O.T.-New Dr

Options
disneyfan2008
disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
edited December 2015 in Breast Cancer #1

I have finally decided to change Gastro Drs and have an appt tomrrow AM. (IT is a gastro Dr-due to long time colitis) I am screened annually for colan cancer! I had a long time Dr that retired and the one who took over my file/case is not on the top of my list. NO bedside manner-cold and not one to chat, if you want to, about medical concerns.

My Last (28th coloncsopy, but who's counting) colonoscopy I was not cleaned out completely-she told me firmly I WASTED HER time and mine! She did the procedure, so she is getting paid by medical plan-so I AM NOT SURE how I wasted her time. (I was tuck 4-5 times for an IV etc-so I was not there for a picnic in the park)

Thanks for reading my rant.

I HOPE THIS new Dr has a different approach!

Denise

Comments

• button2
    button2 Member Posts: 421
    Options
    Good luck Denise

Proud of you for changing doctors and hope you get the care you deserve!! Let us know how it goes....

• disneyfan2008
    Options
    Well, Upon my first

Well, Upon my first impression today-chatting with the new Dr, she seems very compassioante, kind and caring. VERY sweet-had patince with me while chatting. I have my test done early Jan.

Denise

• Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options

Well, Upon my first

Well, Upon my first impression today-chatting with the new Dr, she seems very compassioante, kind and caring. VERY sweet-had patince with me while chatting. I have my test done early Jan.

Denise

Way to go Denise!

You need to like or at least not dislike your doctor.  I think this is as important to healing as drugs sometimes.  Hope this new doc works out well for you.  Yearly colonoscopies?  Arghhhh.  I have one scheduled for end of January and anticipate no findings which would keep me on the 10year plan, and I'm thinking I'll just skip the next one completely (unless I have any changes).  I'll be 78 in 10 years and can't imagine going through the prep at that point - unless it is necessary. 

Good luck!

Suzanne

• disneyfan2008
    Options

Way to go Denise!

You need to like or at least not dislike your doctor.  I think this is as important to healing as drugs sometimes.  Hope this new doc works out well for you.  Yearly colonoscopies?  Arghhhh.  I have one scheduled for end of January and anticipate no findings which would keep me on the 10year plan, and I'm thinking I'll just skip the next one completely (unless I have any changes).  I'll be 78 in 10 years and can't imagine going through the prep at that point - unless it is necessary. 

Good luck!

Suzanne

I am very regimented when it

I am very regimented when it comes to Dr appts and tests. I am overdue now-since I was upset/ disgusted wth the DR being so uncaring-I just had to call a new pratice. I thought I woul have to wait months for an appt, as  new patient and they took me 2 days later.

Thanks for the OT replies.

Denise

• Teach76
    Teach76 Member Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Changing doctors

I have found that the guilt of changing doctors has only lasted from the time I made the appointment until I met the new doctor.  Remember that you are the paying customer, and as such, you have a right to shop around if not satisfied.

kathy

• disneyfan2008
    Options
    Teach76 said:

Changing doctors

I have found that the guilt of changing doctors has only lasted from the time I made the appointment until I met the new doctor.  Remember that you are the paying customer, and as such, you have a right to shop around if not satisfied.

kathy

Thanks..

Thanks..