Chef Daddy Mike

Options
Hondo
Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member

For all of you who remember Chef Daddy Mike, I got a text massage from him today saying he has been in the hospital for the last month throwing up blood but the ER doctors could not find the reason why. Then a few days later he started to have pains in his gut, he went back to the ER this time they did a CT and told him he has Pancreatitis.

Pancreatitis is an inflammation in the pancreas. The pancreas is a long flat gland that sits tucked away behind the stomach in the upper part of the abdomen. The CT also showed blockage in the pancreas that is making the doctors believe it is cancer. Mike like most of us here has had nothing but hell to deal with for the last 4 years. So please keep him in your prayers, he is a good man and wonderful friend.

Tim

Comments

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Options
    Thanks for the update

I know sence I came on he has been having a very rough go of it. This is definitely not good news. He is in my thoughts and prayers. Hoping they get this coughing the blood stops fast and the pancreas ends up benign and hoping it's nothing to worry about. That would be nice.

Bill

• Barbaraek
    Barbaraek Member Posts: 626
    Options
    I don't know Mike

but will add him to the prayer list...along with all of you brave, courageous fighters here.

Barbara

• Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    PITP

Pain in the Pancreas...

I can relate.., if it's in the head of the pancreas, he's in for the same surgery that I had..., Whipple.. But it's a major surgery x3, so Mike may not be a candidate.. Thoughts and prayers it's just pancreatitis, and not cancer..

John

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

PITP

Pain in the Pancreas...

I can relate.., if it's in the head of the pancreas, he's in for the same surgery that I had..., Whipple.. But it's a major surgery x3, so Mike may not be a candidate.. Thoughts and prayers it's just pancreatitis, and not cancer..

John

Hi John

The bad part is that he is not in as good of health as you were when you had the treatment. Poor guy has been through hell for the last 5 years with nothing but problems and also having to help his Son. All I can do is to keep praying for him and reminding him we still all have a date with you to go fishing. Smile

Tim