gyncitobine

bob13440
bob13440 Member Posts: 66

good morning ladies. I haven't been on this site in quite some time, I hope everyone is well. my wife Lorraine has stage 4 ovarian cancer and just resumed chemotherapy last Tuesday. Her doctor is giving her gyncitobine this time with carbo, she was getting taxon and carbo before and she handled that quite well. The gyncitobine is really taking its toll on her. has anyone had this type of chemo and can you tell us how long it kept you sick? her appointments are going to be every 3 weeks, should we expect her to feel like this all the way until her next treatment? we understood that was going to make her week and nauseous but, wondering if this is how it'll be for the next 18 weeks. 

Comments

• wholfmeister
    wholfmeister Member Posts: 315
    Gemzar

I was on gemzar for a few months...sadly, it didn't work on my cancer.  I didn't have any particular problem with it except fatigue.  Be sure to speak to Lorraine's doctor or nurses.  She shouldn't have to suffer with nausea, etc.  She may need to have the pre-meds adjusted or be given other meds to combat these side effects.  Don't allow her to just accept feeling sick for 3 weeks until the next dose. 

Good luck!  I hope it works for her!

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    I was on Gemzar and didn't

I was on Gemzar and didn't have any problems.  However I was allergic to taxol and that's why they gave me gemzar.  I got that every two weeks instead of once a month.  

• bob13440
    bob13440 Member Posts: 66
    thank you for the feedback
    thank you for the feedback ladies, it is very much appreciated.