Happy New Year

osmotar
osmotar Member Posts: 1,006
edited December 2015 in Head and Neck Cancer #1

Hi All ,

Wishing you all a Healthy & Happy New Year ....today is my 4 yr anniversary cancer free . It's  surreal in the fact that 4 years has passed , some days it seems like just yesterday . While I don't get to this site often , I think of you often, for those of you just starting this journey or still in the fight it's difficult but you can do it...stay positive , be proactive in your health care , and never be afraid to be afraid, this is some scary sh*t. 

Blessings and prayers to you all

Linda  

Comments

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member

Linda,

Happy (4 year) New Year to you!

4 years (post) is my next mile stone.

Matt

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Happy 4th year and sooo many more to come!!!!

We Are Survivors   

image                 Happy "NED" YEAR

• swopoe
    swopoe Member Posts: 492
    Happy 4 years! You are a

Happy 4 years! You are a Wonder Woman! Thank you for the prayers and blessings. 17/30 rads and 4/6 chemo done for my husband's tongue cancer... We are getting there day by day. Thanks for inspiring us.

happy new year everyone!

• osmotar
    swopoe said:

Happy 4 years! You are a

Happy 4 years! You are a Wonder Woman! Thank you for the prayers and blessings. 17/30 rads and 4/6 chemo done for my husband's tongue cancer... We are getting there day by day. Thanks for inspiring us.

happy new year everyone!

Thank You

I had stage IVa rt tonsil 1 lymph node involved , chemo cisplatin , toxetore  , and a 5FU pump every 21 days , the pump was attached for 5 days, for 3 months, then rads everyday for 7 1/2 weeks plus 1 infusion of carboplatin for each week of rads ...it is truly one day at a time ...good luck to your husband and strength for you as his caregiver . 

• osmotar
    wmc said:

Happy 4th year and sooo many more to come!!!!

We Are Survivors   

image                 Happy "NED" YEAR

Thanks

thank you 

• osmotar
    CivilMatt said:

Linda,

Happy (4 year) New Year to you!

4 years (post) is my next mile stone.

Matt

Thanks

thank you 

• the_wife
    the_wife Member Posts: 184
    Congratulations!

Congratulations on 4 years! Thanks for sharing your story. It's so nice to hear from other survivors. My hubby had a similar dx - stage 4 tonsil cancer w/1 lymph node. He also had chemoradiation, but with weekly doses of cisplatin over 7 weeks. It was pure hell, but we did it!

We are keeping our heads up. Got a clear scan - check! Got the tube out - check! Next big challenge will be going back to work. For him the fatigue and lack of taste and hunger are the huge hurdles right now, but as they say, time heals all wounds.

Wishing you a happy and healthy New Year and many more to come!

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Happy Happy New Year

Wow another year has come and gone and June of 2016 will make Ten years from the time my Oncla doc gave me 6 months to a year at best to live. Our doctors are truly a blessing but the final word if not in their hands.

I pray the God will bless everyone here on CSN H&N as we step into 2016.

Tim

• Laralyn
    Laralyn Member Posts: 532
    Happy New Year! :-)

Happy New Year! :-)