What are we grateful for?

lp1964
lp1964 Member Posts: 1,239 Member

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm grateful for my re-gains health, newfound happiness, the precious people in my life and the limited time langostino tacos at Rubio's. You?

Laz

Comments

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    Here in Canada we had our

Here in Canada we had our Thanksgiving last month but I certainly know what I'm grateful for now and every day. Life itself and my daughter and husband who have supported and loved me through all of this. Also my dogs and horse who have made me feel better on even the worst days.

Jan

• lizard44
    lizard44 Member Posts: 409 Member
    Too many things to list

I'm grateful for  all the things already mentioned: family, friends, support, etc.  and I'm grateful for caring, knowledgeable doctors, nurses and other medical staff; that so far there have been minimal  side effects to treatment and that I've been able to  attend  my weekly yoga class  without missing a single one! But  there is so much more-- the sun glinting off the autumn leaves, making them glow like burnished gold, watching children playing outside, running and laughing (a rare enough sight nowadays in the age of electronic devices!) Seeing random acts of kindness and caring in what often seems like an uncaring world; hearing a beautiful piece of music, or reading a passage in a book that makes the words come alive and dance off the page Despite all the ugliness and pain that exists, there are   so many little vignettes of beauty  and love waiting to be discovered once we begin looking for them. I'm reminded of  that verse from Robert Louis Stevenson, “The world is so full of a number of things, I ’m sure we should all be as happy as kings.”

Grace

• Jen1988
    Jen1988 Member Posts: 36
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and

Happy Thanksgiving to you and lovely wife. 

I too also grateful for the the new wonderful friends i have here in cancer network

• Cathleen Mary
    Cathleen Mary Member Posts: 827 Member
    Jen1988 said:

Happy Thanksgiving to you and

Happy Thanksgiving to you and lovely wife. 

I too also grateful for the the new wonderful friends i have here in cancer network

Filled with gratitude. Maya

Filled with gratitude. Maya Angelou says it well: "This is a wonderful day. I've never seen this one before."

CM

• sharpy102
    sharpy102 Member Posts: 368 Member

Filled with gratitude. Maya

Filled with gratitude. Maya Angelou says it well: "This is a wonderful day. I've never seen this one before."

CM

I am grateful for finding you

I am grateful for finding you all back in 2009 and that you guys were always there to support me...I am grateful for knowing those also who have since left from us, and I will always keep you all in my heart!!!!

• DD3
    DD3 Member Posts: 136 Member
    Wow

that is a loaded question Laz... I'm just a caretaker and couldn't be more grateful my wife is going on 3 years NED.  But, in all honesty... I find I'm more grateful for the little things in life that I used to take for granted.  Yah, life is good.  Bless all those on this board.