Immune System Insulins

ffenner
ffenner Member Posts: 4

In 2015 I went through chemo treatment but had to temporary stop my treatment due to my immune system becoming very low at would place me in a life threaten status if I had continue with my chemo. 

I knew that I would have to complete my chemo treatment at some point so now that 2016 has arrived, the cancer remains but has grew in an aggressive format.  Me and my doctors have been trying to hold off on treatment to allow my immune system to build.  Although I have a balanced diet, exercise and have done many natural processes to maintain and boost my system and I continue to go back and forth with a poor immune system level.

In speaking with a few people who were in my situation advised me of an insulin that they took prior and after each chemo treatment and although they have stopped chemo treatment they continue to take the self injected insulin.

The challenge for me is that I forgot the names they told me and I not able to locate them individuals I spoke with due to meeting them in random places. 

Does any happen to know the various names of the insulin’s used to maintain and/or boost the immune system? 

Thanks for your assistance folks...

Comments

• nicotianna
    nicotianna Member Posts: 209
    immune system insulins

Hi - I have never heard of them.   What about immunotherapy as an option for you?

Nic

• ffenner
    ffenner Member Posts: 4

immune system insulins

Hi - I have never heard of them.   What about immunotherapy as an option for you?

Nic

Hi Nic - First, thanks for

Hi Nic - First, thanks for responding.  I am not sure what that is?  Is that in addition to the chemo treatment?  I just recieved the below names regarding various immune insulins to boost and maintain the immune system.  Have you or any heard of theses?

Self injected insulin’s to maintain and boost the immune system:

• Neulasta

• Immune Globulin Intravenous Injection

• Humulin R, Novolin GE Toronto

• HACC - Active Hemicellulose Compound

• nicotianna
    nicotianna Member Posts: 209
    ffenner said:

Hi Nic - First, thanks for

Hi Nic - First, thanks for responding.  I am not sure what that is?  Is that in addition to the chemo treatment?  I just recieved the below names regarding various immune insulins to boost and maintain the immune system.  Have you or any heard of theses?

Self injected insulin’s to maintain and boost the immune system:

• Neulasta

• Immune Globulin Intravenous Injection

• Humulin R, Novolin GE Toronto

• HACC - Active Hemicellulose Compound

immunotherapy

Have you noticed all the hoopla about Opdivo (nivolumab), Keytruda & others?  They are immunotherapy drugs.  Jimmy Carter has NED at this time for melanoma.  He rec'd Keytruda? along w/another drug possibly a chemo drug.  Google "immunotherapy".  Certain recepters on the cancer cells are blocked by the immunotherapy drug & trigger the immune cells to do their job.  (This is my interpretation.  Please forgive me for any errors!)  I think it can be given alone or with chemo.  Not sure!

Neulasta is used to increase wbc's.  It is a commonly used med.  It is not insulin.

IGG is immune gamma globulin but I am not sure exactly when this is used.  It is very expensive.  It is not insulin.

Humulin R is regular insulin that diabetics use for diabetes. I have never heard of using it for anything else.

HACC ---I know nothing about.

I hope this helps.

Nic

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member

immunotherapy

Have you noticed all the hoopla about Opdivo (nivolumab), Keytruda & others?  They are immunotherapy drugs.  Jimmy Carter has NED at this time for melanoma.  He rec'd Keytruda? along w/another drug possibly a chemo drug.  Google "immunotherapy".  Certain recepters on the cancer cells are blocked by the immunotherapy drug & trigger the immune cells to do their job.  (This is my interpretation.  Please forgive me for any errors!)  I think it can be given alone or with chemo.  Not sure!

Neulasta is used to increase wbc's.  It is a commonly used med.  It is not insulin.

IGG is immune gamma globulin but I am not sure exactly when this is used.  It is very expensive.  It is not insulin.

Humulin R is regular insulin that diabetics use for diabetes. I have never heard of using it for anything else.

HACC ---I know nothing about.

I hope this helps.

Nic

Low blood counts

I received Neupogen during my treatment at the point at which my blood counts dropped very, very low after my first round of chemo.  I was fortunate that I did not have to repeat the Neupogen injections for round 2.

• mxperry220
    mxperry220 Member Posts: 493 Member
    Consult With Your Doctors

I would suggest you discuss this with your doctors if you have not already done so.

Mike

• tanda
    tanda Member Posts: 174 Member
    Immune System

I'm so sorry to hear about your dilemma; however, I wouldn't do any sort of medical self treatment without consulting with your physicians.  Perhaps even seeking another opinion at a cancer center, if that is possible.  Where are you located and what is the chemo...have you finished with radiation?

Tanda