Sounding like a broken record

Options
debrajo
debrajo Member Posts: 1,095 Member

I haven't been able to find Susan P. (yet!) so I begain to miss others from this board.  Has anyone heard from Mom2greatkids or Cafewoman?  Mom has not been on since April of 15 and I guess I'm spelling CafeWoman wrong because I can find no record for her.  Someone, please, give us some good news!  Debra(Jo)

Comments

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Hi Debra:
    I haven't heard or

Hi Debra:

I haven't heard or seen anything on Susan P. or Mon2greatkids.  With regard to Cafewoman is it Cafewoman53?   

Kathy

• debrajo
    Options
    Kaleena said:

Hi Debra:
    I haven't heard or

Hi Debra:

I haven't heard or seen anything on Susan P. or Mon2greatkids.  With regard to Cafewoman is it Cafewoman53?   

Kathy

Thanks!

Thanks Kathy, and , yes, it is cafewoman53.  She logged on Nov. 30 so not too long ago.  If anyone has heard anything lets us know!  Thanks again Kathy!

• kikz
    kikz Member Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Is there

still a monthly check in?  Even on Facebook I think we haven't been doing it.  I think it's a good idea.

Karen

• debrajo
    Options
    kikz said:

Is there

still a monthly check in?  Even on Facebook I think we haven't been doing it.  I think it's a good idea.

Karen

We all, on all the boards

We all, on all the boards nead a monthly check-in.  Good idea Karen!  Thanks!  Debra

• lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    debrajo said:

We all, on all the boards

We all, on all the boards nead a monthly check-in.  Good idea Karen!  Thanks!  Debra

Hi Debra

I haven't heard from either women and in fact I was just thinking about Mom2GreatKids.  Also, has anyone heard from Mwee (Maria)?  A monthly check-in sounds like a good idea!

Kelly

• debrajo
    Options

Hi Debra

I haven't heard from either women and in fact I was just thinking about Mom2GreatKids.  Also, has anyone heard from Mwee (Maria)?  A monthly check-in sounds like a good idea!

Kelly

Thanks Kelly!  Since this is

Thanks Kelly!  Since this is your board, why don't you start a new post for a check in with anyone knowing the condition of any person they know that hasn't checked in lately?  Thanks again!!

• scatsm
    scatsm Member Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    debrajo said:

Thanks Kelly!  Since this is

Thanks Kelly!  Since this is your board, why don't you start a new post for a check in with anyone knowing the condition of any person they know that hasn't checked in lately?  Thanks again!!

I wonder where everyone is too

Hopefully it's been a busy holiday and they will be back.

I'm in for a monthly check-in!

Susan

• kikz
    kikz Member Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Cafewoman53 (Colleen)

is on FB.  She posted on January 1.  I believe she is doing ok.

Karen

• debrajo
    Options
    kikz said:

Cafewoman53 (Colleen)

is on FB.  She posted on January 1.  I believe she is doing ok.

Karen

Thank you Karen!  And Hi to

Thank you Karen!  And Hi to Susan!  This is great!

• pandagypsy
    pandagypsy Member Posts: 113
    Options
    CHECKING IN!

You know, that is a great idea. I often wonder how familiars are doing. As for me, yes, it has been a busy time. The holidays weren't much of an issue, since I declared this a "no gift" Christmas!  Just the grandkids :) We have been sooooo busy helping an older friend of ours (actually 2 of them) with their OV cancer diagnosis.....one is very determined to keep up doing her own thing, and my husband helped by doing some minor home repairs, while I visited. The other lady isn't so lucky, she has a very aggressive fast growning tumor, has been thru rounds of radiation, chemo, rehydration, etc. She just got an ambulance ride to the  hospital on her birthday :( She is 84 years old and very weak; we have adopted her, since her husband has early althemizers (?) and has her 59 year old son (who has had by pass surgery, stroke, diabetic) living with her. I sit in on her Dr.s appointments and keep up with her schedule. What a stressful time we have taking her husband & son grocery shopping. She is not doing well now, and it's so hard since she has no family in the state.........I feel like the "healthy" one now............and our snowbird neighbor FINALLY went for some medical treatment for mylenoma......he couldn't breath so his wife drove him to the ER yesterday. We are now on "puppy duty" so she doesn't have to worry about her little doggy. Everyone needs a shoulder to lean on..........this board gives me strength when I need it.....thanks to everyone 

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

CHECKING IN!

You know, that is a great idea. I often wonder how familiars are doing. As for me, yes, it has been a busy time. The holidays weren't much of an issue, since I declared this a "no gift" Christmas!  Just the grandkids :) We have been sooooo busy helping an older friend of ours (actually 2 of them) with their OV cancer diagnosis.....one is very determined to keep up doing her own thing, and my husband helped by doing some minor home repairs, while I visited. The other lady isn't so lucky, she has a very aggressive fast growning tumor, has been thru rounds of radiation, chemo, rehydration, etc. She just got an ambulance ride to the  hospital on her birthday :( She is 84 years old and very weak; we have adopted her, since her husband has early althemizers (?) and has her 59 year old son (who has had by pass surgery, stroke, diabetic) living with her. I sit in on her Dr.s appointments and keep up with her schedule. What a stressful time we have taking her husband & son grocery shopping. She is not doing well now, and it's so hard since she has no family in the state.........I feel like the "healthy" one now............and our snowbird neighbor FINALLY went for some medical treatment for mylenoma......he couldn't breath so his wife drove him to the ER yesterday. We are now on "puppy duty" so she doesn't have to worry about her little doggy. Everyone needs a shoulder to lean on..........this board gives me strength when I need it.....thanks to everyone 

pandygypsy, what an angel you

pandygypsy, what an angel you are.  

• debrajo
    Options

CHECKING IN!

You are superwoman!  My gosh,

You are superwoman!  My gosh, made me tired reading!  But doesn't it feel good to help when and how ever you can?  Alsheimers is a tough one, my step-dad had it.  You are such a good friend to help out.  Don't get too over whelmed and neglect your health!  We need people like you with wide shoulders! Best, Debra(Jo)