Cramping

RozHopkins
RozHopkins Member Posts: 578 Member

Hi everyone.  Been on and off site for five years.  Bilateral Infiltrating Lobular.  Since surgery around five years ago now, getting cramping in the ribs.  Can happen any time sitting, lying or standing.  Very uncomfortable and wondering about bone mets has any one any thoughts or could tell me if they felt any signs of having mets to ribs.  I can't figure bone loss in hips would cause it, nor arthritis, or exercise.   Doesn't feel what I would expect a heart problem wouldd be either.  Had a bone scan some two or three years ago and nothing seen, kind of hard to pin down.  Was suggested once that this is an area that craves estrogen which is not there now and you do get pain there and many other 'spots'.

Would appreciate advice please.

Comments

• RozHopkins
    Plus MERRY CHRISTMAS

Plus MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone.  Celebrating in what appears a very warm Florida this year.  Had to scramble for some last minute shorts.  Take care all. X

• cati0314
    cati0314 Member Posts: 203
    Cramping

Hi Roz,

I have osteoporosis and have also developed what seems to be IBS.  Both of these problems allowed me to get diagnostic bone scan and CT scan of body from neck down.  I was NED but my point is as difficult as it is to have these tests and have to wait it gave my oncologist and rheumatologist excuses to request tests that looked at me for mets.  Please contact your onco for advice.  I know you'll be fine!

Best,

Sharon

• RozHopkins
    Thanks Sharon

Thanks Sharon

• lintx
    lintx Member Posts: 697

Thanks Sharon

Thanks Sharon

Hi Roz

I agree that you should call your onco. Probably nothing, but you'll feel relieved.  Miss seeing your name on here!  Hugs, Linda

• Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    lintx said:

Hi Roz

I agree that you should call your onco. Probably nothing, but you'll feel relieved.  Miss seeing your name on here!  Hugs, Linda

"Charlie horse"

Roz, I have had twitching, and cramping on my left side (above waist, but below breast and actually below ribs) since before I had cancer.  When this happens, I worry about it and when it doesn't I forget to mention it.  It actually went away for a while and is back again.  For me, it seems to be muscular twitching and sometimes like a charlie horse.  And position can make a difference - like I can usually stretch it out.  I never have thought about mets, and it may be entirely different than what you're experiencing.  I hope you get it checked out under any circumstance.  Better to be safe than sorry.  So many symptoms can be because of mets and so many other symptoms are just something else.  Please check this out and put your mind at ease.

Suzanne

• RozHopkins
    Thanks everyone

Thanks everyone