Scan results Votrient/Pazopanib 8 Weeks In

MattInVa
MattInVa Member Posts: 50

3 Months after my diagnosis/Nephorectemy and 8 weeks on Votrient/Pazopanib I had some shrinkage of my lung mets, not huge though.

Last scan was Sept 21. Current Scan Oct 20.  

My largest nodes where 2.0x1.9cm and 1.0x1.0cm with numerous others throughout all lobes of my lungs.

Shrinkage on these was 1.6x1.8cm and .9x.8cm with the smaller nodules stable or some shrinkage. 

Not enough to classify it as signifigant as the shrinkage was about 25% in volume. 

Nonetheless it was a net positive. With a good sign that the centers appear to be collapsing some (Mild cavitation)

Perhaps another moth or two will yield better results, 8 weeks is not a very long time in the scheme of things.

Matt

Comments

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    8 weeks

is nothing. Your body has been through an enormous amount of physiological stress. Any negative change is significant. I so look forward to your 6 month report. Better yet, your yearly report. You are looking at a long future.

• Richgels1
    Richgels1 Member Posts: 26 Member
    Hi

Hi Matt,

I'm betting your next scan will be even better. My met was stable after 3 months on Votrient and I was NED after 6 months. Good luck...

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,062 Member
    Richgels1 said:

Hi

Hi Matt,

I'm betting your next scan will be even better. My met was stable after 3 months on Votrient and I was NED after 6 months. Good luck...

Perhaps not extreme, but

Perhaps not extreme, but still shrinkage, which is great! Give it more time! 

• angec
    angec Member Posts: 924 Member
    Matt, that is great news!

Matt, that is great news! Also, that is the pattern with Votrient, so you are going the right way! Keep up the results! Enjoy life!  Are you taking the drug at night after dinner?

• Ed Brabant
    Ed Brabant Member Posts: 61
    angec said:

Matt, that is great news!

Matt, that is great news! Also, that is the pattern with Votrient, so you are going the right way! Keep up the results! Enjoy life!  Are you taking the drug at night after dinner?

votrient

Been almost 3 years for me on 800 mg a day. Scans showed shrinkage for 3-4 scans now no growth stable. Another scan in January. for me my body for the most part is handling the drug very well. Had to stop 3 times in 3 years for just under a week. My body seemed to reset. Remember no growth is real good news as well. For me i got the best results taking it as soon as i get up in the morning. Side effects seemed to be less than taking it later in the day. But everyone is different. You will find what's better for you. Good luck and never ever give up. 

• MattInVa
    MattInVa Member Posts: 50

votrient

Been almost 3 years for me on 800 mg a day. Scans showed shrinkage for 3-4 scans now no growth stable. Another scan in January. for me my body for the most part is handling the drug very well. Had to stop 3 times in 3 years for just under a week. My body seemed to reset. Remember no growth is real good news as well. For me i got the best results taking it as soon as i get up in the morning. Side effects seemed to be less than taking it later in the day. But everyone is different. You will find what's better for you. Good luck and never ever give up. 

I take it in the morning.

I take it in the morning. Empty stomach as sugested then wait an hour or so before eating. I think I have the typical effects..white hair occasional soft stool. I sometimes get a little nausea not long after taking it, but it usually fades pretty quick. My bloodwork has been good.

2 months was pretty soon after I started on it so I am pretty happy. I was escpecially pleased to hear that it was collapsing from the inside.

Hopefully it keeps it at bay while they advance other treatments.

• rhominator
    rhominator Member Posts: 233 Member
    MattInVa said:

I take it in the morning.

I take it in the morning. Empty stomach as sugested then wait an hour or so before eating. I think I have the typical effects..white hair occasional soft stool. I sometimes get a little nausea not long after taking it, but it usually fades pretty quick. My bloodwork has been good.

2 months was pretty soon after I started on it so I am pretty happy. I was escpecially pleased to hear that it was collapsing from the inside.

Hopefully it keeps it at bay while they advance other treatments.

AM Meds

Matt, I take my Votrient in the morning as well.  Same basic side effects.

-- Bruce