New and Encouraged!

Options
Amz31
Amz31 Member Posts: 1

I am new to the discussion boards, but encouraged by all the support that is given to the members! 

in our family we talk in sports terms. Today I start my 4th quarter of chemo treatments for my stage II triple negative. After this treatment I will have a few days of "off season" before my double mastectomy and tram reconstruction on Jan 5. We call the surgery and recovery that will follow the pre-season conditioning. for any sport the conditioning is the worst and most important part of a successful team. I know that 2016 will be a winning season....cancer free! 

While I am new to the discussion boards, I am not new to cancer. I successfully battled non-hodgkins lymphoma 3 years ago. From these battles I have learned that I don't get to be in control of the world, but I can be in control of the joy I find in life each day. My very early morning joy today was discovering this forum to share positive stories, ask questions that only people with the insiders view can answer, and to seek support from a group of fierce warriors! 

Thank you for taking a few minutes to read this. Find joy in your day....and Go Team! 

Comments

• Teach76
    Teach76 Member Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Great attitude!

Thank you for sharing your positive energy!  May all continue to go well.  Just keep in mind that as you face your opponent, the gameplan may be changed by the coaches.  In the end, all treatments are completed, and you are ready to move on to the next challenge or celebration.

• Puffin2014
    Puffin2014 Member Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    welcome

welcome to the site. I'm not a sports fan but enjoyed your analogy and it certainly applies. Keep in touch and let us know how we can help.

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    Welcome

Denise

Welcome

Denise

• lintx
    lintx Member Posts: 697
    Options

Welcome

Denise

Welcome

Denise

Like you already!

No worries because you're going to the playoffs!  Linda

• morgamed
    morgamed Member Posts: 75
    Options
    lintx said:

Like you already!

No worries because you're going to the playoffs!  Linda

Giggling

I don't know anything about sports.... but my Husband called the "girls"   hood ornaments and told the Dr they had no function on how the motor ran to uncrew them and put them on a shelf somewhere.   Guess I made it to Checkered Flag!!! 

Keep up the great positive attitude..and welcome aboard.