RIP David Bowie

Options
APny
APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member

If inappropriate thread the mods can remove it. Just woke up to the shocking news that he’s dead after an 18 month battle with cancer. Kept it secret amazingly enough. He was my youth and my idol and I saw every one of his concerts. I’m incredibly sad. RIP, Aladin Sane  

Comments

• Pandabear1011
    Pandabear1011 Member Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    So sad...

I was so sorry to read of his passing. His daughter with Iman is only 15....:(...I feel so sad for her. I have had his song Under Pressure stuck in my head all morning. I HATE CANCER!!!!!

• Positive_Mental_Attitude
    Options
    Does anyone know the type of

Does anyone know the type of cancer?

Lemmy Kilmister from Motorhead died of cancer on December 28, TWO DAYS after being told he had cancer.  Lemmy did not exactly live a clean and virtuous life, and he was lucky to live to 70, but dying two days after diagnosis is an abrubt end to life.

RIP David Bowie and Lemmy Kilmister.

• APny
    Options

Does anyone know the type of

Does anyone know the type of cancer?

Lemmy Kilmister from Motorhead died of cancer on December 28, TWO DAYS after being told he had cancer.  Lemmy did not exactly live a clean and virtuous life, and he was lucky to live to 70, but dying two days after diagnosis is an abrubt end to life.

RIP David Bowie and Lemmy Kilmister.

No one is saying what type

No one is saying what type yet. I'm just so amazed at how everyone kept it quiet. He obviously had to go for scans, xrays, checkups, and no one leaked a word to the gossip rags for almost 2 years. Amazing. And ITA about his little 15 year-old daughter. So terribly sad and yes, I hate ^%$# cancer too. Positive_M, yes, I heard about Lemmy too.

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    APny said:

No one is saying what type

No one is saying what type yet. I'm just so amazed at how everyone kept it quiet. He obviously had to go for scans, xrays, checkups, and no one leaked a word to the gossip rags for almost 2 years. Amazing. And ITA about his little 15 year-old daughter. So terribly sad and yes, I hate ^%$# cancer too. Positive_M, yes, I heard about Lemmy too.

Terrible news indeed. I was

Terrible news indeed. I was not only a fan of his music, but also admired his style, his personality, his happy marriage... And you are right, he kept everything in secret and continued to work, what a brave strong man. The only thing which can be of a bit of solace - he had a full wonderful life and will stay in our hearts and history of music forever.

RIP...

• mrou50
    mrou50 Member Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Shocked

I was shocked and hit hard with this, I loved David's music.  My wife asked me why I was upset and I told her what happened and that I was pissed off at cancer and tired of it.  This disease does not show prejudice nor mercy, we have spent billions and billions of dollars eliminating people and goverments that destroy the lives of other human beings, maybe it is time that governments spend that much money on getting rid of this F&*$ing disease.

• APny
    Options
    mrou50 said:

Shocked

I was shocked and hit hard with this, I loved David's music.  My wife asked me why I was upset and I told her what happened and that I was pissed off at cancer and tired of it.  This disease does not show prejudice nor mercy, we have spent billions and billions of dollars eliminating people and goverments that destroy the lives of other human beings, maybe it is time that governments spend that much money on getting rid of this F&*$ing disease.

Amen to that, mrou50.

Amen to that, mrou50.

• Footstomper
    Footstomper Member Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Liver Cancer

According to one of his last collaborators.

A life to be celebrated not a death to be mourned, methinks.

• APny
    Options

Liver Cancer

According to one of his last collaborators.

A life to be celebrated not a death to be mourned, methinks.

I agree. Absolutely. But I do

I agree. Absolutely. But I do mourn all that talent and the beauty of his music that will no longer be forthcoming. And I suppose I mourn my youth as well which was so much shaped by that talent and music.

• Footstomper
    Footstomper Member Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    APny said:

I agree. Absolutely. But I do

I agree. Absolutely. But I do mourn all that talent and the beauty of his music that will no longer be forthcoming. And I suppose I mourn my youth as well which was so much shaped by that talent and music.

And so say all of us...after

And so say all of us...after breathing out a sigh of relief ir wasnt RCC

• Jojo61
    Jojo61 Member Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I have always loved David

I have always loved David Bowie's music - although was never fortunate enough to attend any of his concerts. It was a punch in the gut to hear this news this morning - and even harder to hear that it was cancer that took this beloved artist.

I hate cancer....tired of losing so many people to this horrific disease.

Rest in peace, David.