my Harley. I have recovered my motor skills and my guitar playing. Working with tools is still a challenge but I am overcoming that too. My family is well, beer tastes good, and pizza is a gift from god. Simple pleasures for a simple man. Glenn Fry tells me it's a "Peaceful, easy feeling." Karma all around. Seconds for everyone!

FLY!!!!!

• danbren2
    danbren2 Member Posts: 311
    Options
    nancybuck said:

Prayers are answered

Love and hugs

Nancy

Great News!

Continuing Flying for us Fox, this is just another door that you are opening for all of us!!

Love to the greatest flyer!

Brenda

• Pandabear1011
    Pandabear1011 Member Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Fox....Your posts make me :)...

Just reading your posts make me happy. It is a warm, sunny day here in this part of Texas and I just have a really good feeling about your new treatment plan. Sending warm, sunny good vibes your way, Foxy!! Hugs, Panda

• BDS
    BDS Member Posts: 172
    Options
    Best of Luck

Just read your post, I am happy for you Fox. I wish you the best of luck in your return to treatment with Nivo. Believe me, I can really relate to dealing with the side effects of Votrient.  I glad your taste and appetite for pizza and beer have returned. Soon you will be getting your “fat” jeans out of the attic. Smile LOL –Take care - BDS   

• Srashedb
    Srashedb Member Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    foxhd said:

off votrient

5th day off votrient. I feel so human! I am eating great and food is tasting awesome. I even feel stronger. My arm and leg hurt but that will be over shortly. Mentally I am pumped up like being told "You're gonna be a grandpa!" Absolutely no second thoughts what so ever. I can honestly say I haven't felt this good in at least several years. This brief drug holiday has made my gut feel as if nothing has ever been wrong. I'm giddy with excitement. I better take a new selfie while I still look like an Edgar Winter. Since I lost so much weight, I donated most of my clothes. It will be time for a new wardrobe. (big deal. t-shirts and jean shorts.)

I am so confident in nivo and radiation that I'm putting all my eggs in the same basket. I would worry if someone else did this. But I'm all in. Easy peazey. The concept of my cancer being a manageable chronic disease is only a little out of my grasp. But I can touch it. I can taste it. I am living the yang of confidence and excitement equal to the ying of a newbies fears when first diagnosed. I also think the timing is perfect. I get the rest of winter and spring to exercise. Light weights and yoga is where my effort will be focused. People have often asked me why I only use light weights in my exercise. The answer is, "because I can't pick up heavy weights!" (I use that line every chance I get.

I'm so glad I didn't sell my Harley. I have recovered my motor skills and my guitar playing. Working with tools is still a challenge but I am overcoming that too. My family is well, beer tastes good, and pizza is a gift from god. Simple pleasures for a simple man. Glenn Fry tells me it's a "Peaceful, easy feeling." Karma all around. Seconds for everyone!

FLY!!!!!

Votrient

feeling just as good as being told you will be a grandpa captures joy so well; how wonderful to regain life's good things.

on a more serious note, how can a drug that causes such awful side effects  a negligible impact on cancer ?

So glad that you will be on  low side-effect med that has shown good promise for you,

Sarah

• Jan4you
    Jan4you Member Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    BDS said:

Best of Luck

Just read your post, I am happy for you Fox. I wish you the best of luck in your return to treatment with Nivo. Believe me, I can really relate to dealing with the side effects of Votrient.  I glad your taste and appetite for pizza and beer have returned. Soon you will be getting your “fat” jeans out of the attic. Smile LOL –Take care - BDS   

Hey hey EASY RIDER!! Glad to

Hey hey EASY RIDER!! Glad to hear you are feeling so much better. AND you can play guitar again?

WHOO HOOOO!!!!!!

I am so happy I have tears!! So well deserved my dear Foxy~

Hugs, Jan

• hardo718
    hardo718 Member Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    foxhd said:

off votrient

FLY!!!!!

SO happy for you...

....and thankful that you're feeling better.  Hope you don't mind I'm going to steal your line about the weights, that's awesome!!   I agree: pizza is a gift from God, altho I'll pass on the beer and substitute it with another gift from God....WINE!!  Cheers!

R.I.P. - Glenn Fry

Donna~

• Bellweather
    Bellweather Member Posts: 102
    Options
    Fly like an eagle

AWESOME, Keep us posted, as if I had to ask lol

• Dave418
    Dave418 Member Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    WOW, that's what i call

WOW, that's what i call optimism and confidence!! LIKE IT!!!!!!

Dave

• Footstomper
    Footstomper Member Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Dave418 said:

WOW, that's what i call

WOW, that's what i call optimism and confidence!! LIKE IT!!!!!!

Dave

Trial

Congratlations to an inpiration! I have a scan next week and I get the distinct impression that my Doc wants the mets to grow so that he can take me off the trial and put me on the Nivowhateveritscalledab. Quite simply it sounds like the dogs bollocks as far as cancer treatment goes

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    Options

Trial

Congratlations to an inpiration! I have a scan next week and I get the distinct impression that my Doc wants the mets to grow so that he can take me off the trial and put me on the Nivowhateveritscalledab. Quite simply it sounds like the dogs bollocks as far as cancer treatment goes

That sounds fantastic and I'm

That sounds fantastic and I'm so thrilled to read this, Fox. I'm also glad you didn't sell that Harley :)

• Jojo61
    Jojo61 Member Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    APny said:

That sounds fantastic and I'm

That sounds fantastic and I'm so thrilled to read this, Fox. I'm also glad you didn't sell that Harley :)

Foxy, your reports just keep

Foxy, your reports just keep improving! That makes us all want to celebrate along with you! Beer and all!

And the way the weathr is going, you will be able to ride your bike sooner than you think!

Salud!!

Jojo

• cakelady
    cakelady Member Posts: 63
    Options
    foxhd said:

off votrient

FLY!!!!!

This is lovely.

Your post made me cry. Good cry. I'm so happy for you.  Now maybe I won't need to offer my 'fattening up' services.

Congrats, Fox, so much, so many.

• alice124
    alice124 Member Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    foxhd said:

off votrient

FLY!!!!!

Just peeking in on you Fox

and had to tell you I am thrilled that you and nivo have reunited. Know that Baltimore is rooting for a repeat peerformance!

• Limelife50
    Limelife50 Member Posts: 476
    Options
    foxhd said:

off votrient

FLY!!!!!

Good Luck

Yep beer pizza and a Harley what a life