phrannie update....

Options

Let's see....the neck dissection is now just little line on my neck....plus a lot of wrinkles...When I knew I was going to have this surgery, I was nervous I'd look like I'd had half a neck lift....I don't know how they managed to pull it so tight and yet leave wrinkles??  I feel like a baby bulldog...like I have to clean them separately from the rest of my bod....ha!

I had my mask made last Friday....that brought back memories....and the new material is thicker, more solid than the old stuff.  I'm going to try to do it without Ativan.  I was getting Amifostine last time, so I'd get Ativan with that every day.  I just want to be able to drive myself to and from, since I'm not getting chemo and I won't be full of anti-nausea meds.  The rads may be as short as 4 weeks.  I'm HOPING they call me next week to start, as I'm holding on to my dream of heading to Arizona Feb. 1. 

Saw my Oncologist yesterday.  He checked me all out and then asked if there was anything I had concerns about.  Yes, said I.  The last time I had treatment, ALL of my needs were taken care of my Oncology....be it chemo issues or radiation issues.  I told I was very nevous that I wouldn't get any support at radiation, an since I wasn't getting chemo....that I didn't know what to do.  He agreed, that they aren't much into "helping"...more into filing us through like cattle.  He said to come to Oncology with anything I need.  If I need hydration, come in....if I need MM, come in...no matter what I need, I'm welcome there.  Gawd, I love that guy!!

So....hopefully the radiation mapping will happen on Monday, and I'll get a couple days in before the new year starts. 

Oh....oh....ya know, I decided that with this recurrence, and the fact that I was still within 90 days of my birthday, I could maybe change my Medicare Plan to a no deductable one.  So I went into an insurance company and asked.  They said "Well, lets try it....you'll be an experiment....you have a pre-existing condition, and they might deny you".  I GOT IT!!...No exclusions!  I called the insurance company and told the girl there....and she was like "what??!!!"  So now, I can just waltz in and out of Dr.'s offices and not worry and wait for a bill.  What a relief!

Comments

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Options
    PS.....

I want every one here to have a wonderful Christmas.....and head into the new year with peace and positive thoughts.  We all kick serious **** around here!!

I love you all.

p

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas

P,

Filing in like cattle and waltzing out like a ballerina, you got to love Big Sky Country.

Good luck with treatment, medications, driving and Arizona on the 1st of February.

Love you,

Matt

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Options
    Thanks for the update

Yes it makes all the difference when you have a compassionnet docter.

Bill

• ditto1
    ditto1 Member Posts: 660
    Options
    wmc said:

Thanks for the update

Yes it makes all the difference when you have a compassionnet docter.

Bill

Merry Christmas

Well sounds like you have it all under control P, Diane and I have you in our prayers.   Merry Christmas to you and all our friends on this site.

Doug

• TracyLynn72
    TracyLynn72 Member Posts: 839
    Options
    You go girl!

So glad to read all of this :)  I hope you have a fantastic Christmas and are able to go to Arizona on 2/1!  <3

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Hi P

Thanks for sharing your up-date with us, I know for me I will be keeping you in prayer all the way through. Merry Christmas to you and all of our family here on CSN

Tim

• kdot2003
    kdot2003 Member Posts: 143
    Options
    Thank you for updating

Thank you for updating us!!!!! I think its great news!!

• Barbaraek
    Barbaraek Member Posts: 626
    Options
    Hi Phrannie

Sounds like your oncologist is a good team player and will take care of you....he better or this crew will be mighty angry with him! Way to go on the insurance! It's noce to hear a good insurance story for a change.

Hopefully you can start soon so you can feel like you're on the way...it's hard to wait. Please keep us updated as we will all be putting in overtime prayers for you. 

New Year's resolution for you "Kick that cancer to the curb".

Barbara

• Mikemetz
    Mikemetz Member Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Good on Ya!

Good to see you are in such good spirits as you face Round 2.  We're all rooting for you.

Mike

• Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options

PS.....

I want every one here to have a wonderful Christmas.....and head into the new year with peace and positive thoughts.  We all kick serious **** around here!!

I love you all.

p

Ummm...

Can I have a woohoo... WOOHOO... <3

• tommyodavey
    tommyodavey Member Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Mikemetz said:

Good on Ya!

Good to see you are in such good spirits as you face Round 2.  We're all rooting for you.

Mike

All the Best to You!

It breaks my heart to know you are going into this storm again.  Didn't we just get through with it the last time?  Time flies and one never knows what's in store for us.

You have everyone (I hope) praying for you Phrannie. 

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Tom

• MrsBD
    MrsBD Member Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Well, since you feel like a

Well, since you feel like a bulldog,  we better keep you on a leash instead of in the pocket! Seriously though, I'm happy things are going your way with the medical support and insurance. I'll be praying your treatment will start soon and side effects will be minimal. 

• hwt
    hwt Member Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    MrsBD said:

Well, since you feel like a

Well, since you feel like a bulldog,  we better keep you on a leash instead of in the pocket! Seriously though, I'm happy things are going your way with the medical support and insurance. I'll be praying your treatment will start soon and side effects will be minimal. 

Good luck

Prayers for a smooth journey. Sending hugs your way.

Candi

• Duggie88
    Duggie88 Member Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Hi Phrannie

Been thinking about you and your battle. Sounds your in a serious kick a-- mode. Especially when the insurance crap is out of the way and you can totally concern yourself with tretment. It's right after Christmas and my pockets are pretty empty so there is planty of room for Phran.

We are all pulling for ya..............kick some butt.

Jeff

• Kent Cass
    Kent Cass Member Posts: 1,898 Member
    Options

You go girl!

So glad to read all of this :)  I hope you have a fantastic Christmas and are able to go to Arizona on 2/1!  <3